The Student Room Group

Girls make me feel uncomfortable

Obligatory anon or delete

Girls make me feel uncomfortable. I can converse with them on a certain level, but I often feel like I'm holding back, I'm not quite 'myself' with them. Conversations with my female relatives (:frown:) are fine and I can laugh and joke with them freely, but this is rarely the case with girls at school or uni. When a girl comes near me I get so stressy, I feel like I have to be perfect - smell nice, look nice etc. I think I'm actually a bit neurotic about my smell to be honest, I'm self-conscious at best. I don't like letting people in my room, in case it smells bad. :sad: It's a good thing there are so few girls on my course! Sometimes I've felt so stressed that I just avoid contact with them altogether.

I don't like to be touched, nor do I like touching girls. Thinking about why I don't like to be touched, I believe it's because it makes me paranoid about what the toucher might be thinking about me :redface: I see guys holding girls all the time for no reason, and it always irritated me, because it seems needless (you don't need to be rubbing up a girl if you're asking her about homework, do you? NO.) but I'm sure that if I tried, I would fail. I just don't think people see me that way.

I don't know how to flirt either. Inside I feel like some kind of virile beast, like a tiger, but I filter so so much of what I think before I actually say it, and I just appear to be a little lamb! I think I do this because I don't think girls would want me to flirt with them. Who am I to be showing interest in them? :sigh:

I cannot see myself ever going out with a girl, or doing anything that a boyfriend and girlfriend would do. I can imagine it, but it seems totally unrealistic; nothing but a fantasy. I honestly can't see why any girl would go out with me, so why bother?

People of TSR, how can I rectify this obvious flaw? How am I going to find a nice well-endowed girl to give me intermammary pleasure if I have trouble even talking to them? :frown:

Before any of you accuse me of trolling, I'd like to say that I am (unfortunately) not trolling. It's probably fairly obvious who the author is, anyway.

tl;dr - Title.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
make some girl friends and gt to know them and know what they like in guy, maybe that'll ease your consciousness around them. also see one of those 'date doctors'... dont know where you'll find one but they do exsist! :smile:

hope this helps
Reply 2
Seems like you have a strong case of homosexuality there.

I jest, of course.

Girls aren't an alien race, they have the same emotions, most likely they notice when you're shy, so if you find a girl you really like, just try talking and explain your reasons for being so quite and shy around them.
Reply 3
What is it with little boys scared of girls nowadays? It sounds like you're in year 1 dude, man up they're only human!
join clubs/society groups and make new female friends via your male friends. just talk about their course and how they're coping.
do it slowly and then sooner or later, it will be normal talking to a girl. you dont have to flirt with a girl, just treat her nice and she'll do the same
Reply 5
Girls are basically the same as boys apart from the obvious physical differences......its not like we dont communicate in the same way
Reply 6
Original post by Billo007
:frown: I feel for you OP. Don't give up though, try and talk to shyer girls because it is more likely that they'll be feeling similar things.

I was about to ask where I could meet 'shyer' girls :redface:

Original post by The Polar Dude
join clubs/society groups and make new female friends via your male friends. just talk about their course and how they're coping.
do it slowly and then sooner or later, it will be normal talking to a girl. you dont have to flirt with a girl, just treat her nice and she'll do the same

But it seems my male friends all have the same sort of female friends, not the kind I could get to know in any sort of depth :frown:

I'm always nice! Maybe that's where I'm going wrong?
Girls often make me feel uncomfortable too, when they sit on my face while naked it can be very hot and restricting.
Original post by Anonymous
Obligatory anon or delete

Girls make me feel uncomfortable. I can converse with them on a certain level, but I often feel like I'm holding back, I'm not quite 'myself' with them. Conversations with my female relatives (:frown:) are fine and I can laugh and joke with them freely, but this is rarely the case with girls at school or uni. When a girl comes near me I get so stressy, I feel like I have to be perfect - smell nice, look nice etc. I think I'm actually a bit neurotic about my smell to be honest, I'm self-conscious at best. I don't like letting people in my room, in case it smells bad. :sad: It's a good thing there are so few girls on my course! Sometimes I've felt so stressed that I just avoid contact with them altogether.

I don't like to be touched, nor do I like touching girls. Thinking about why I don't like to be touched, I believe it's because it makes me paranoid about what the toucher might be thinking about me :redface: I see guys holding girls all the time for no reason, and it always irritated me, because it seems needless (you don't need to be rubbing up a girl if you're asking her about homework, do you? NO.) but I'm sure that if I tried, I would fail. I just don't think people see me that way.

I don't know how to flirt either. Inside I feel like some kind of virile beast, like a tiger, but I filter so so much of what I think before I actually say it, and I just appear to be a little lamb! I think I do this because I don't think girls would want me to flirt with them. Who am I to be showing interest in them? :sigh:

I cannot see myself ever going out with a girl, or doing anything that a boyfriend and girlfriend would do. I can imagine it, but it seems totally unrealistic; nothing but a fantasy. I honestly can't see why any girl would go out with me, so why bother?

People of TSR, how can I rectify this obvious flaw? How am I going to find a nice well-endowed girl to give me intermammary pleasure if I have trouble even talking to them? :frown:

Before any of you accuse me of trolling, I'd like to say that I am (unfortunately) not trolling. It's probably fairly obvious who the author is, anyway.

tl;dr - Title.

people like touching. what's the issue?
Reply 9

:lolwut:
Reply 10

I'm always nice! Maybe that's where I'm going wrong?

Don't eat yourself up for being nice. It is true that nice guys finish last, and it is going to be harder to be open about things, but its definitely not 'wrong' to be nice at all. There aren't enough of those people left around these days. Keep at it.
Reply 11

Don't eat yourself up for being nice. It is true that nice guys finish last, and it is going to be harder to be open about things, but its definitely not 'wrong' to be nice at all. There aren't enough of those people left around these days. Keep at it.

:redface:

Like I said, I can have a perfectly nice conversation with a girl, but I know that I could be so much more entertaining. I just restrict myself so much. :banghead:
Reply 12
I know that I could be so much more entertaining. I just restrict myself so much. :banghead:

Practice. Don't rush anything. Don't try and force being entertaining on somebody, just ease your way into it and the more you do it, the more natural it'll become. Restricting yourself also adds a bit of curiosity to you which makes you more interesting.
Original post by anoushka1
Girls are basically the same as boys apart from the obvious physical differences......its not like we dont communicate in the same way

In my experience that isn't the case. I tend to click naturally with other guys and have no trouble maintaining a conversation, even when I don't have much in common with them, wheras with girls it is like pulling teeth, I feel like I have to put loads of effort into the conversation to keep it going. Maybe i'm just unlucky with the girls that I know...
Hmm, well I went to an all-girls school up until year 11 and didn't really have much contact with them, so when I first went to college I felt a bit intimidated by boys. But really it just took time (and some alcohol) and I slowly felt more confident around them...I never thought anyone would want to go out with me but now I have a boyfriend. :smile: So maybe just try and force yourself to talk to them sometimes and you'll get more used to it.
Reply 15
Try and make friends with one girl, hang out with her for a bit you should in theory get a bit more comfortable being with women socially or something I dunno.
Reply 16
Practice. Don't rush anything. Don't try and force being entertaining on somebody, just ease your way into it and the more you do it, the more natural it'll become. Restricting yourself also adds a bit of curiosity to you which makes you more interesting.

But it's difficult to be relaxed if for some reason girls make you stressed :frown:

It seems I have no choice but to keep trying, so I will. Thank you :smile:

In my experience that isn't the case. I tend to click naturally with other guys and have no trouble maintaining a conversation, even when I don't have much in common with them, wheras with girls it is like pulling teeth, I feel like I have to put loads of effort into the conversation to keep it going. Maybe i'm just unlucky with the girls that I know...

This is exactly how I feel! :frown:

Original post by PointeShoes-x
Hmm, well I went to an all-girls school up until year 11 and didn't really have much contact with them, so when I first went to college I felt a bit intimidated by boys. But really it just took time (and some alcohol) and I slowly felt more confident around them...I never thought anyone would want to go out with me but now I have a boyfriend. :smile: So maybe just try and force yourself to talk to them sometimes and you'll get more used to it.

My school was all boys until sixth form. When the girls came everyone became dicks; it was really sad.

I think this is when my self-consciousness started.
Reply 17
Original post by Veldrin

Original post by Veldrin
Try and make friends with one girl, hang out with her for a bit you should in theory get a bit more comfortable being with women socially or something I dunno.

I'll have a go. :h:

Exactly the same here. I find it so difficult to talk to a girl even though a guy who I've also never met before is much easier to converse with. I know there shouldn't be a difference but for some reason there is.
Perhaps my overdue uber-virginity is taking a toll on my mentality....
Reply 19
Learn to not take life so seriously

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending