Recommend lip tints for me? Watch

Khodu
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I've been meaning on buying something like that.

Lipsticks are too much for everyday wear and lip gloss isn't the look I want. I normally wear just vaseline.

Someone recommended lip tints to me a while back.

hannahdaisy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I've been using the Body Shop lip and cheek tint for a few years now. Tempted to try one of the new Max Factor ones though, just didn't know which colour to pick. Body Shop one works well for me though, can go a bit dry though so you need to put lip balm or gloss over the top. Not sure if they're all like that coz I haven't used any others.
MsAnnThropic
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I second The Body Shop's "lip and cheek tint" (in Rose only, the glittery ones are horrible on). It lasts quite nicely and looks lovely under lip balm. The ingredients must be good, it's the only make-up I have that I'm not allergic to!

I've heard wonderful things about the Bourjois lip stain, although I'm not brave enough to try it myself since my skin almost never tolerates cosmetics well
Inner Poise
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by hannahdaisy)
I've been using the Body Shop lip and cheek tint for a few years now. Tempted to try one of the new Max Factor ones though, just didn't know which colour to pick. Body Shop one works well for me though, can go a bit dry though so you need to put lip balm or gloss over the top. Not sure if they're all like that coz I haven't used any others.
Do you mean the Max Factor felt tip type ones? I bought one in Boots when they were on offer in 'Berry' because that was closest to the Body Shop one I'd been using (fyi the shades shown on the Boots website are NOT accurate at all :p:) I quite like it - it's a novelty to be sort of drawing on your face, and you can build up a lot of colour. But it really doesn't last long, unlike the adverts claim, and I think mine's dried out a bit because not much colour comes out any more. It also made my lips quite dry so I'd suggest using Vaseline beforehand. I also put a bit of Lipcote on top sometimes which I think makes it last slightly longer. I guess I like the idea of it but not much else. Might work for you though
Khodu
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by Inner Poise)
Do you mean the Max Factor felt tip type ones? I bought one in Boots when they were on offer in 'Berry' because that was closest to the Body Shop one I'd been using (fyi the shades shown on the Boots website are NOT accurate at all :p:) I quite like it - it's a novelty to be sort of drawing on your face, and you can build up a lot of colour. But it really doesn't last long, unlike the adverts claim, and I think mine's dried out a bit because not much colour comes out any more. It also made my lips quite dry so I'd suggest using Vaseline beforehand. I also put a bit of Lipcote on top sometimes which I think makes it last slightly longer. I guess I like the idea of it but not much else. Might work for you though

Thanks.
hannahdaisy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Inner Poise)
Yep, I bought one today on offer in Superdrug, not tried it yet though. Not sure what mine was called, but the lid was a purple colour, kinda put me off a bit at first but it came out a nice dark pink colour. Worth a try anyway I guess!
popple7
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i use this lipstick by revlon, in one of the darker shades (so not as an everyday lipstick). i really like it, once it dries, it really stays put. and i didnt find it to dry out my lips like the maybelline version (superstay i think its called?).

also, barry m lipsticks are super pigmented and some shades actually stain your lips better than anything else! my fave is 144, it looks barbie pink but it goes on more natural than you think (as long as you apply it well!) and gives your lips colour for the rest of the day.. however, it can be a wee bit drying, but as long as you combine it with a lip balm its not too bad.
babygaga
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I really like it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (302)
37.52%
No - but I will (61)
7.58%
No - I don't want to (60)
7.45%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (382)
47.45%

Watched Threads