Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    As above ... Just wondering if there's a chance I can write to them or is my best bet to call?

ReputationRep:
    thinking of writing a strongly worded email after all the trouble they gave you?

ReputationRep:
    this is all i could find:

tel: +44 (0)870 1122211, open Monday to Friday, 08:30 - 17:30 (UK time)
    email: [email protected] for an automated response with general information and guidance on the UCAS procedures.

If you need help or advice on your individual application you should contact your careers adviser or call our Customer Service Unit on +44 (0)870 1122211. You can also write to us at Customer Service Unit, UCAS, PO Box 28, Cheltenham GL52 3LZ.

ReputationRep:
    sorry...theres actually a lot more..

http://www.ucas.com/address.html
    you should find atleast one address to fit your type of enquiry!

ReputationRep:
    I would call UCAS instead of e-mailing. It might take ages for UCAS to reply to an e-mail, but if this is a legal matter then it should be writing (letter not email).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bdarnell)
    I would call UCAS instead of e-mailing. It might take ages for UCAS to reply to an e-mail, but if this is a legal matter then it should be writing (letter not email).
    it takes ages, no matter what mode of communication :rolleyes: ....but yeah, your advice seems sensible!

ReputationRep:
    good god, I just realised that Anne has 1,022 posts.... :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I know :eek: CRAZY !!! lol

Yeah, I might have to call them. It's just about the fee code again. Ugh.

ReputationRep:
    Ben, heres Anne's 1000 milestone if youre interested
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/f201.html

Anne, aww! the fee code thing is giving you such trouble! have the comic san font email uni replied? (sorry i cant remember what uni it was )

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'd ring them, gets it delt with quicker!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexysax)
    Yeah, I'd ring them, gets it delt with quicker!
    not to mention the songs they put on while youre on hold :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, well Chaleny just said she called UCAS about it and they said to call the unis -same as they told me weeks ago. So I won't bother contacting UCAS again, I'll just wait and see what the unis say... It is giving me lots of touble I'm horrified to be charged 11k or something

3 of my unis have changed my code tho, one sent me a form to fill in to assess my status.

Canterbury and Plymouth haven't replied at all yet. Plymouth were the one with the cloudy background I dunno why it's taking them so long, I thought they basically knew what they wanted ... Oh well....

ReputationRep:
    That's the best bit!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PSdilemma)
    not to mention the songs they put on while youre on hold :p:
    Is the UCAs number a regular telephone number or is it a service number? Like one that's more expensive than usual calls? Just cos when I called them, it did seem quiet costly :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anne*UK*06)
    Yeah, well Chaleny just said she called UCAS about it and they said to call the unis -same as they told me weeks ago. So I won't bother contacting UCAS again, I'll just wait and see what the unis say... It is giving me lots of touble I'm horrified to be charged 11k or something

3 of my unis have changed my code tho, one sent me a form to fill in to assess my status.

Canterbury and Plymouth haven't replied at all yet. Plymouth were the one with the cloudy background I dunno why it's taking them so long, I thought they basically knew what they wanted ... Oh well....
    :hugs: youll be fine......so far as i know, youd only be charged 11k if you were an international student, regradless of whether you were paying your fee yourself, or if an organisation was paying for you
    i think the only difference there is between private finance and LEA etc is just that if you put the former one in, you have to pay your tuition fee, an d i think are saying that you dont want any loans/financial support from your LEA.....which is what code 02 is, support from local LEA......
    anyways, lets hope this mess is sorted out quick

ReputationRep:
    Is the UCAs number a regular telephone number or is it a service number? Like one that's more expensive than usual calls? Just cos when I called them, it did seem quiet costly :eek:
    an 0870 number.......not a regular number, might explain why you found it expensive...

ReputationRep:
    Ah, okay, good. That means that when I call the unis, it'll be cheaper. Good to know, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PSdilemma)
    :hugs: youll be fine......so far as i know, youd only be charged 11k if you were an international student, regradless of whether you were paying your fee yourself, or if an organisation was paying for you
    i think the only difference there is between private finance and LEA etc is just that if you put the former one in, you have to pay your tuition fee, an d i think are saying that you dont want any loans/financial support from your LEA.....which is what code 02 is, support from local LEA......
    anyways, lets hope this mess is sorted out quick
    Yeah, thanks Cross your fingers for me !!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, thanks Cross your fingers for me !!!
    all crossed! youll be fine im sure! good luck anyway!

ReputationRep:
    yeah good luck Anne!!

:hugs:

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.