The Student Room Group

10% of 'British' children are now mixed race

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by mathew551
I'm White, and I don't care.

Like Mathew551, I too am white, and I too do not care!

But yeah if it gets to like 25-30% I'd start caring I think.
Reply 41
Original post by jinglepupskye
That would be different ethnicities rather than races. And that happened over hundreds and thousands of years so that assimilation occurred. But even then there were huge problems with the Irish coming over here during and after the famine in Ireland.

I can only think of one genuinely mixed race society and that would be America and even that has happened over ten's and hundreds of years.

The problem with the change in Britain (and it is a problem, despite the naysayers), is the speed of the process rather than the actual process itself. People haven't had time to become accustomed to that change and see only the negative aspects such as the impact on jobs, housing etc.

It is something that the political class MUST debate openly rather than suppress debate through punitive laws. If they ignore it they play straight into the hands of the BNP.

Sorry but I still fail to see where this problem of yours is.

Also, what is the difference between race and ethnicity?

And you seem to be talking about immigration, not race. Completely different topic.
Original post by Kickflip
This is pure genetics, nowhere in the world where blacks live have they created anything like European standards of living for themselves.

Interesting. If the American population was divided into black and non black groups, blacks would be one of the richest countries per capita in the world. Odd that your thesis doesn't hold up here.
Original post by ruhan

China can be very racist, especially against blacks and brown Asians
Reply 44
Most people are some form of mixture - possible exceptions being a few Icelanders, Sentinelese, and Amazonian tribes.
News just in - the only people who parrot about their race are people who have no individual qualities or identity themselves, so have to assume it from somewhere else. OP is an example.
Original post by thecat23
I really really hate it when I hear this crap about how the British race is going to die out and all that *******s.

Apparently white Britons make up 98% of the population so WHAT ARE U WHINING ABOUT CHA?

And wtf are you trying to say? That being brown makes you 'third world what the hell are you on? Most of the countries that are 'third world' and have brown people are only in that state because they were exploited by the Europeans.

This.
Reply 47
An example of a 'mixed race' country already exists. Brazil is 80% mixed race. The mixed race population in Brazil leads a third world ghetto existence, while the top 20% of the population are white. This is pure genetics, nowhere in the world where blacks live have they created anything like European standards of living for themselves. Hence the 'ghetto' is the same on every continent. Whites are not to blame for ghettos, because ghettos are the natural form of living in their native Africa and Asia. This is why race mixing is such a problem, if you cross the third world with the first world you get the third world. Who in their right mind would do that?

Mixed race Brazil:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AASusCA0XVA

No.

Have you seen the number of commuters in cities such as Mumbai, Delhi and Bangalore?

There is no 'third world race' or 'first world race'.
Reply 48
Original post by Time Tourist
Of course, we're not allowed to have any feelings about this. Other than 'celebrate' the disappearance of our people. 'Celebrate' how much better our country will be when we are finally a minority.

How are they disappearing? Are they being gassed?
Reply 49
If being born in Britain makes you British, by that logic, if a dog is born in a stable, it's a horse.

Logic fail.

Dogs and horses, though both mammals are from two different genii.

All homo sapiens belong, not only to the same genus, but also to the same species.

Oops!
Reply 50
Original post by thecat23
I really really hate it when I hear this crap about how the British race is going to die out and all that *******s.

Apparently white Britons make up 98% of the population so WHAT ARE U WHINING ABOUT CHA?

And wtf are you trying to say? That being brown makes you 'third world what the hell are you on? Most of the countries that are 'third world' and have brown people are only in that state because they were exploited by the Europeans.

I think it is approx. 88%. Still an overwhelming majority.
Reply 51
and loool at this fear of the dominant race in the whole world of 'dying out'

LOVE IT.

Of course the ruling class will find any way to maintain their power and one of the ways which they can do this is by instilling this 'fear'
Reply 52
My Dad was part Scottish and my mum is Irish......does that make me mixed race?.Anyway, who cares that "10% of British children are now mixed race", not I.
Reply 53
What does this mean for Britons? The BBC seems to be suggesting that we will be wiped out through interbreeding. Obviously this is a huge problem. What will happen to mixed race people long term? History has showed they have fewer breeding options and end up disappearing into the lower classes. So how can the social deterioration of Britain be allowed to happen, and even championed by politicians and the media? What will this mean for us 500 years down the line? Are advocats seriously suggesting Britain becomes browner, more third world, and that the English as an ethnic group are wiped out? How can this madness be allowed to continue?

In the interest of clarity, please state your ethnic origin with your post.

Don't you have a disgusting attitude?
I'm half Jamaican, half welsh. Get over it :-). My life doesn't have less value than yours, I'm not some lesser creature just because I happen to have brown skin. Social deterioration? Seriously you need to get a life.
Russell Peters: Beige people

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDl8unyFE0c
Reply 55
Most of the countries that are 'third world' and have brown people are only in that state because they were exploited by the Europeans.

Blacks live with the same standard of living on every continent they inhabit. They make their own bed and lie in it. The black 'ghetto' is the same in Europe, America and in Africa. Because blacks live in ghettos in Africa, without any European interference, should be proof enough that that is their natural standard of living they are comfortable with. To blame whites for their standard of living is like fish blaming whites for their living in the sea. Blacks are always saying whites exploit them. OK then, what have blacks ever given whites? What have we gotten out of this 'exploitation', compared to the many BILLIONS that blacks cost the West in Policing, Welfare and Aid?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 56
Original post by Annie72
My Dad was part Scottish and my mum is Irish......does that make me mixed race?.Anyway, who cares that "10% of British children are now mixed race", not I.

no, that's not mixed race since ur still Caucasian. I
cool- mixed raced people are hot
Blacks live with the same standard of living on every continent they inhabit. They make their own bed and lie in it. The black 'ghetto' is the same in Europe, America and in Africa. Because blacks live in ghettos in Africa, without any European interference, should be proof enough that that is their natural standard of living they are comfortable with. To blame whites for their standard of living is like fish blaming whites for their living in the sea. Blacks are always saying whites exploit them. OK then, what have blacks ever given whites? What have we gotten out of this 'exploitation', compared to the many BILLIONS that blacks cost the West in Policing, Welfare and Aid?

And when the West was living in huts, the Chinese were living in palaces wearing silk, drinking tea and enjoying concubines.

What's your point?
Reply 59
My own ancestry is odd. very odd. My mother is from a Cockney family, and that's that, but my father's family is where is gets interesting:
His mother's parents: mother: Isle of Wight; father: Scots/Irish (both, not "don't know"). The Scots side boils down to the Stewart family, if that means anything.
His father: Jewish by ancestry, but the family was resident in England for... about a thousand years: they were Norman Conquerors. They spent many generations in the Ribble Valley area (mainly in Oswaldtwistle).

Quick Reply

Latest