expired passports as ID Watch

This discussion is closed.
charcharchar
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I'm 17 & 18 in july.. But I have a friend who is 18 in march and is going out.. the majority of my friends have already gone out & i want to join them this time as i'll feel left out otherwise! i have a sister who is 23 & am however too scared to ask whether i am able to use her ID or not, but I know where her expired ID is, (which expired in 2004) question is, does anyone think i'll be able to get away with using it and does it matter that its expired? the picture is of her when shes like 12.. & both the corners have been cut! help!
didgeridoo12uk
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
you probably won't be able to use it. or at least i wouldn't count on it.

just ask your sister or another friend for their ID.
thecat23
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by charcharchar)
I'm 17 & 18 in july.. But I have a friend who is 18 in march and is going out.. the majority of my friends have already gone out & i want to join them this time as i'll feel left out otherwise! i have a sister who is 23 & am however too scared to ask whether i am able to use her ID or not, but I know where her expired ID is, (which expired in 2004) question is, does anyone think i'll be able to get away with using it and does it matter that its expired? the picture is of her when shes like 12.. & both the corners have been cut! help!
No, not all the time, so I would get a back up as well just in case. Some bouncers are really stingy. But do try just in case.
TheRustaman
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
As long as you have tits, you'll get in.
Delaney
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Just ask your sister for her ID, she's hardly going to phone the police on you.
Cast.Iron
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Probably best to ask your sister's permission in case things turn sour on the fraud front.
charcharchar
Rep:
?
if they find youre using someone elses ID whats the worst thing that could happen
medbh4805
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
A lot of my friends have had difficulty with cut passports. Just ask your sister. The worst thing she can do is say no :dontknow:
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
And does this photograph of a 12 year old sibling look anything like you? Do you look 23? I can answer that one actually: you don't.

Maybe some idiot might let you in on it, but to be honest you've only got fractionally more chance than you would by saying 'no, I don't have anything on me'.
charcharchar
Rep:
?
(Original post by L i b)
And does this photograph of a 12 year old sibling look anything like you? Do you look 23? I can answer that one actually: you don't.

Maybe some idiot might let you in on it, but to be honest you've only got fractionally more chance than you would by saying 'no, I don't have anything on me'.
everyone says she looks exactly like me, we have the same hair and prettymuch the same face, she just has bigger boobs, but you ca nt really see that in the pass photo
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
if they find youre using someone elses ID whats the worst thing that could happen
The worst? You get prosecuted for fraud, and the other person either says she didn't know you took her ID - in which case, you're up for theft as well - or she admits to giving it to you and is thus part of your fraudulent scheme. You go to jail, and discover that women's prisons are full of psychos.

everyone says she looks exactly like me, we have the same hair and prettymuch the same face, she just has bigger boobs, but you ca nt really see that in the pass photo
Well, that's about the best you can ask for, I suppose.

Anyway, she had bigger boobs than you now when she was 12? Ouch.
twoforjoy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
they don't accept out of date passports, as it's more likely that it's someone else's which they can't use any more
charcharchar
Rep:
?
brilliant, looks like i'm staying at home!
curtis871
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
many places do accept expired passports I used one this morning but with it being that old it might cause problem. might as well give it a go though
charcharchar
Rep:
?
hmm is it worth the risk though :/
Revolution is my Name
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Well, technically, they're not acceptable as a form of ID, but I've been out with plenty of people who've used them, and quite often the bouncer either hasn't noticed it's expired, or just said that they're not meant to accept it, but will anyway since it's decent enough to identify you (the more attractive you are, and the less clothes you're wearing, the more likely that is to happen). But, then again, they're probably more likely to notice it's expired given the age disparity between the the age you're supposed to be and the age of the person in photo, and for a 23 year old to be identified by a photo from when they were 12 is a bit of a push, so you'd be lucky to get away with it really.
charcharchar
Rep:
?
hmmm that's what i thought, i asked my sis and she said i cant use her pass, but maybe her driving licence, but she has blonde hair in that, so still looks partially like me, but just our hair is different colours BUT same length?
curtis871
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
different hair colour shouldn't matter. people dye their hair all the time and don't update the photos.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (250)
39.06%
No - but I will (44)
6.88%
No - I don't want to (47)
7.34%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (299)
46.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed