Considering inboxing her this..good idea? Watch

fhatthewuck
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
So as I said in my previous thread, this girl I like, we have a mutual friend who's close to both of us, I added her on facebook. I tried talking to her today on facebook just got to saying hi to her. She went offline after that.
I'm considering inboxing her with the following message:
Hey I hope you don't think its weird that I added you. If you don't know already, I'm a really good friend of XYZ. He added you from my account while I had left my facebook on and I thought, well why not talk to you?
Ciaran88
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Worst excuse ever.

Just be honest.
fhatthewuck
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ciaran88)
Worst excuse ever.

Just be honest.
Alright, but I should inbox her right..cos the conversation was kind of weird today.
Andrew0510
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
No.. She proberly didn't even notice you said anything.
isawsparks89
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Skip the excuses and just ask if she wants to meet up for a coffee or something.
fhatthewuck
Rep:
?
(Original post by Andrew0510)
No.. She proberly didn't even notice you said anything.
She did. She said hi back. and I could message her to get her attention.
fhatthewuck
Rep:
?
(Original post by isawsparks89)
Skip the excuses and just ask if she wants to meet up for a coffee or something.
Umm..I have never even spoken to her let alone meet her..just ask her for a coffee out of the blue?
Alt__x
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I would be slightly creeped out tbh
fhatthewuck
Rep:
?
This could probably backfire. I mean, if I say my friend did it, she could think I'm not really interested in being friends.
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If you need to ask strangers on the internet if it's a good idea, it almost certainly isn't.
fhatthewuck
Rep:
?
(Original post by Alt__x)
I would be slightly creeped out tbh
so what do i do then?
greenglitter
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
mmm i wouldnt add people i dont know to be honest. maybe try waiting to see if you can bump into her in person perhaps on a night out?
isawsparks89
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by fhatthewuck)
Umm..I have never even spoken to her let alone meet her..just ask her for a coffee out of the blue?

This could probably backfire. I mean, if I say my friend did it, she could think I'm not really interested in being friends.
You've never SPOKEN to her in person?! Oh wow. Why did you add her?!
fhatthewuck
Rep:
?
You've never SPOKEN to her in person?! Oh wow. Why did you add her?!
Cos I think she's cute..and we have a mutual friend who's pretty close to both of us..and he said he's going to set me up with her.
StefanieLouise
Badges: 11
Report 8 years ago
Do nothing. Just talk to her next chance you get, strike up a conversation over someone's status or something. Don't message her with a pathetic excuse, because she will know you're lying. Girls aren't stupid just because they're female. You know, go with the "hi, hope you don't mind me adding you, I saw you were friends with xxxx."
fhatthewuck
Rep:
?
(Original post by greenglitter)
mmm i wouldnt add people i dont know to be honest. maybe try waiting to see if you can bump into her in person perhaps on a night out?
Cos I think she's cute..and we have a mutual friend who's pretty close to both of us..and he said he's going to set me up with her.
Anonymous #1
Report 8 years ago
she obviously wants to talk to you as she agreed to being your friend on fb, otherwise she would have just ignored the friend invitation.
Aristotle's' Disciple
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If he's going to set you up. Get set up. That's the general idea. You're not supposed to get it done!
isawsparks89
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You have a wingman, leave it to him.

Given that you don't really know her, why don't you just write on her wall asking how she is or something? Keep it public and then she won't suspect youre creepy.
fhatthewuck
Rep:
?
You have a wingman, leave it to him.

Given that you don't really know her, why don't you just write on her wall asking how she is or something? Keep it public and then she won't suspect youre creepy.
Erm..won't that be creepier?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (266)
38.61%
No - but I will (46)
6.68%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.4%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (326)
47.31%

Watched Threads