Do Universitiys have to let you know either way? Watch

livyahh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
So I had my first interview nearly 6 weeks ago and I'm still waiting to hear! Since then I've had another interview and an offer from else where. However having to wait for my first choice is killing me.

Am I right in thinking I probably should just be preparing for the worst? Surely I would have heard by now?! :confused: I know the deadline is like the 31st March or something, I just didn't expect to be waiting till then!

Do they have to actually inform you either way? Or is it just when they fancy being polite?
Emmargh
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by livyahh)
So I had my first interview nearly 6 weeks ago and I'm still waiting to hear! Since then I've had another interview and an offer from else where. However having to wait for my first choice is killing me.

Am I right in thinking I probably should just be preparing for the worst? Surely I would have heard by now?! :confused: I know the deadline is like the 31st March or something, I just didn't expect to be waiting till then!

Do they have to actually inform you either way? Or is it just when they fancy being polite?
Where are you applying to? Just out of curiosity.
There's a lot of competition this year for getting into university. They DO have to get back to you though by a certain date depends when you sent off your UCAS application.
Delaney
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If you applied by the January deadline the university needs to respond by the 31st of March, otherwise UCAS rejects you on their behalf.
Aristotle's' Disciple
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by livyahh)

They must inform you. But don't get worried. Chances are they are just late, if you think about it, it would make more sense to let people who have been rejected know first. Also, you should be happy, you still have a chance of getting in your first choice uni, and you have your insurance sorted. Don't worry about it
Pheebs1201
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
While the general rule is March 31st some take up until early May so dont panic if you dont hear back by then.
livyahh
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I sent it off way before the 15th of January deadline, beginning of December I think. I'm applying to The University of Huddersfield. Thank you for the boost of confidence. I know I should be great full at least I have one offer!
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Delaney)
If you applied by the January deadline the university needs to respond by the 31st of March, otherwise UCAS rejects you on their behalf.
This is complete rubbish; automatic rejection doesn't happen until 6 May. 31 March is merely an aspirational target which means nothing.
Delaney
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Good bloke)
This is complete rubbish; automatic rejection doesn't happen until 6 May. 31 March is merely an aspirational target which means nothing.
My bad, I stand corrected!
Hull_student
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Universities and colleges send decisions at different times if we receive your application by 15 January, you will hear from all your choices by 6 May.

If we receive it after 15 January, or you add choices after 15 January, you will hear back by*19 July. Go to the important dates page on ucas.com for more information.

*- taken from UCAS Track
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (228)
39.31%
No - but I will (40)
6.9%
No - I don't want to (41)
7.07%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (271)
46.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise