Market Gate Accomodation? Watch

DevonSun
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hey

I was looking at going to uwe but got turned off by the high accomodation prices of the student village and the other on campus accomodation. however i looked again and it seems everyone says that marketgate is the best accomodation because of its loacation being close to everything in the city and getting the bus, is easy which dosent really bother me cause i get the bus everyday anyways. But ive tried looking for pictures of the accom at market gate but couldnt find any.

So basically is it a nice accom or is it a bit run down? also whats the travel times by bus from market gate to frenchay?

Fianlly if i put UWE as insurance, does that stop me from getting any accom as id only really go UWE if i got good accom.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!
amy2311
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
hey... i am currently living in marketgate at the moment. It is a bit iffy on some floors, however i am sure after a recent meetings with the manager things are going to change for the better, they are going to in the summer as far as i am aware repaint all the bathrooms that arn't the water tight ones (seen on the upper floors only!) However unite can take ages to sort out maintence... it took them over a week to get someone up to change light bulbs... mind you i was harrassing ALL of the staff in the building as yes the reception staff change sometimes, however it is nice living in the centre however your budget won;t know what hit it!!!, either way it would be best to go to an open day and see marketgate for yourself!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (515)
37.56%
No - but I will (107)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.78%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (656)
47.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed