Your most controversial views? Watch

missygeorgia
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
What are your most controversial views on anything to do with society?
TheSmokeMonster
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
A.k.a. I want to get negged, the thread.

Edit: Point in case
Johnny Christ
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I don't want to crucify Justin Beiber.
lonelykatana
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
eugenics (not to the nazi extent. Just screening unborn, if they have major defects aborting them.)

Whole lotta negging for this!
Circadian_Rhythm
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
For real psychotic chavs: National Service.
Jesse_Mac
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I believe we shouldn't vilify paedophiles/zoophiles as we do and ostracise them from the community. Doing so makes them detatched and hence they have less reason to curb their urges and confide in people. I don't believe they are atracted that way through choice and that it is something they themselves don't want to feel, so we should give them the utmost help to make sure they comply with the law and don't offend.

In case I made it too subtle, I believe paedophilia isn't wrong but acting on it is.
Prangers
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I actually like people from other countries coming to live here.

Especially as most of them work hard and love the country, as opposed to many of the English.
asdfg0987
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
hmm
Anya~
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
pro-death penalty
rockrunride
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I don't really believe in retribution.
Libertinedreamer
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I don't believe in ivf and think if you can't have kids then you shouldn't be helped out. Your falwty genes are weakening the human race!
dnumberwang
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I support the Nationalmannschaft, e.g. at the world cup last year

Always attracts lots of attention from the peasants on facebook.
BeritV
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I believe that everyone should take care of themselves and shouldn't rely on state.
Cinnamon_Twist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I want Nick Clegg to be hung, drawn and quartered.
oh-my-diddy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I really reallly really reaally love chicken burgers.
jamesman13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i want david cameron to start acting more like margaret thatcher and less than blair.
LadyRowena
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Legalise all drugs.
Circadian_Rhythm
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Cinnamon_Twist)
I want Nick Clegg to be hung, drawn and quartered.
Not controversial.
d123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Immigration - I'm very pro-immigration. I don't think having quotas is a good thing, at least, not to the extent that politicians seem to be proposing. I think we should welcome people into our country, if they want to come, particularly when they are escaping persecution but also if they are migrating for economic reasons. Refusing to let people in on the grounds that the country is full doesn't make sense to me, seeing as it isn't - certain areas of certain cities may be overcrowded, but generally, there really is a lot of space. of course we want to preserve the beautiful countryside, but that doesn't mean that we should close our borders to immigrants and refugees.

The prison system - I don't agree with the view that prison is too easy. Generally I think prison should have a much higher emphasis on reform rather than retribution, and if that means giving people 'easier' sentences, free access to education and training, or shifting the emphasis from prison to community service, so be it. I don't think you can justify retribution.
Valindrius
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I suppose some might view the fact that I’m a social libertarian as quite controversial since it would mean legalising many things that people might find emotively ‘immoral.’

However, my primary controversial view is that representative and direct democracy needs to be toned down a tad. I’m of the view that there needs to be equal balance via, for example, an upper house of experts in their respective academic, economic, or professional fields (and other meritorious, rational people) appointed by an independent commission.

I’m sick of policy being decided on short-termist, reactionary, knee-jerking emotion and realtivistic 'my opinion is as valid as yours, despite the fact it has no evidence to support it' stupidity. I hate the sensationalist nature of modern telegenic obsessed politics. I genuinely do believe that the people ‘don’t know what’s good for them’ sometimes. I doubt you’d so readily get proactive legalisation and education on controversial issues of individual liberty today, such as homosexuality and abortion. I want consistency, logic, and planning for the long-term based upon evidence rather than YouGov polls, 'Essex men and women,' and upcoming elections. Of course, I also know that panels of experts acting as a balance to representatives has its own flaws and complexities so I settle for what we have and whine about it instead. :rolleyes:

Edit: I forgot that I want the UN Rights of the Child to be adopted and expanded to include prohibition of state and private teaching of religion to them prior to age 18, unless it is taught as one amongst many in the context of philosophy rather than fact.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.29%
No - but I will (77)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.02%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (486)
48.07%

Watched Threads