English with Drama PCGE Watch

lac1994
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hello all; i am almost set on going to drama school to do a BA (Hons) in Acting. I am in the first year of college and am being encouraged to think about the future a lot. Currently studying A-Levels in;

English Lang/Lit
Drama
Maths
(Business Studies - dropping next year)

I was wondering if doing an acting degree and trying to persue a career in acting would still enable me to study an English with Drama PCGE, which would broaden the chances of getting a teaching postion vastly. Would be degree be adequate for entry onto this course?

Thank you very much for your time;

Luke
evantej
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by lac1994)
Hello all; i am almost set on going to drama school to do a BA (Hons) in Acting. I am in the first year of college and am being encouraged to think about the future a lot. Currently studying A-Levels in;

English Lang/Lit
Drama
Maths
(Business Studies - dropping next year)

I was wondering if doing an acting degree and trying to persue a career in acting would still enable me to study an English with Drama PCGE, which would broaden the chances of getting a teaching postion vastly. Would be degree be adequate for entry onto this course?

Thank you very much for your time;

Luke
Without a joint-honours degree in English or a masters in English, you would not be able to undertake a PGCE, and how you would get onto a masters without a related degree is a problem in itself. Unfortunately (at least from your perspective), they do not care about the drama aspect of the curriculum, but explicitly mention the English requirement.

Of course, by the time you come to consider a PGCE the situation might have completely changed. Nevertheless, I would be wary of following such a narrow programme which, despite its obvious career slant, is not particularly vocational in any meaningful sense.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (564)
37.65%
No - but I will (117)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (108)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (709)
47.33%

Watched Threads