In Year 12, totally hate sixth form, but want to go to uni! Watch

This discussion is closed.
Don Quixote
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I meant to sort my exams out. Some entries are wrong. I was told I wasn't entered for history because I hadn't been to lessons. Can he do that? And I know I shouldn't be scared to ask for a form but I am.
Kalo
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by SiAnY)
I cannot explain to you how much i hate sixth form. I have written it in a previous thread and i don't have the energy to go into detail. I only like 1 subject and that's geography, which is what i will study at uni, if i can last 'til the end of sixth form that is. Mum keeps telling me to leave and get a job but uni is the one thing in my life i am certain i want to do. How can i make sixth form more bearable? Btw it's the people, lack of things to do and unenthusiastic teachers that bug me the most.
This is exactly how I feel. Sixth form sucks!!!! :mad:
Geogger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Don Quixote)
I meant to sort my exams out. Some entries are wrong. I was told I wasn't entered for history because I hadn't been to lessons. Can he do that? And I know I shouldn't be scared to ask for a form but I am.
Go in and sort it out!
Nothings worse than not really knowing whether you are entered or not... at least phone up the exams secretary , give him/her your candidate number and ask whether you can come in and sort out the problem. Once you've made an appointment, its easier to force yourself to go in for that.
Once you've been through the doors... its amazing how much easier it is to go back the next day to do something else... your college ought to have a counsellor - p'raps they can help you sort things out - they're not just there for health problems!
Pencil
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Don Quixote)
I'm kinda in the same boat. I'm very anxious about most social situations for some reason. I can't remember if its always been like that, but it seems so. I haven't had a full week in college for a long time and haven't been in for about 2-3 weeks. I've just let my teachers down and classmates who think I'm so great but actually I'm shattered and I can't tell anyone why. My exams are wrong, but I've not sorted them. If I go in tomorrow, can I sort it or should I just quit now? My grades fell badly too...I didn't apply to Uni as I wasn't in when it was done and was too scared to go and ask for a form.
It sounds to me like you need to have nice long chat with your Head of Department. Explain everything to him. He won't tell you off, he will probably sympathise with you and sort out your problems. It's not too late! You can still apply at university and you can still end up with good grades. Just see him tomorrow and repeat everything you've just said to him.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (386)
67.13%
No (189)
32.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise