Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    im totally bothered by height! i know i shouldnt be, but i much prefer being shorter than my boyfriend! (im 5'3 and 3/4!!! and my bf is 6'4ish!) but im sure that if i was really really in love with a shorter guy, id get over my stupid height thing!
    as for waiting, different couples need diff lengths of time!! (as we've shown so far on this thread!) we waited 4 months, (and two of those months were over the summer holidays when we lived v far apart)
    emmaxx

ReputationRep:
    I like my guy being a lot taller than me (i'm 5ft3", he's 6ft2") but that's just preference really. If we were similiar heights i would probably feel uncomfortable wearing heels and being taller than him. It doesn't really matter what we think though, your boyfriend isn't particularly short and if you find him attractive and really get on with him there shouldn't be a problem.

As for your second question i waited about a month with this boyfriend, but the one before was much longer as he was my first and i didn't know him as well so quickly. You'll know when you feel ready. xx

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5ft 3. Hmm... i'd like the guy to be agood bit taller, it always looks so cute (in my mind anyway) when theres a really small girl with a v. tall guy!!

My dad is the same height as my mum, and VERY insecure about it lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SlyPie)
    (My boyfriend is 6'4"!).
    I can imagine that; you hugging him would be like, your head would reach his waist! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    im the same normally 6 foot lads are the norm for me, current boyfriend is 5"9 or 5"9 and im 5"7 at first i had a BIG issue with it and found it well hard.

But at the end of the day hes the best relationship iv ever had. he trusts me i trust him we dont argue we have a laugh n he respects how college work comes first n that i liek going out with mates etc

basically my point is...... dont be put off, ull get used 2 it its cause its alll different.

And btw i waited around 2 and 1/2 weeks

Me and all my friends have a 2 week rule that any time before this means there likely 2 **** off

ReputationRep:
    my boyfriend is 6"4 and I wouldn't want anyone shorter!!! He's my PLP :p:

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear! Im 5"5 and last girlfriend was 5"9... just would never have worked, its a complex I have! As for sex.. take as long as you need

ReputationRep:
    i'm 5ft 7 i suddenly feel very short

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dekota)
    I can imagine that; you hugging him would be like, your head would reach his waist! :eek:
    haha

No, his knee.

ReputationRep:
    This thread reminds me of a scene from Charlie in the Chocolate factory involving Umpa Lumpas.

The average male is 5"8 Pff ??? More like 5"11/12.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john171)
    This thread reminds me of a scene from Charlie in the Chocolate factory involving Umpa Lumpas.

The average male is 5"8 Pff ??? More like 5"11/12.
    5'8" is average for Germany... 5'9" average for the USA (male)
    http://www.tallpages.com/uk/ukstatist.php

Not sure on UK measurements, but i'd assume they'd be somewhere in the middle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lolls)
    Ok i've just started seeing a guy, thing is i'm 5'9 and he is either the same hieght or an inch or 2 taller...i can't tell cos i'm either wearing one inch heels when i see him or my converse..which probably add another inch! Anyway im usually looking very slighty up at him and when we are sitting down he's always higher than me (if that makes sense). Anyway tht probably makes him 5'10 ? DO you think this is short...especially since im soo tall?? My type is usually really tall dudes and even my friends were suprised when they found out i liked him...but i really fancy this guy and we get on really well.

Also on a totally different note...how long did u wait till you slept your current/previous partner? i've been seeing this guy for 3weeks and i have no intention of jumping into bed with him anytime soon but i was talking about it with my friends..one friend slept with her boyf of 3 years on the 2nd date, another after 6 months another after 3months (all of them were virgins)...i know it totally depends on how close and comfortable you feel with the person ur with...just wondered about everyone else?

5'9 is fine!!! im 5'6" and all my boyfriends have been around 5'10" so its all good. as for waiting? i made him wait for two years - did us no harm, but just do whatever feels right.
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    Height is such a "big" issue to you guys!

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5'5 and my current bf is 5'7. Thing is he slouches an awful lot so I always seem to end up being the same height as him... but hes so lovely so I dont mind. Though I have mentioned it a couple of times so he makes an effort sometimes to stand up straight lol.

As for the waiting; Id say what everyone else is saying; whenever you feel ready. I'm still waiting. Its been only about 6 weeks tho. I dont know if thats long or not!

ReputationRep:
    yeah, as everyone else says, height shouldn't really matter if u really like him, at least he's not shorter than you! marrisa and ryan from the oc are similar height, but i think they still look good together.
    and the second issue, i waited 5 months after going out with my bf but i knew him for 4 months before that. it's really up to you!
    xxxx

ReputationRep:
    Any man under 6 ft is a gimp.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -TMG-)
    Average height is 5'8" for males, 5'5" for females.

As for when you should sleep with him - whenever you feel like it. What did you want to hear?
    It isnt 5'8, maybe it was a while back but it's more like 5'10/11 now.

Im 5'3 so i fall short of the average whatever it may be :P

ReputationRep:
    5'3?

That's hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legbreakgoogly)
    5'3?

That's hilarious.
    You think im joking?

ReputationRep:
    As someone who is 6ft, maybe a shade over, I find it amusing that "men" can be so short and unman like. Ok, let us say 5'8 is an acceptable height, given that Timur was 5'8.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.