Turn on thread page Beta

what is short for guys? Also how long did you wait? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legbreakgoogly)
    As someone who is 6ft, maybe a shade over, I find it amusing that "men" can be so short and unman like. Ok, let us say 5'8 is an acceptable height, given that Timur was 5'8.
    Yeah i guess, well i have growing to do

I still dont see how it's amusing nor do i see how it makes me any lesser male because im short.

ReputationRep:
    You gave me - rep. That's cold esse.

ReputationRep:
    You gave me - rep. That's cold esse.
    lol no i didnt, i dont care you think im less of a male than you because you're 6 ft

ReputationRep:
    Oh, well some clownass hated on me.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, well some clownass hated on me.
    Well that's hardly surprising since you're close to insulting me because im short..

ReputationRep:
    As someone who is 6ft, maybe a shade over, I find it amusing that "men" can be so short and unman like. Ok, let us say 5'8 is an acceptable height, given that Timur was 5'8.
    Hitler was 5'8 too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristogeiton)

It's not the size that matters but how you use it
    Trust a bloke to say that

As for how long it depends really, my first time I only waited 13 days, I really liked him though, the others depends on how you look at it but it was longer than the with the first guy. You will know when you feel ready,don't rush it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bambi)
    Trust a bloke to say that
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lolls)
    Ok i've just started seeing a guy, thing is i'm 5'9 and he is either the same hieght or an inch or 2 taller...i can't tell cos i'm either wearing one inch heels when i see him or my converse..which probably add another inch! Anyway im usually looking very slighty up at him and when we are sitting down he's always higher than me (if that makes sense). Anyway tht probably makes him 5'10 ? DO you think this is short...especially since im soo tall?? My type is usually really tall dudes and even my friends were suprised when they found out i liked him...but i really fancy this guy and we get on really well.

Also on a totally different note...how long did u wait till you slept your current/previous partner? i've been seeing this guy for 3weeks and i have no intention of jumping into bed with him anytime soon but i was talking about it with my friends..one friend slept with her boyf of 3 years on the 2nd date, another after 6 months another after 3months (all of them were virgins)...i know it totally depends on how close and comfortable you feel with the person ur with...just wondered about everyone else?
    What is this, a relationship or an exercise in pleasing your friends?!

Answers:
    1. He's about average height, maybe a bit shorter, but since you say you really fancy him then clearly it's a physical characteristic of little importance.
    2. There is no average, in that everyone is so totally different that even if one was taken it wouldn't be worth looking at. Whenever you feel horny/trust him/love him/want to stay with him for aaages/are married, depending on your moral perspective.

I'd suggest you took on the attitude of not really caring what your friends' reactions are to things like this, you'll be a lot happier for it.

Cxx

ReputationRep:
    umpa lumpa dupadoo do ive got a perfect puzzle for you
    umpa lumpa dupadee if you are wise you'll listen to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lolls)
    Ok i've just started seeing a guy, thing is i'm 5'9 and he is either the same hieght or an inch or 2 taller...i can't tell cos i'm either wearing one inch heels when i see him or my converse..which probably add another inch! Anyway im usually looking very slighty up at him and when we are sitting down he's always higher than me (if that makes sense). Anyway tht probably makes him 5'10 ? DO you think this is short...especially since im soo tall?? My type is usually really tall dudes and even my friends were suprised when they found out i liked him...but i really fancy this guy and we get on really well.

Also on a totally different note...how long did u wait till you slept your current/previous partner? i've been seeing this guy for 3weeks and i have no intention of jumping into bed with him anytime soon but i was talking about it with my friends..one friend slept with her boyf of 3 years on the 2nd date, another after 6 months another after 3months (all of them were virgins)...i know it totally depends on how close and comfortable you feel with the person ur with...just wondered about everyone else?
    I know i'm only a year older than you, but how on earth do you know what your "type" is at only 16? Besides, what difference does it make how tall someone is (am not bitter btw, am 6'2") if you like them?
    height shouldn't be a deciding factor... obviously if the person is only a 2ft dwarf, then that can be difficult! but at 5'10", that's no big problem, how old is he? he may not have finished growing yet!

And in response to your second question... you should only sleep with someone when you're ready... me and my girlfriend of just over 2years, didn't sleep together until after we'd been together for 2months... but that's because we wanted to wait a bit longer, but my friend didn't sleep with her boyfriend until fairly recently and they've been together for 9 months... so, it's when you're ready!... Sorry if i've just repeated what everyone else has said, but hope it helps!

ReputationRep:
    I'm only 5 foot and my bf is 6' 4" but we manage fine I wouldn't worry too much about the height thing, all that matters is that you like him

Me and my bf were together for about 6 months before we had sex but at the time we were both 16 and virgins so that might have played a part in that, just do it when you're ready and feel comfortable

ReputationRep:
    i'm 5' 6" and almost all the people i know are 6' +

ReputationRep:
    I'm bout 5' 9" but appear far shorter as I slouch terribly. I'm not particularly bothered about my height, or how tall a girl is, and if a girl is tht bothered by my height tht she wudnt want 2 go out with me, then I wonder if I wud actually want 2 go out with her nehow.

ReputationRep:
    Pfff, what n00b neg repped me for singing the umpa lumpa song?

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend's near on 6ft tall. And I'm 5ft2. It's quite amusing.

As for the second part of the question, I'm gonna go with the whenever you're ready answer. Me and my boyfriend have been together 8 months and haven't done 'it' yet. We're in no rush to either.

ReputationRep:
    as long as he's taller than me, thats my rule! Tel can rest his chin on my head!

And we waited 3 weeks, maybe a bit less. (had already done everything but actual penetration before 2 weeks was up tho!)

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5'6 and my bf is 6'3 last bf was 6'0.

First boyfriend (ever, in all ways) I waited 18 months (we were together 3 years so...), current 3 days (I had been best friends with him for four years though!!)

ReputationRep:
    I'm just under 5'6" so I like guys who are 5'10" or over so I can wear heels when I'm with them. But I've liked guys who were shorter than that, just not shorter than me!

As for sex, I've only had sex with one guy (my ex) and we waited just over 3 months. I probably wouldn't wait as long with a new partner now.

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather go out with a short guy than one who was "a shade over" 6ft but a complete arse.

I also once served a guy in a pub once and we got chatting. For some reason we mentioned height and he made some kind of comment about being only 5'2". I didn't believe him and had to go round the front of the bar and stand next to him before I realised he really was 5'2". If you happen to be a short guy, just be confident and happy with yourself and it will actually take people a while to notice.

Also, don't forget that some guys don't finish growing until their early twenties. My ex is 21 and just over 5'10" but I'm sure he was a little bit shorter when we were together.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.