close + delete pls Watch

mangoh
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Thread has been answered & thanks for your help.

Forum staff ---> Could you please close & delete this thread as I feel it doesn't help me nor anyone else using the search box.
Illusionary
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You can sync multiple devices to one version of iTunes, yes, and in legal terms this should be fine. This page is quite good as an explanation: http://www.everythingicafe.com/quick...ts/2010/03/25/
Illusionary
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by mangoh)
wot bout home sharing?
Not something that I've ever tried, sorry. Have you tried reading this? http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3819
should be revising
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Isn't it possible to simply copy the file on to a memory stick from his laptop then plug it into your computer and add it to your library?

:dontknow:
Illusionary
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by should be revising)
Isn't it possible to simply copy the file on to a memory stick from his laptop then plug it into your computer and add it to your library?

:dontknow:
:no: I think the way that apps work is that they're tied to the iTunes account with DRM, so it wouldn't be that straightforward.
Beleg Cuthalion
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yeah, you could just copy it with something. I'd say home sharing as suggested above would be easiest. Just make sure it's turned on on both computers under preferences.. It's legal if you're using the same account (not that it would work otherwise).
Beleg Cuthalion
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
oh my mum has an itunes account
my brother has an itunes account

can't we just both use homeshare, so my brother logs into his account on his laptop + my mum logs onto her computer.

Then transfer each other apps, cuz my brother would be able to see what files my mum has, my mum would be able to see what files my brother has.

Transfer my brother files to my mums computer.

legal?
I don't think that would work, but you could log onto your brother's account on the other computer. Each account can be authorized on up to five different computers.
Beleg Cuthalion
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
what exactly does this mean?
I don't know if you're using you're brother's account or your mom's, but if it's your brother's then it will work fine. If you are unsure about how to use home sharing, consult the apple website.

If it is your mom's account you are using, sign in instead with your brother's account if it is ok with him and then home sharing will work. An account can be used on up to five different computers, so if he only uses it on his, you're fine.
Beleg Cuthalion
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i'm asking would my brother be able to transfer his apps (that he bought) onto my mum's computer through home sharing (so she can transfer them from her computer onto her phone)
Yes, if you're using the same account.
aleathiel
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Beleg Cuthalion)
Yes, if you're using the same account.
I'm pretty sure this is the right answer.
member159703
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Just authorise your computer with his itunes account and then copy the file form his computer to yours and add it to itunes. You can find out how to do all of the above using google. Could use home sharing but it will be longer as you will need to deauthorise your computer from your account then authorise it with his.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (307)
37.48%
No - but I will (62)
7.57%
No - I don't want to (61)
7.45%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (389)
47.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise