Friends never invite me anywhere Watch

sassy123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hi

my friend never invites me anywhere anymore.Me and my best friend use to all ways hang out at weekends and go out and stuff but since i left school she has joined with the two other girls who i was also friends with however i get the inpression the other girl is not very fond of me despite us being very good friends when at school. I have made friends in my college class but i dont have many girls in it so i can hardly go shopping with lads can i.
I was going to ask her to meet up with me over the half term but i dont think she will as she will most likley make up an excuse and go out with the other two girls one of them who is really annoying me at the moment.

has/does this happen to anyone on here?
What is the best way to deal with this?
Lewroll
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Get new friends :dontknow:
supernova92
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yeah, i pretty much gave up, it's not worth it getting all stressed / upset about it. As easy as it sounds :rolleyes: try and meet new friends/ deepen friendships with people you already talk to, there must be SOME girls there.. Also instead of thinking "oh she won't be free" , actually ask her and see
sassy123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lewroll)
Get new friends :dontknow:
Lol i dont go anywhere to meet new friends besides college and my class has lots of boys so this would ber hard and i do not wish to join clubs or anything like that.

I want advice on how to approch my best friend on the reason why we have not met up for about 6 months.x
Lewroll
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by sassy123)
Lol i dont go anywhere to meet new friends besides college and my class has lots of boys so this would ber hard and i do not wish to join clubs or anything like that.

I want advice on how to approch my best friend on the reason why we have not met up for about 6 months.x
I will be your friend

The best thing to do is just sit them down somewhere and ask them. No point in bottling these things up. Just tell them how you feel, man.
brookelynie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I used to feel similar to this- but it was my group of friends who sort of left me out or didnt invite me places. First i got really annoyed and then wondered if i should just try to live with it. At this time a got a boyfriend and he was really cool to spend time with just cos he actually wanted to spend time with me- i obviously stayed friends with my mates but didnt entirely depend on them when i wanted to go out or be social. Anyway now i feel much more a part of the group and get invited everywhere just because i sort of cooled down about it and stopped worrying cos i could see my bf instead that now my social life with them is awesome. I dunno if what i'm saying is helpful but maybe you should try to chat to the guys in ur class (not to get with them) but just to try and may be get some different friends. you'll probably find that as soon as you dont rely on them that it'll be easier. If they are genuine friends maybe explaining how you feel will help or just invite out the one friend and talk to her. TBH your probably better without them if they don't treat you right.
hope that helps xx
BeritV
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
This is the kind of thing that happens to all girls.

If she is making up excuses not to meet you, she is not worth your attention at all. Just get new friends.
sassy123
Rep:
?
(Original post by brookelynie)
I used to feel similar to this- but it was my group of friends who sort of left me out or didnt invite me places. First i got really annoyed and then wondered if i should just try to live with it. At this time a got a boyfriend and he was really cool to spend time with just cos he actually wanted to spend time with me- i obviously stayed friends with my mates but didnt entirely depend on them when i wanted to go out or be social. Anyway now i feel much more a part of the group and get invited everywhere just because i sort of cooled down about it and stopped worrying cos i could see my bf instead that now my social life with them is awesome. I dunno if what i'm saying is helpful but maybe you should try to chat to the guys in ur class (not to get with them) but just to try and may be get some different friends. you'll probably find that as soon as you dont rely on them that it'll be easier. If they are genuine friends maybe explaining how you feel will help or just invite out the one friend and talk to her. TBH your probably better without them if they don't treat you right.
hope that helps xx

Thankyou for the reply,Half of the reason i dont meet up with them is beucase the girl who organises the outings is the girl who does not like me much.And my best mate got a bf and she is the type to bend over backwards to please them.x I dont have a bf at the moment becuase i am a little fussy.
Mick Travis
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I've experienced this at various times. It's a horrible feeling when you're part of a social group and you get the feeling that people are planning things without you/rather you weren't around. You can either do a)Try to impress them more so that they like you and want you around or you can do b) find another set of friends who actually like you.

From personal experience I would suggest b.
PortiaLovesMcqueen
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Mick Travis)
I've experienced this at various times. It's a horrible feeling when you're part of a social group and you get the feeling that people are planning things without you/rather you weren't around. You can either do a)Try to impress them more so that they like you and want you around or you can do b) find another set of friends who actually like you.

From personal experience I would suggest b.
You can't go giving advice with all your fake facebook accounts.

http://s3prod.weheartit.netdna-cdn.c...png?1293906545
brookelynie
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by sassy123)
I dont have a bf at the moment becuase i am a little fussy.
You don't need to have a bf thought for me he was the way to sort of detach myself and feel like i at least had someone who wanted to spend time with me. Organise something of your own just with the best friend- ring her put her on the spot and talk to her if you can- if not try to move on i'm sure theres other people who deserve your company much more than they do!!!
Mick Travis
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by PortiaLovesMcqueen)
You can't go giving advice with all your fake facebook accounts.

http://s3prod.weheartit.netdna-cdn.c...png?1293906545
Why? I wanted to see what all the fuss was about with facebook, so I registered on there. However I'm quite private so I didn't want to give my real name. Is that so bad?
PortiaLovesMcqueen
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Mick Travis)
Why? I wanted to see what all the fuss was about with facebook, so I registered on there. However I'm quite private so I didn't want to give my real name. Is that so bad?
Can I ask you a few questions.

1. Why do you feel the need to create fake profiles ?
2. Do you feel comfortable communicating with people using various facebook profiles and names pretending to be someone who doesn't exist :s ?
3. Who are your actual in my real life friends? how do they feel about what you're doing ?
Mick Travis
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by PortiaLovesMcqueen)
Can I ask you a few questions.

1. Why do you feel the need to create fake profiles ?
2. Do you feel comfortable communicating with people using various facebook profiles and names pretending to be someone who doesn't exist :s ?
3. Who are your actual in my real life friends? how do they feel about what you're doing ?
I think I've already answered question 1. To be honest I forgot I had already created a facebook account when I created a second one. I admit I did use that to try and look up people I used to know to see whether they had facebook accounts - but I wanted to make sure I could do it anonymously. In answer to question 2, I haven't accepted any friend requests, although I have joined the odd group. As for 3, I don't have a great social circle, although I am trying to improve it. I haven't told anyone about my multiple profiles on facebook. Those 2 anonymous profiles were created a long time ago and I hardly ever use them.
joestevens2092
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Are you one of those people that people initially asked out but you always declined? If so, you get what you deserve.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (368)
37.28%
No - but I will (74)
7.5%
No - I don't want to (69)
6.99%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (476)
48.23%

Watched Threads