Cleansing wipes for extremely sensitive skin? Watch

rainbowfluff
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Can anyone please recommend me a cleansing wipe that's suitable for v sensitive skin? Sometimes I need to use wipes rather than using cleanser and mouisturiser for when I'm pushed for time or at festivals etc.

Even Simple cleansing wipes are too harsh for me, they strip my skin and leave dry patches ;( I use the body shop aloe vera moisuriser, but they don't do cleansing wipes unfortunately, as aloe vera really seems to suit my skin.
Sabrinified
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Simple is very very harsh, it totally dries skin out >.<

Try anything aimed at babies. Johnson and Johnson must make something of the like.
Or better still, sometimes Boots do own-brand products. They're a chemist, so their products are often much more effective, less harsh and less pricey than the brands.
Their Witch Hazel/Tea Tree stuff is reaaaaallly good.
bognor-regis
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hey, when I had extremely sensitive skin for a period, my doctor simply told me to not wash my face at all. Just leave it alone. Do you have oily or dry skin? And is it acne related?
ApplePi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by rainbowfluff)
Can anyone please recommend me a cleansing wipe that's suitable for v sensitive skin? Sometimes I need to use wipes rather than using cleanser and mouisturiser for when I'm pushed for time or at festivals etc.

Even Simple cleansing wipes are too harsh for me, they strip my skin and leave dry patches ;( I use the body shop aloe vera moisuriser, but they don't do cleansing wipes unfortunately, as aloe vera really seems to suit my skin.
Eucerin is a great brand for dry skin, although it is quite expensive. I have dry sensitive skin and eczema but Eucerin helps a lot and I'd definitely recommend it
charcharchar
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Johnsons make quality ones, i have oily skin and theyre proper good
BlueTypeOfLou
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Liz Earle is incredible for sensitive skin, although they don't do cleansing wipes. The cleanse and polish face wash is amazing, I used to get eczema on my face but since using that I don't any more. The only thing is it is quite expensive however it lasts for ages as you barely have to use anything.
rainbowfluff
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by ApplePi)
Eucerin is a great brand for dry skin, although it is quite expensive. I have dry sensitive skin and eczema but Eucerin helps a lot and I'd definitely recommend it

Thanks, I'll give them a try. I don't suffer from eczema, but did as a child, and my skin is extremely dry. I've never had spots at all though, which is a good thing. But I'm starting to notice some fine lines, so really looking to find something less harsh.

Can you use the wipes to remove eye makeup too, or would I need a separate remover? Thanks for the advice
AshleighB
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Rodial do facial cleansing wipes that are great for even the most delicate skin, as they are extremely gentle and do not contain the usual chemicals found in facial wipes. They are a little more expensive than the normal Simple/Nivea ones though, but worth it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (214)
39.12%
No - but I will (38)
6.95%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.58%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (259)
47.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise