Will there be an islamic revolution? Watch

m.ameera
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
ok guys, we've seen how the egyptians successfully brought mubarak down and at the same time theres also a lot of protesting goin around the middle east countries; tunisia, bahrain, algeria etc.....although it may not seem like it has nothing to do with religion, just politics...i feel like the world is coming to an end or something cause muslims are finally taking a stance for their rights....after this, what next?

was just wondering could there be an islamic revolution perhaps in the near future where the world is like coming to an end???

this is probably a really stupid question but just give me some feedback about this matter:confused:
Rocket_Science
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
^+1

The answer is no.

/thread.
m.ameera
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
guys..i know its a bit tedious but im just wondering..if you guys can be bother than dont bother reading it then!
sherlllll
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
God willing, yes, if only to overthrow the corrupt governments in place in these countries.
jakemittle
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by m.ameera)
ok guys, we've seen how the egyptians successfully brought mubarak down and at the same time theres also a lot of protesting goin around the middle east countries; tunisia, bahrain, algeria etc.....although it may not seem like it has nothing to do with religion, just politics...i feel like the world is coming to an end or something cause muslims are finally taking a stance for their rights....after this, what next?

was just wondering could there be an islamic revolution perhaps in the near future where the world is like coming to an end???

this is probably a really stupid question but just give me some feedback about this matter:confused:

Explain please..
morecambebay
Badges: 16
Report 8 years ago
What?
Martyn*
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I don't get it.
Aj12
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by m.ameera)

None of these protests are Islamic in nature. They tend to be secular leaderless and made u mostly of the young.
oxy402
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
What is wrong with Muslims speaking up for their rights???explain yourself.

And as far as an Islamic revolution is concerned i would say that it depends on how organized religious or clerical organizations are in a country and how politicized they are. Any analysis on the issue can't be a one size fits all jacket since the nature of the protests vary in all said countries.
adam_zed
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by oxy402)
What is wrong with Muslims speaking up for their rights???explain yourself.

And as far as an Islamic revolution is concerned i would say that it depends on how organized religious or clerical organizations are in a country and how politicized they are. Any analysis on the issue can't be a one size fits all jacket since the nature of the protests vary in all said countries.
Haha I love that quote in your sig. It just shows how blatant propaganda victory he whole "war on terror" thing was. I think it doesnt bode welll for us in the western world that many of us fell for such a primitive and obvious use of bs.
HumanNature1992
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
braap Muslims
Dumb Economist
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The King /Govt - has kept people poor - while Priests / Imans have kept people stupid. So it is question of time - the game will be up and people will stand up. It happened in Tunisia, Egypt and would continue in other place - even to North Korea. Good for common man I say.
ForeverIsMyName
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
One step forward, 2 steps back.
Mujeriego
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Calling these protests an Islamic revolution is an underhanded tactic to justify an oppressive regime that denies Muslims their basic human rights.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (467)
38.03%
No - but I will (95)
7.74%
No - I don't want to (87)
7.08%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (579)
47.15%

Watched Threads