University of Liverpool Accommodation Thread Watch

Ieuan123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello,

I have 2 rooms available to rent at a house in Wavertree, Liverpool. These rooms can be rented ASAP or from the start of next semester (January).
The house is 5 bedroom, mixed sex and the other 3 tenants already live here.

Details:
Two bathrooms, two fridges, 1 freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble drier, dining room table, TV with freeview, double bedrooms, backgarden with BBQ and benches .

Rent is £69 per week with all bills included (heating, water, electricity, internet). The landlord is great and housemates are a brilliant laugh and very friendly, 2 of us are looking to move out because we want to commute from home to save money because our university contact hours are so low.

Post code L158HY, 15-20 minute cycle or 10-15 mins bus ride (buses every 5 minutes). Nice area with plenty of local pubs, bars and cafes. Very close to Tesco express and Coop, walking distance to Asda and Aldi (Smithdown).

You can be from any university or don't even need to be a student!
Message me for further information if you are interested or let your friends know, thanks!
CharlieWright1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thinking about which halls to apply for. Which would people most recommend for a full on course like medicine? I was thinking Vine Court but have heard it's not very lively any help appreciated!
lemonandlime1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think I want to firm Liverpool and was looking into the accommodation.

Would you say it's better to be away from campus (in the student villages) to be more social and I'm worried the on campus accommodation will be very quiet and I won't get to meet many people.
Preferably I want an ensuite room (self catered or catered not really bothered)

The places I have looked at are:
Crown Place
Philharmonic Court

Carnatic:
-any? Not sure which Ines are best or anything

Greenbank:
-derby and rathbone (heard this is new for 2017 but unsure whether it's self catered or catered or even ensuite)
-roscoe and Gladstone
RoyaLL
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Alright lads, just got my offer for a room at crown place which was my 1st choice due to the convience of being on-campus and the modern/clean look about the place. I know how popular it is, but Im having some major doubts about accepting my offer.

So I've done some research, and heard loads of crap about the RA's, strictly enforced rules and a general antisocial atmosphere from the managment and type of people who tend to live there. This bothers me as a big part of what I wanna get out of uni, especially year 1, is some sound mates/nights out etc. Is it as bad as some reviews and comments make out?

Ive been considering reapplying for maybe Melville Grove or similar, would I be stupid giving up my spot for that? (I only live 30 mins away from lime street via train, so *could* live at home if worst came to worst)

...also for the love of god, someone write something I can show my mum so she'll stop thinking Ill get shanked on every ****ing corner 🙄

Cheers :*
Jonerez
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I lived in Dale on Carnatic in 1st year (2011) and then Smithdown for my final two years. Carnatic has personality but it's a bit far out. I would go for Vine Court.

Good Luck in your years at university. I had an amazing time and always look back fondly; may you do the same!
Edminzodo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by CharlieWright1)
Thinking about which halls to apply for. Which would people most recommend for a full on course like medicine? I was thinking Vine Court but have heard it's not very lively any help appreciated!
I think as Medicine is such a structured course it would be nice to be catered, but it's entirely up to you! I would generally recommend Melville Grove, which is rather underrated.
sloths
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by CharlieWright1)
I stayed in vine and there are probably more lively halls like carnatic but I had a good time, uni is what you make of it. As another poster said you may benefit from the catering at vine as I know my medic flatmates would always grab breakfast before their 9ams every day.

I'd say try and get any on campus accommodation. Crown place is a good spot as its in the middle of campus close to where your lectures will be, but melville, vine and philharmonic are also on campus.
KBSc
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I currently live in Melville Grove, with a few of my friends living at Crown.
Crown is more like a flat and more expensive but does have an ensuite whilst being nearer to some schools (Central/North campus, mostly BSc/BEng/Medicine). Melville is more like houses (if you haven't been around) usually a three story house you share with 6 other people with 2 bathrooms per house and being closer to schools based on south campus (mostly BA courses).
I wouldn't commute, less opportunity to make friends/go out with said friends etc.

Anything you want to know, just ask!
Rachaiec
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I really hope that's not true, i've also applied to live here next year (hoping to study law) the main attraction for me was the ensuite as opposed to sharing.
hsap
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, I'm a current student here living at Carnatic, with a few friends living in on-campus halls and almost on-campus private halls.
In terms of the social aspect, I would really recommend living in one of the student villages. I'm in Carnatic, and there are lots of us living on each floor with shared toilets, showers and kitchen. None of the Carnatic halls are ensuite, and nor is the accomodation at Greenbank (although I think the new hall will have all ensuite rooms). Tbh, everybody seems to want an ensuite room, but I wouldn't recommend it. Ensuite rooms are more expensive and it isn't really worth it. You probably don'y have an ensuite at home, and you almost definitely won't have one in 2nd year onwards. Also, university halls with shared bathrooms provide a cleaner every weekday so your toilets, showers and kitchens are always clean anyway. All Carnatic halls are catered, the food is ok, nothing special, you get bored of it after a while but it's not horrible or anything. If you do choose Carnatic, I'd recommend McNair or Salisbury as they're closest to the bus stop (you will appreciate this when you're here), as well as to the canteen, bar, laundry and SHAC (student health centre), and they also have sinks in each room (a couple of the halls don't have these).
On-campus halls and private halls close to the uni are really expensive for what you get, I'd suggest only going for these if you absolutely cannot bear the though of a 20 minute bus journey to and from uni every day.
Lemily97
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I've just been offered a place at Liverpool Uni and was wondering if anyone knows which accommodation has the best social life?

I know Carnaric is supposed to be the 'party halls' but I would prefer self-catered and maybe an ensuite too.

Do you know what crown place, vine court, melville grove and philharmonic court are like? And any other self catered you can think of?
lemilye
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
KBSc which is more sociable in your opinion? Are they much less social than carnatic?
KBSc
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by lemilye)
KBSc which is more sociable in your opinion? Are they much less social than carnatic?
I'm not sure which is more sociable between them but they are both **** in comparison to Carnatic, they provide better standard of living though and are both cheaper, so it's just what you value more.
jessbrighton1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Could anyone help me out giving me recommendations for accommodation? I don't want to be spending too much as I'm getting little help from my parents, but I don't want to miss out during freshers etc. I'm pretty sure I'd go for self-catering although I haven't looked into catered that much.
Only accommodation I've viewed is Crown Place, I looked at the reviews for student village etc and it's got really bad reviews! But I don't want to rely on one website. Are there any accommodation that you definitely wouldn't recommend I go for??

Also how much does it cost on average to live, excluding accommodation?

Thank you in advance!
EuropaLiverpool
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi ,

Have you considered moving slightly outside of the City Center but within walking distance to everything you need?.
If so we have the perfect self catering en suite flats for rent at Europa ( please check out our reviews ). We are having an open day on Thursday 23rd March from 10am which you are more than welcome to come along to with yourself and your friends.
We try to put as many events on as possible and the site atmosphere is very much like a small freindly community. A home away from home.
I have attached a few pictures of a Bronze suite just to give you an idea of what to expect but if you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact a member of our team.

Have a great day

Clare

Tel: 0151 260 5672 Mobile: 07545 204 522

Fresh Student Living, Europa,

190 Erskine Street, Livrepool, L6 1AH
Attached files
reynolds11
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i'm trying to figure out the best accommodation for social life etc and thinking between vine, crown & philharmonic. let me know which one you go for!!!
EuropaLiverpool
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Europa
Samiz
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I've heard about a lot of people not getting their first preferences due to how competitive Crown Place and Vine Court are. I'm worried that'll happen to me as I've put Crown Place as my 1st and 2nd preference, and Vine Court as my 3rd preference.

I do have an unconditional offer though so does that give me more chance of getting into the accommodation I want, or would that not make a difference?
francesthean
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just a bit curious
Marc575
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't believe that accommodation decisions are released until after places have been confirmed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Liverpool
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
    Sat, 22 Jun '19
    Sat, 21 Sep '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (449)
18.96%
The paper was reasonable (1105)
46.66%
Not feeling great about that exam... (520)
21.96%
It was TERRIBLE (294)
12.42%

Watched Threads