The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Accommodation Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by swithers1
just made liverpool my firm!!! where's everyone putting as their accom?

:wink:
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 81
Original post by swift2
:wink:

By this wink does this mean yes? Also, does anyone reckon I'll get bullied in the halls for playing sims on my laptop? :/
Reply 82
yeahh! sorry slight typo was meant to be a smiley face.. what am i like! and ermm no comment but i'd keep your laptop in your room just in case!
Reply 83
Original post by swift2
yeahh! sorry slight typo was meant to be a smiley face.. what am i like! and ermm no comment but i'd keep your laptop in your room just in case!

Ohh right hahahahaha I was like WOW WINK!!!! Hahahaha!!!!! Yeah fair enough. Might just play it cool with the housemates and stick to solitaire. X
Reply 84
Just filled out my accommodation form...

1. Prospect Point
2. DB Self catered ensuite
3. Philharmonic Court self catered

All applications are processed when the offer becomes unconditional so I should receive mine back pretty soon :biggrin:
Reply 85
1. Derby and Rathbone SC en-suite
2. Derby and Rathbone SC
3. Propsect Point
:smile:
do u know how they choose the order...first come first serve? i know that they prioritize unconditionals and gap year people but how do they deal with the condiitonals?
Reply 87
Nobody applied to McNair ?

All by myself....dont wanna be...all by myself...
1. Prospect Point
2. D&R Catered
3. R&G Catered
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 89
Original post by rosheeeny
1. Derby and Rathbone SC en-suite
2. Derby and Rathbone SC
3. Propsect Point
:smile:

snap!
Reply 90
can anyone help me out :smile: i've firmed liverpool today and i'm stuck on accomodation

everyone on here seems keen on prospect point, why's that? does anyone reckon it'd be a dodgy walk past the hospital at night etc. my course is quite intense so i would like something onsite so i could go to my flat at lunch if i need too, but i really want ensuite/self catered so i don't have many choices

do you think it'd be too late to get a decent choice now? i had my interview on the 23rd and just got my offer, so i'm still waiting for the accomodation form

is anyone worried about the bus service form off site campus's? someone said that derby and rathbone, where i'd be more inclined to go, has it's own service in the mornings so it's easy to get a bus, but then i read on other threads that it's the same bus which means the one from carnatic sometimes has to go straight past greenbank and you could be waiting ages. i'm not a massive partier but definately want to make good friends outside my course

ahhh what a hard decision :P please help!

i wish liverpool had onsite campus,self catered and ensuite that was popular with first year undergraduates :P
Reply 91
prospect point
philharmonic court
melville grove

really hope i get prospect point
Reply 92
Everyone seems to be going for Prospect Point...gah I'm confused.

At first I was under the impression you should really go off campus...

Need to sort it out tomorrow ideally. Was going to go for D&R s/c, e/s ideally but was told today apparently that has loads of international students.

Don't know who/what to believe!
Reply 93
Original post by Ben1421

Need to sort it out tomorrow ideally. Was going to go for D&R s/c, e/s ideally but was told today apparently that has loads of international students.

I was under that impression at first too, I went for prospect point in the end though with D&R s/c second choice (can't be bothered with getting buses). I thought international students were often placed at the on campus ones e.g. melville grove
Reply 94
everyones going for prospect point because its on campus and has a self-catering ensuite- i dont really want to go to d&r because its so far away from the uni and i would have to get a bus everyday too :/ is liverpool accomodation first come first serve for the conditional people?

what i really want is a self-catered ensuite on campus but only prospect point gives me that- fingers cross for first choice! x
Reply 95
1 - Prospect Point
2 - D&R Self Catered Ensuite
3 - D&R Catered Ensuite

so excited!
Reply 96
is it first come first serve for conditional offers or not?
Reply 97
In the end I just decided to play it safe. Even though I initially wanted self catered, en suite, I thought I'd just go for somewhere without any risk of it being poor socially. I see it more about the people as opposed to the actual accommodation I suppose. Thrown in what was going to be my first choice as my second choice just for some variation...

1 - Dale Hall (catered)
2 - D&R (self catered, en-suite)
3 - Lady Mountford House (catered)
Original post by Ben1421

Original post by alice412
I was under that impression at first too, I went for prospect point in the end though with D&R s/c second choice (can't be bothered with getting buses). I thought international students were often placed at the on campus ones e.g. melville grove

Yeah, I think a lot of international students were placed at the on-campus ones. But there are also quite a lot at Carnatic and Greenbank. It is just first come first serve really. Plus, what's wrong with international students? I found them really friendly and I'm glad I got the chance to know them and their culture during my days in Carnatic! :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 99
Original post by Calro_123
everyones going for prospect point because its on campus and has a self-catering ensuite- i dont really want to go to d&r because its so far away from the uni and i would have to get a bus everyday too :/ is liverpool accomodation first come first serve for the conditional people?

The bus isn't that bad you know, only takes about 15-20 mins to get up to the halls, and in my time living up Smithdown, I only had to wait a couple of times.

Original post by Calro_123
what i really want is a self-catered ensuite on campus but only prospect point gives me that- fingers cross for first choice! x

They assign it once your offer is confirmed (ie results day), so people who meet the firm choice will get preference (as their offer is generally confirmed quicker than insurance). Then insurance people, once confirmed, and then finally those through clearing.

So for all intents and purposes, it is FCFS. Prospect point may do it differently, as it's not owned by the Uni.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending