University of Derby accommodation problems Watch

TomMaccyD
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hello, new to the forums.
So i got an Unconditional from Derby and I'm accepted it, next step was to start doing my accommodation application for halls.
I did a application and paid the booking fee but i have not received a message to confirm the application was made. On top of that sometimes a different application page appears when i try to log in, completely different from the one that i made my initial application on, so now I'm really confused.
Can anyone offer some advice please, much appreciated
ryanbridgwood
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hi Tom,

I have sorted my application and have received an offer back.

You don't get email confirmation that your application has gone through. (This confused me so I rang up and confirmed). You do however get email confirmation that your booking fee has been paid and you should get that through email straight away.

I treks to see if I could apply again after I sent my application and it wouldn't let me, so I assume that age is saying you can only apply once, meaning your first application has more than likely gone through

Hope that helps.
TomMaccyD
Rep:
?
Cheers for the quick response, i got an email about the payment going through.
I can relax now thanks
ryanbridgwood
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by TomMaccyD)
Cheers for the quick response, i got an email about the payment going through.
I can relax now thanks
No problem

What accommodation did you go for? Standard, ensuite? And where?
TomMaccyD
Rep:
?
1st choice is Princess Alice En-suite
and 2nd choice is Peak Court en suite

How about you?
ryanbridgwood
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by TomMaccyD)
1st choice is Princess Alice En-suite
and 2nd choice is Peak Court en suite

How about you?
I put my first choice down as Sir Peter Hilton, ensuite and second choice Peak Court en suite.

I applied Wednesday evening and got an offer Thursday afternoon for my first choice - very pleased!
Jim_21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
When I went to apply I couldnt pick an accomodation start date until I paid the booking fee. So I did that, got the E-mail and then I can apply, so I finished my application and sent it off. Have not heard anything since! So I just went on to see if i could apply again and nothing has changed. I still cant pick without paying a booking fee and it looks like i can pay another booking fee if i wanted to. Obviously dont want to press confirm incase they take another £230 off me. Help :/
ryanbridgwood
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Jim_21)
When I went to apply I couldnt pick an accomodation start date until I paid the booking fee. So I did that, got the E-mail and then I can apply, so I finished my application and sent it off. Have not heard anything since! So I just went on to see if i could apply again and nothing has changed. I still cant pick without paying a booking fee and it looks like i can pay another booking fee if i wanted to. Obviously dont want to press confirm incase they take another £230 off me. Help :/
Hmm, that's strange. I picked an accommodation date, filled in all of the application, sent that of and then paid the booking fee.

I'd ring up the Student Housing Number tomorrow (01332 594111) and ask what's going on. The last thing you want to be doing is paying another £230 booking fee. Just ring tomorrow and ask what's going on...it might just be a small problem that they can sort out
TomMaccyD
Rep:
?
When you guys applied what did the application screen look like because it seems to change with me sometimes.
The one i filled out was rather short and had drop down menus etc and already had my details contained within it.
The second one i've seen looks a lot more like a form, but contains none of my details when i click on it.
Jim_21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hmmm, Well I did only apply on Thursday evening, Im guessing they are not doing any work over the weekend so Im hoping to hear back tomorrow, If not I will ring up on Tuesday. And the pop out window that appears is werid, I was confused when I first did it so was just clicking on random options, and there was dates from the application process 2004!!! Plus I did notice that the first screen was taking about John University or something!!!! So confused
TomMaccyD
Rep:
?
Yeah i had problems with the pop up window too.
It was missing pieces and others were all over the place with error messages, so i just clicked the buttons and finished it quickly haha
Jim_21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Got my offer, Flat 3, Peak Court
TomMaccyD
Rep:
?
Got my offer for a flat in Princess Alice court
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Derby
    Undergraduate Taster Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 1 May '19
  • University of Derby
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evening - Derby Campus Postgraduate
    Tue, 14 May '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (508)
37.71%
No - but I will (103)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (92)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (644)
47.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise