Victoria halls or the forge? Watch

nikki-jones2009
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
really stuck on deciding on these two now!!! no idea which to apply to!

i like the fact the forge is bigger and has a common room!

arghh hard to choose
Rock_n_Roll
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
what was your choice?

I am still thinking of which to put, i looked through the accommodation about 40 times lol

help me to help you lol

Liam
nikki-jones2009
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rock_n_Roll)
what was your choice?

I am still thinking of which to put, i looked through the accommodation about 40 times lol

help me to help you lol

Liam
Me too! I really want to be somewhere sociable! But it’s hard to decide!
I really like the look of the pinnacles. But i have herd it isn’t very sociable so guess i won’t be going there!

I think I’m swaying towards victoria hall the most now! As it seems very popular...close to West Street...and it’s a lot cheaper than the forge. Plus someone said in the forge they don’t use the common room. So i think i will put down Vic hall!

I’m just waiting for the letter to come now. So i can apply. As i only got my unconditional on Friday .
tish64
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The forge
http://www.studentsay.co.uk/reviews/view/263
http://www.studentsay.co.uk/reviews/view/1269
http://www.studentsay.co.uk/reviews/view/1018
http://www.studentsay.co.uk/reviews/view/323
http://www.studentsay.co.uk/reviews/view/136
http://www.studentsay.co.uk/reviews/view/59
nikki-jones2009
Rep:
?
thanks for that!! i think victoria hall it is!
tish64
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by nikki-jones2009)
thanks for that!! i think victoria hall it is!
It's OK I mean i'm in victoria hall now.. I yesterday discovered that the light on top of my mirror had gone out, and that the hot water had gone. I reported it today and went out to meadowhall, i came back turned my light on and the light was fixed, i went to the bathroom to check the taps and the hot water was back on. I love the fact that everything gets done with no hesitation, but all these reviews i hear about unite depresses me. Therefore i've booked to stay another year here, alongside my second choice of the pinnacles.
nikki-jones2009
Rep:
?
(Original post by tish64)
It's OK I mean i'm in victoria hall now.. I yesterday discovered that the light on top of my mirror had gone out, and that the hot water had gone. I reported it today and went out to meadowhall, i came back turned my light on and the light was fixed, i went to the bathroom to check the taps and the hot water was back on. I love the fact that everything gets done with no hesitation, but all these reviews i hear about unite depresses me. Therefore i've booked to stay another year here, alongside my second choice of the pinnacles.
Ohh i really like the look of the pinnacles! But decided not to apply due to the fact it seems pretty unpopular: / may put it down for my send choice though!!
Can you tell me a bit about victoria halls please! If you know mind
Like how big are the rooms, and kitchen area?
And is it friendly, easy to meet people?

Thank you
sammy9214
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
just to give a contradicting opinion... the forge really isnt as bad as made out!!

I live there now and I've had no real problems because I haven't given them any reason to have a problem with me... just treat the staff as human beings and they will look after you!

And things are only falling apart because people purposely destroy them so why would you bother fixing them??

Honestly unite aren't a rip off unless you act like an idiot... it's actually a nice place to live!
Notts-19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I just reserved a room in the same flat as one of my friends at The Forge today. There's a promotion on, rooms are £91/w for a short period of time, usually £96 so save a fair bit over the long term.
sammy9214
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Notts-19)
I just reserved a room in the same flat as one of my friends at The Forge today. There's a promotion on, rooms are £91/w for a short period of time, usually £96 so save a fair bit over the long term.
that's good are you first year? what block will you be in?

we paid £94 lol... but i'm paying £89 for the forge 2 next year as a discount of re-booking
Notts-19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by sammy9214)
that's good are you first year? what block will you be in?

we paid £94 lol... but i'm paying £89 for the forge 2 next year as a discount of re-booking
Yeah that's what my mates are paying. A block, you?
sammy9214
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yeah that's what my mates are paying. A block, you?
Cool I'm in B atm but will be in M next yr lol
Notts-19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Cool I'm in B atm but will be in M next yr lol
Is The Forge 2 the building the like across the road like next to the road where everyone parks for free? lol
sammy9214
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Is The Forge 2 the building the like across the road like next to the road where everyone parks for free? lol
erm nope the forge 2 is the bit above sainsbury's and wilkinsons, to the right of reception...

The bit that is separate down the road a bit are J, K and L
nikki-jones2009
Rep:
?
just to give a contradicting opinion... the forge really isnt as bad as made out!!

I live there now and I've had no real problems because I haven't given them any reason to have a problem with me... just treat the staff as human beings and they will look after you!

And things are only falling apart because people purposely destroy them so why would you bother fixing them??

Honestly unite aren't a rip off unless you act like an idiot... it's actually a nice place to live!
yeah. but i still think im going to apply to vic. hall. due to the fact it right next to west street and alot cheaper than the forge!

2bh the only reason why i was considering the forge was because of the common room...but i got told no one even uses it :/

thanks for the help though! x
Notts-19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
that's good are you first year?
Yeah technically i am lol, but i went to Notts Trent straight from sixth form and didn't like it so took a year out and now i'm going back, I'm actually 19, 20 this year.
sammy9214
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yeah technically i am lol, but i went to Notts Trent straight from sixth form and didn't like it so took a year out and now i'm going back, I'm actually 19, 20 this year.
ahh cool, I'm kinda like that. This will be my second year at Hallam but hopefully I will be a first year again because I'm wanting to change course lol

What you studying?
sammy9214
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by nikki-jones2009)
yeah. but i still think im going to apply to vic. hall. due to the fact it right next to west street and alot cheaper than the forge!

2bh the only reason why i was considering the forge was because of the common room...but i got told no one even uses it :/

thanks for the help though! x
fair enough, both are nice tbh
Notts-19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
ahh cool, I'm kinda like that. This will be my second year at Hallam but hopefully I will be a first year again because I'm wanting to change course lol

What you studying?
Ah i see, BSc Multimedia Technologies with a sandwich year. You? Can't wait for freshers again haha
sammy9214
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Ah i see, BSc Multimedia Technologies with a sandwich year. You? Can't wait for freshers again haha
Nice hopefully nursing lol!! Ano me either, want to do it properly this time
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Jun '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (558)
37.78%
No - but I will (115)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (103)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (701)
47.46%

Watched Threads