Endcliffe Corridor Lights Watch

raceforthefishman
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Does anybody know how we can get the corridor lights in Endcliffe to turn off. We have tried bare everything! Just can't work out how to stop the sensors!!!
Jesse_Mac
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
They just don't, unless you can manage compete motionlessness. It's annoying. The go on about us saving energy, and we can't even turn off the lights! We sometimes put bags over them if we want them darkened..
raceforthefishman
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jesse_Mac)
They just don't, unless you can manage compete motionlessness. It's annoying. The go on about us saving energy, and we can't even turn off the lights! We sometimes put bags over them if we want them darkened..
Aparently somone in our block managed it, we've tried paper and foil over the sensors its well annoying! The foil just made them stay on infinitely :bricks:
Jesse_Mac
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by raceforthefishman)
Aparently somone in our block managed it, we've tried paper and foil over the sensors its well annoying! The foil just made them stay on infinitely :bricks:
There's no switch that I can see.. there's a big interesting looking electronics box near the front door.. I'll ask the scary cleaner lady next time she's around / doesn't want to kill me.

Also, if you figure it out, tell me
-honeybee-
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Can't you just put a towel or something at the bottom of your door? We never worked it out but I can't remember it being that much of a problem.
raceforthefishman
Rep:
?
(Original post by -honeybee-)
Can't you just put a towel or something at the bottom of your door? We never worked it out but I can't remember it being that much of a problem.
Oh we're not bothered about it -- just would like to do it. Its an achievement!
-honeybee-
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Oh we're not bothered about it -- just would like to do it. Its an achievement!
Haha ok well keep trying! Maybe ask at the Edge and say you're worried about the environmental impact/it's stopping you sleeping, I doubt the cleaners will know.
raceforthefishman
Rep:
?
(Original post by -honeybee-)
Haha ok well keep trying! Maybe ask at the Edge and say you're worried about the environmental impact/it's stopping you sleeping, I doubt the cleaners will know.
I'm pulling every ounce of my physics A-level into working it out. We managed to get them to permanently stay on....
AlligatorTears
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
why d'you want to beable to manually turn off? I thought the censor system kinda worked well :s
-honeybee-
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
They take ages to turn off though...
Repressor
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
All the lights are connected to a Passive Infrared Detector AFAIK. I've only ever seen them turn off when I'm the only one with my door open and sat near my window...
TomInce6666
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
get plasters and stick then double thickness over the sensors. We have these in our block. Did it at 3:30am when we got back from clubbing, my mate (whos black) was hiding in the shadows and scared the **** out of everyone cause the corridor was black as pitch. couldnt see 5 foot infront of us.
wizard710
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Could try a sheet of lead then.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Jun '19
    Sat, 6 Jul '19
    Sat, 7 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (413)
37.86%
No - but I will (83)
7.61%
No - I don't want to (75)
6.87%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (520)
47.66%

Watched Threads