RBS bonus Watch

terracotta54
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Is it true that RBS Global Banking and Markets do not give any bonus to first and second year analysts?
BornABull
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
No
ChapterEleven
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by terracotta54)
Is it true that RBS Global Banking and Markets do not give any bonus to first and second year analysts?
No.
KLL
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by terracotta54)
no

thats a pretty peristent rumour. where do people get this from?
Aristotle's' Disciple
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I heard they do?
monkeyz55
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I have heard that they do on the markets side, but not on their IBD side...though i dont beleive that, sounds strange...
Zweihander
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I heard the first thing the summer interns are staffed on when they get there is picking up Hester's drycleaning and washing his fleet of cars.
LENNIS
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
How does anybody who has posted know that they either do or don't? Do any of you actually know?
KLL
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by LENNIS)
How does anybody who has posted know that they either do or don't? Do any of you actually know?
well i actually know they do 2nd year bonuses
and i'm pretty sure they do 1st year.
singh316
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
They do not give bonuses to 1st year analysts, I had an offer and rejected it so thats how I know for sure. Tbh they make it up with the base and sign on and once they privatise things will change....
KLL
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by singh316)
They do not give bonuses to 1st year analysts, I had an offer and rejected it so thats how I know for sure. Tbh they make it up with the base and sign on and once they privatise things will change....
Did they actually tell you that?
Swayum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My friend who interned in IBD at RBS last year said tbat a 1st year trader was paid 71k, so they must pay bonuses, but again this is just hearsay.
worldisyours
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
you start in Aug (for markets) and don't even get onto ur desk till late Sept, realistically its another 15 months until your up for bonus and you'll only get £2k in cash, rest in stock. Thats why they pay you the high sign-on, old mate got paid bout 20k worth of long-dated calls wiv a 50p strike this yr, if he leaves within the next 3 yrs, he loses the lot.

duno why u'd go to RBS for as a grad - when ppl like deutsche, barcap, JPM are handin out their markets grads some nice 30-40k cash bonuses
greenyblue_eyes
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by worldisyours)
duno why u'd go to RBS for as a grad - when ppl like deutsche, barcap, JPM are handin out their markets grads some nice 30-40k cash bonuses
For S&T a few banks put you onto the same schedule as the rest of the floor in Jan, so you don't get anywhere near the numbers you're quoting.

Realistically in S&T you do nothing useful for the first 3 months and then you're still almost a cost to the firm for the first year. I don't know why everyone on here expects to be paid nearly 100k in their first year in a bank...
rozzr
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
No it's just a horrible rumour started by Goldman Sachs.
Zweihander
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...ayfair-club.do

this guy was from RBS so someone there must still be getting paid.
Jochen85
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
A friend got recently an offer for sales and base is 60k (or something similar). Given that usually other banks pay like ~45k base, it seems they wont pay a huge bonus.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (329)
37.34%
No - but I will (71)
8.06%
No - I don't want to (63)
7.15%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (418)
47.45%

Watched Threads