too drunk to remember having had sex Watch

polkaa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I did someting really stupid.

I got really, stupidly drunk with a group of friends. I woke up this morning in the livingroom of this guy I know (friend of a friend). The first thing I noticed was that I had no underwear on. He was asleep in boxers on the couch beside me.

I realised we had had sex, I felt sore and had bruises on my thigh/shoulder ( i bruise really easily). I also found my necklace snapped off on the carpet.

As terrible as this sounds, I have literally no memory of having sex with this guy. I dont even remember being in his flat before this morning. I am sure that he would not have forced me into anything, he seems like a decent guy.

I was too ashamed to admit to him that I didnt remember having sex, so I have no idea if we used any protection. I am not on the pill. So am now worried about pregnancy and STIs. I know I should have gone to get emergency contraception today. But as soon as I got out of that flat, I just came home, had a shower and lay in bed running through the night in my head, trying to work out how I had got soo drunk. I feel ashamed that I let myself do that.

I will go get the morning after pill tmo and hope that i havent left it too late. But I need to get checked for STI. Do I need to get my GP to refer me to a clinic? I am normally totally in control and sensible, I have never had to deal with this before.
Guy Secretan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
A lot of people will probably say you may have been raped so it must have crossed your mind that that might have happened and you don't want to confront that possibility because it's too upsetting. Why don't you phone one of your friends and ask them if they saw you together what was going on. Emergency contraception works for up to 72 hours after. You don't necessarily have to get a referral you can just go straight in. I hope things work out for you.

http://www.nhs.uk/ServiceDirectories...lHealthService

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Talkingab...ow.aspx#pushed
polkaa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
it has crossed my mind. but i dont remember what happened and I cant accuse this guy of something I dont even know happened. I dont want to ask my friends about what they saw, I dont want to make them think this guy acted badly when I have no idea what happened.

Im going to get the morning afterpill. Now I see that I can get a gum appointment without a referal, Im going to get tested and then hopefully forget this happened. The lesson to be learned is never to put myself in this situation again. Thanks for your help.
Walter Ego
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Fancy a pint ?
Anonymous #1
Report 8 years ago
You need to wait 2 to 3 weeks before getting a sexual health screen because if you do have anything it takes this long to incubate and therefore show up on your results. It's a 3 month incubation period for AIDS/syphilis and that's a blood test. I know from experience of going 3 times to different clinics and being told the wrong thing at two of them! Wait at least 2 weeks so you don't waste your time like I did. Morning after pill though, do that asap.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (124)
39.62%
No - but I will (17)
5.43%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.39%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (152)
48.56%

Watched Threads