Career in consulting with a PhD in Pharmacology Watch

Tezz2011
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post and I was wondering if you all can help me.

I have finished my Phd in Pharmacology from Imperial College. I have a 2.1 Biomed degree from Westminster. I have no experience in consulting.

I need some advise on whether my background will be good enough to get me into Management consulting?

What companies will be interested and what are my options? How much is a PhD rated by these companies?

Any advice will be appreciaated. Thanks!
Tezz2011
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Also, I only have 170 ucas points from my Alevels!
threeportdrift
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Tezz2011)
Hi Everyone,

I have finished my Phd in Pharmacology from Imperial College. I have a 2.1 Biomed degree from Westminster. I have no experience in consulting.

I need some advise on whether my background will be good enough to get me into Management consulting?

What companies will be interested and what are my options? How much is a PhD rated by these companies?

Have you looked at the company websites to see the profiles of the staff they have in their medical/pharma departments? From there (and you should be able to find them without much difficulty) then you should be able to judge where you stand.

You should also make use of the Imperial careers department, you won;t have been the first to think of this career route, nor the first to take it, so check out your alumni resources.
Pendulum
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Tezz2011)
Hi Everyone,

You might find yourself excluded from the big companies as many require 300+ ucas points as a start, although whether this is relevant or not in your case is debatable but might be better to email the HR departments and ask rather than ask here.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (561)
37.65%
No - but I will (116)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (106)
7.11%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (707)
47.45%

Watched Threads