Cricket needs a subforum!!! Watch

bhamsh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
A subforum needs to be created for cricket!!
didgeridoo12uk
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
it is a bit weird that only football and motorsport have them :/
bhamsh
Rep:
?
(Original post by didgeridoo12uk)
it is a bit weird that only football and motorsport have them :/
yeah, cricket needs one too!!
CookieGhoul
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hell yea. COME ON TSR. Give cricket a subforum. COME ON MODS !
Planar
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You should have a sticky for cricket that explains how it works. All these legs and overs and things, confusing me. All that catching and throwing does look like fun though...
Colbert
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
There is nowhere near enough interest to warrant a subforum tbf.

Some people asked for an MMA one a couple of weeks ago but I struggle to keep the one thread we have alive.
Tucking Fypo
Badges: 3
Report 8 years ago
I requested one AGES ago, and the mods asked for a petition of 10 members backing such a forum - which I carried out. Don't know what happened after, but in hindsight it probably wouldn't work since the cricket soc thread itself is only active during major ICC tournaments. I think there should be an official WC thread, but that's about it.
Liam 09
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I reckon it would make the cricket fans more active than they are right now, because we have to deal with pretty much every scandal, tournament, other international and domestic cricket in one thread, it in't really appealing to me.
If we had a subforum then we could just have threads for each domestic competition, international series and any other major issues that are talked about in cricket.
hasin_arshad
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I am in a for a petition, cricket does need a subform!!
bhamsh
Rep:
?
(Original post by Liam 09)
I reckon it would make the cricket fans more active than they are right now, because we have to deal with pretty much every scandal, tournament, other international and domestic cricket in one thread, it in't really appealing to me.
If we had a subforum then we could just have threads for each domestic competition, international series and any other major issues that are talked about in cricket.
agreed
jakeee
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
the reason people dont post much about cricket is because there isnt a sub forum. if there was cricket fans would be much more active.

besides, what harm can it do?
londonmorden
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Bring it on!!

Cricket needs a sub forum!!!!!
InItToWinItGetIt?
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yep I agree it does too.
Colbert
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by JK.)
x
Stop this
Louis.
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
A sub forum would lead to more activity, I think it'd be a good idea. Probably get a similar level of activity to the motorsport one...

Needs to be sorted while the world cup is going though.

If for whatever reasons the mods aren't comfortable with it at least do it as a trial thing.
viksta1000
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
take my post as support for a cricket thread!
JK.
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
In general, I have to agree with what Colbert is saying about the levels of activity not warranting a sub-forum, but there seems to be a fair bit of interest here, so I'll have a look into it. Might try a sub-forum for the WC, if there's sufficient activity (which remains after the WC) it could be a permanent thing.
Louis.
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by JK.)
In general, I have to agree with what Colbert is saying about the levels of activity not warranting a sub-forum, but there seems to be a fair bit of interest here, so I'll have a look into it. Might try a sub-forum for the WC, if there's sufficient activity (which remains after the WC) it could be a permanent thing.
I'd say the levels of activity would increase with a sub forum. We could have easily done 2 group previews which isn't really possible in one jumbled thread. One who's going to win thread. Maybe a Pakistani and English society similar to the socs we have in the football forum, probably a few other countries who have decent representation here. Match threads-previews/discussion/reaction etc. General "best bowler/batsmen" threads. England have a test series coming up early summer against Sri Lanka, that'll get a lot of attention. Various ODI series. Etc. Etc.

All of these things are difficult to discuss in one single thread, hence limiting the activity. I know for a fact i'd post a lot more if there was a sub forum, and I think a lot of others would as well.
bhamsh
Rep:
?
(Original post by JK.)
yeah do so,

thanks
Jackthevillain
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
There is not as many as us who are in the cricket thread as in the football sub forum but we post a lot so you should give us one asap.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (558)
37.78%
No - but I will (115)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (103)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (701)
47.46%

Watched Threads