Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When the poll is public, anyone who isn't a total attention whore is going to say they are average. You'd get better results if people couldn't see who voted for what.

ReputationRep:
    The answer to this question has more to do with how big your ego is and how much confidence you have and very little to do with how good-looking you truly are.

There are amazingly good-looking people who believe they are rather plain and I know rather unattractive people who are obsessed with themselves.

It's too hard to know how attractive you are: people are rarely honest with their friends about how attractive they think they are and even less with their boyfriend/girlfriend! And it's too hard to make an objective judgement on a reflection you've seen all your life. So either you make a subjective judgement, reflecting how big your ego is or you repeat what people say about you: but even then you select the comments which you want to hear, thus reflecting your self-confidence once again.

ReputationRep:
    Hell yeh!

ReputationRep:
    Apparently I'm good looking. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    i would say average, but, i dont think you can judge yourself very well...

ReputationRep:
    Exactly. So I go on by what others have told me which can be found above^^.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say I'm average, nothing special

ReputationRep:
    Whether or not I'm good looking depends largely upon whether or not I have made an effort that day, or how hungover/tired I am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    The answer to this question has more to do with how big your ego is and how much confidence you have and very little to do with how good-looking you truly are.

There are amazingly good-looking people who believe they are rather plain and I know rather unattractive people who are obsessed with themselves.

It's too hard to know how attractive you are: people are rarely honest with their friends about how attractive they think they are and even less with their boyfriend/girlfriend! And it's too hard to make an objective judgement on a reflection you've seen all your life. So either you make a subjective judgement, reflecting how big your ego is or you repeat what people say about you: but even then you select the comments which you want to hear, thus reflecting your self-confidence once again.
    So ugly people have no confidence and good looking people do?

Good, that's the way it should be.

ReputationRep:
    OMG!!! Some of the people who have voted themselves 'Not good looking' are so wrong! I can't believe it! Tammy Girl, Blue Angel, AT82, F1 Fanatic, MR JR....what are you people thinking?! :eek: :eek: :eek: I'm sure the rest who voted aren't bad looking but these people I know are not ugly!

ReputationRep:
    no...and it really gets me down sometimes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    Join the club.
    Sob, can't I just go on The Swan?

--------------

(Original post by onearmedbandit)
    But I voted average.

By the way, isn't "not good looking" and "average" kind of the same as far as this poll is concerned? Because surely if you do not vote for "good looking" then you must think you are "not good looking". Sorry for being pedantic.
    haha

Yes you should be sorry for being pedantic.

ReputationRep:
    no but of course not!
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y98...icaalba_04.jpg :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    no but of course not!
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y98...icaalba_04.jpg :rolleyes:
    Pretty, shiny lips :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Ninja)
    Pretty, shiny lips :p:
    u do realise thats not me dont u? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    u do realise thats not me dont u? :rolleyes:
    The statements still true though.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say Average! Then again I'm not bothered about what people think so I'll say
    Good looking all the way!

ReputationRep:
    Id say tall dark and handsome, although the reality is tall, pale and above average

ReputationRep:
    i'd say im pretty decent.

but then-again there will always be ppl who say you're gorgeous and others who will disagree

ReputationRep:
    I put down 'Not good looking' because I don't feel like I am so Ijust go with my feelings xoxo

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.