The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3380
Original post by ohhelloruth
i have no idea which flats are ground floor etc, but sounds like 87 would be a low level flat in the block if yours is 104. im studying history and sociology.. :biggrin: what about you? xxx

Yeh im guessing my flat might be middle or something then, i just cant wait to move in now, two and a half weeks is too long to wait, I am ready to go now: ). I am studying Business Management and Philosophy, so another Joint Honors course :biggrin:. What date were you planning to move in because apparently we can move in on the 14th, but i was thinking that may just be a bit too early, as nobody else would be there. :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by FloRaRa
Yea, better get practising!

Hey! Do you know if the timetable will change weekly? Im starting to get confused with mine! :frown:
Hi, was wondering if someone could give me piece of mind!

It's my last day to pay my deposit, I left my dad to complete it and he said he's paid it and gave me the details, although I can't find anyway to confirm this online, such as logging in with the pin? (which I don't have)

Student ID
xxxxxx
Card Holder
xxxxxx
Card Number
xxxxxx
Card Payment ID
xxxxxx
Total Amount
(GBP) 200.00
Auth ID
xxxxxx
Accommodation Deposit
--------

^ That's all he's given me (with details obviously removed :wink:)

Is that all you guys received? IS my deposit paid?

Thank you.
Reply 3383
Hey,
Has everybody recieved accommodation offers yet? because i don't have one yet :'(
Starting to get worried...
Reply 3384
Original post by hayleyq
Hey,
Has everybody recieved accommodation offers yet? because i don't have one yet :'(

Dont worry about it, I dont have an email yet, and so dont a lot of people. I just rang up the accommodation office and asked them over the phone because i was getting worried like you. You will be getting an email soon probably, but if you cannot wait just phone up and ask :smile:
Reply 3385
Original post by Chunkeymonkey
Hey! Do you know if the timetable will change weekly? Im starting to get confused with mine! :frown:

Hmm I actually don't know, but I think they do... I don't get mine through the portal, for some reason medicine doesn't do it that way (massively annoying!)
But from what I have heard they do change yes...
Original post by gina.x
has anyone else had any trouble getting into the eIntro thing? it wont let me log in! :frown:

I have! :frown: Won't let me log in, says wrong it is wrong username/password :/ .... no idea what to do now
Reply 3387
restart the whole process of getting your username n password
Reply 3388
Original post by hayleyq
Hey,

I still don't have mine either! emailed them and said it could take up till 7/9th september :frown:
Reply 3389
Original post by Chunkeymonkey

Your timetable will NOT change weekly. It will change between semesters, but it will be the same for every week of each semester. You may however have the odd change during the semester, like a lecture in a different room.
Reply 3390
Original post by Gemini92
Your timetable will NOT change weekly. It will change between semesters, but it will be the same for every week of each semester. You may however have the odd change during the semester, like a lecture in a different room.

it changes for medicine
Reply 3391
Original post by dmz
it changes for medicine

I wasn't aware of that. Generally, the timetable will not change weekly, although clearly for certain courses it does.
Reply 3392
is the portal thing only for people who have their accommodation already ?
Because i haven't heard anything about it and i still haven't got my accommodation
Original post by PhilosophyIsMyGame
I'm moving in then too, and ive been speaking to a few other who are moving in then too! :smile: i think we'll be fine!

Yay! Just so long as I'm not the very last person :smile:
Reply 3394
Original post by Pendrive

Original post by Pendrive
Hey, for those who have applied for James Baillie, and not got a reply yet, i rang up the accommodation office this morning, and they had allocated my accommodation, but just had not emailed me because people needed to draw up the accommodation contract, so if you dont know just call them up, give your student number and they should be able to tell you where you are.
By the way i am in James Baillie block D flat 104F :biggrin:
So happy to be at James Baillie :smile:

Heyyy, I rang up the accommodation people after I read this and I'm at JBP too so thanks for the tip haha :wink: but how did you find out what block and room number etc you're in? They never told me and it's been pure annoying me haha! Cheeeers xxxx
Reply 3395
Original post by anny11
Heyyy, I rang up the accommodation people after I read this and I'm at JBP too so thanks for the tip haha :wink: but how did you find out what block and room number etc you're in? They never told me and it's been pure annoying me haha! Cheeeers xxxx

do you know if the accommodation office is open tomorrow? i really want to know where i'll be living!!
Reply 3396
Original post by anny11

Congratz on getting James Baillie by the way, im guessing it was your choice? :smile:
Anyway they just told me my flat number and room on the phone so I am surprised they didn't do the same for you. But at least you dont have to worry about being put into bad accommodation anymore :biggrin:
What are you studying anyway?
next year, do we live in halls again or have to get a house? x
Reply 3398
Original post by jessica3493
next year, do we live in halls again or have to get a house? x

You can apply to go back into halls again after your first year, although most people will move into houses. If you want to go back into halls, you can download an application form from the accom website (can be found under 'Current Students' then 'Returning Next Year') and either send it to the email address given or take it to the Marjorie & Arnold Ziff Building on campus. When you hand the form in, you will need to pay £100 which will form half of the deposit when you recieve the offer, which should be sometime in May/June.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Gemini92
You can apply to go back into halls again after your first year, although most people will move into houses. If you want to go back into halls, you can download an application form from the accom website (can be found under 'Current Students' then 'Returning Next Year') and either send it to the email address given or take it to the Marjorie & Arnold Ziff Building on campus. When you hand the form in, you will need to pay £100 which will form half of the deposit when you recieve the offer, which should be sometime in May/June.

Awh thanks! :smile:

Latest