The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gina.x
I've been having the same problem. Just rung the accommodation office and they said that not everyone can log onto the portal yet, and even though it was meant to go live on the 27th it's still not working for everyone. They told me just to keep trying, and if I still haven't managed to log on by the 9th then to ring them back.

I'm still worried though, it seems to have worked for near enough everyone else lol!

I had same problem and couldn't get on for ages! But kept trying and going through to get ISS username and password and in the end password came up different to what it had been doing and then it finally worked! :biggrin: Good luck :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 3641
Original post by Chunkeymonkey
Do we get two welcome packs?

I got one from Leeds which is all generic but am I getting one from the faculty school as well?

I got two. A physics arrival guide a week ago and a general guide came yesterday. It also came with a big poster that has all the freshers events listed.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3642
Original post by viksta1000
Guys...anyone of to this? I know tickets are nearly sold out, so just wanted to know if its worth getting a ticket

Leeds Official Freshers Weekend @ Evolution Superclub and O2 Academy in Leeds

i'm going on the 17th, on guestlist but apparently need to buy a ticket too
Reply 3643
Finally managed to register!! If anyone is having problems then email [email protected]. They are really helpful!
Also do medics have optional modules to enrol on? It says I am not allowed to choose at this time, wondering if anyone else had this problem?
Reply 3644
still haven't heard anything about accommodation, it's sooo frustrating!!!
Reply 3645
okay so i finally got my accomodation through, but im a bit gutted im in devonshire tbh. but i guess it will do :smile: anyone elsee in devonshire?:biggrin:
Reply 3646
Original post by laf14
okay so i finally got my accomodation through, but im a bit gutted im in devonshire tbh. but i guess it will do :smile: anyone elsee in devonshire?:biggrin:

Wow I'd love to be there. You should feel lucky as I'm sure a lot of people who did want to go got allocated somewhere else!

I applied through clearing and I found out today there are 3 options available to me:

Bodington Catered
St Marks until November/January
Shared room wherever there is space

I don't get a choice as to which one I get, so they are not really options. Either way I'm feeling pretty disappointed. :frown:
Reply 3647
Original post by laf14

what have you applied for?
Reply 3648
id originally applied for charles morris self catered, with the ensuite, but i got devonshire catered sharing, im not bothered now after looking at it, i was just a bit gutted to start :smile:
Reply 3649
i see :smile: dev is really nice :smile: and mind the money you will save :smile:
Reply 3650
Original post by xx_emmarr_xx
I had same problem and couldn't get on for ages! But kept trying and going through to get ISS username and password and in the end password came up different to what it had been doing and then it finally worked! :biggrin: Good luck :smile:

thanks :smile: i've just tried it again and a different password came up this time, so i thought it might finally work.. but it didn't haha :frown: i'll just have to keep trying!
Just treated myself to a nice little party dress for freshers (I've been working all summer AND trying to diet AND it's uni... I think I can justify it :P) :biggrin:
Reply 3652
Hey I was just wandering about reading lists, are we expected to get the books before we get to uni or do we get them from the library/when we are there because my reading list is huuuuuge and I dont know how I can get them all lol
Reply 3653
Original post by Muffinz
Just treated myself to a nice little party dress for freshers (I've been working all summer AND trying to diet AND it's uni... I think I can justify it :P) :biggrin:

i've been meaning to get more defined and get my pacs back.

Never got round to it :no:
Reply 3654
Original post by oliviaL
Hey I was just wandering about reading lists, are we expected to get the books before we get to uni or do we get them from the library/when we are there because my reading list is huuuuuge and I dont know how I can get them all lol

library. No way i'm buying 33 books :P
Reply 3655
Original post by oliviaL

Don't get every book on your reading list. Odds are, some of the books will be essential whilst others will only be recommended. I advise that you get the essential ones (as finding them in the library may be difficult if lots of people are all after the same book) but don't buy the recommended ones, just get them out of the library if/when you need them.
Original post by dmz
i've been meaning to get more defined and get my pacs back.

Never got round to it :no:

It's never too late to start! :biggrin:
Reply 3657
Original post by Muffinz
It's never too late to start! :biggrin:

haha reckon i'm not too bad :tongue:, back in the gym tomoro morning and pretty much every day till saturday :h:
Reply 3658
Original post by Gemini92
Don't get every book on your reading list. Odds are, some of the books will be essential whilst others will only be recommended. I advise that you get the essential ones (as finding them in the library may be difficult if lots of people are all after the same book) but don't buy the recommended ones, just get them out of the library if/when you need them.

But I have like 20 essential books D':
Reply 3659
Also I know this probabaly isnt the best place to ask questions but you all seem to know more than me! lol
What sort of stuff do we have to bring with us when we move in? Like do we have to print off our accommodation contracts and the registration stuff?

Latest