The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 840
Original post by PhilosophyIsMyGame
Yeah, that's true!
Maybe as it'll always be 9 o clock starts they may want to be close instead of in a place like clarence or Places near JB and stuff! :/ Im not sure haha!

Oh god really, i just really hope we get our first choice! Have you heard anything back about offers? :smile:

i know what you mean tho and it's a cause for concern. Worse come to worse I'll get a job thru some days or go hang out in a bar. I hope so! :smile: tho I'm a bit over the place atm

nope, she said about a week so might call tomoro if nothin
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 841

There's only one self-catered hall on the campus and then the others are a bus journey or walk to the campus!
I'm not too sure maybe send an email to the accommodation office and ask what would be your best choice? :smile:

Oh thank you, i think i'll do that. Im stuck between Tannery and James Bailey but apparently Bailey's is always over subscibed. So im very confused :s lol Thanks though! :smile:
Reply 842
which accommodation do medical students tend to go for?? Sorry if its been asked already!! thanks
Original post by Nengi
Oh thank you, i think i'll do that. Im stuck between Tannery and James Bailey but apparently Bailey's is always over subscibed. So im very confused :s lol Thanks though! :smile:

Yeah, i think the tannery would be the best choice if you want to be near the campus, as James Baillie is about 15 minutes on the bus from the uni i walked back to the uni and it took my about 20 minutes :smile:
It is very over subscribed but if you really like it, i would apply you have as much chance as everyone else! :smile:
Original post by Teva
which accommodation do medical students tend to go for?? Sorry if its been asked already!! thanks

I feel like I'm answering everyone's questions haha, but i think its the tannery as its the closest to the medical school and on the website it says that its handy for medical students as its so close :smile:
Reply 845
Original post by Nengi

yer, and apparently you don't get a second choice, so if you're equally happy with the two, i'd go for the one not over subscribed
Yeah, i think the tannery would be the best choice if you want to be near the campus, as James Baillie is about 15 minutes on the bus from the uni i walked back to the uni and it took my about 20 minutes :smile:
It is very over subscribed but if you really like it, i would apply you have as much chance as everyone else! :smile:

Do you mean 5 mins on the bus?
Original post by dmz
i know what you mean tho and it's a cause for concern. Worse come to worse I'll get a job thru some days or go hang out in a bar. I hope so! :smile: tho I'm a bit over the place atm

nope, she said about a week so might call tomoro if nothin

Yeah, they have double beds though in the Tannery :biggrin: that's a bonus!
You'll meet you loads of people on your course anyway so I'm sure it would be fine!

Oh yeah, i would be going craazy if i had to wait til now i just firmed leeds on saturday ive been sitting on all my offers since october!!
Original post by dmz
yer, and apparently you don't get a second choice, so if you're equally happy with the two, i'd go for the one not over subscribed

Do you mean 5 mins on the bus?

Yeah, so The Tannery would be the one which isn't as popular as james baillie!

Well it took me 15 minutes but that might be because it was busy but the girl i spoke to said it can take between 10-15 minutes 10 minutes from the uni 15 minutes from the town centre, especially if you get the free bus that stops down the road as its so busy haha!
Reply 848
Yeah, they have double beds though in the Tannery :biggrin: that's a bonus!
You'll meet you loads of people on your course anyway so I'm sure it would be fine!

Oh yeah, i would be going craazy if i had to wait til now i just firmed leeds on saturday ive been sitting on all my offers since october!!

lol, that's one of the things that converted me, plus the common room....assuming it really looks like that.
My course is gonna be like 80% guys, i like a fair mix, so accom's gonna have to make up for it. It is very close to lots of accommodation for leeds met students and a big bar, few mins walk from city centre too so...

I'm used to waiting, for medicine it's the norm to wait for 5months, i apply in october and the earliest decision is in february, the last 3 were mid march =.=
I only applied the friday before the last so....Once again getting excited for un
Original post by RJW193
a chips and gravy appreciation society, also with a focus on dumplings (no one in the south seems to know what they are :dots: )

I've never noticed that but dumplings are :sogood:, with meat! Sorry vegetarians...

Original post by Economomics
This sh*t craic is making me reconsider firming Leeds if I'm going to be stuck with some of you... Seriously, get some banter and get off this 24/7.

No. Also, you'll have thousands to irritate come September.

Original post by dmz
lol

what's isoc :ahee:

PM time. :tongue:
Reply 850
Yeah, so The Tannery would be the one which isn't as popular as james baillie!

Well it took me 15 minutes but that might be because it was busy but the girl i spoke to said it can take between 10-15 minutes 10 minutes from the uni 15 minutes from the town centre, especially if you get the free bus that stops down the road as its so busy haha!

Oh, it felt like 5mins from the bus, another thing i liked about JB was frequent buses, easy access to headingley, uni, and town plus cool rooms tho little
Original post by nengi
oh thank you, i think i'll do that. Im stuck between tannery and james bailey but apparently bailey's is always over subscibed. So im very confused :s lol thanks though! :smile:

tannery :d wooo
Original post by Xabi17
Haha, well it's pretty much medicine-lite.

Learn about how the body works on a micro and macro-scopic level, what happens when it goes wrong, how the body tries to fix it and develop ways we can fix it using external sources (medicine!)

Sounds thrilling eh?

Mask of Sanity - nice!

I'm a southerner, chips and gravy is quite sensational. I love it.

Medicine-lite? :colonhash: I think I'm going to borrow your notes if we don't learn enough micro and macroscopically. :tongue:

As much as I like chips, gravy I'm not a fan of.
Original post by dmz
lol, that's one of the things that converted me, plus the common room....assuming it really looks like that.
My course is gonna be like 80% guys, i like a fair mix, so accom's gonna have to make up for it. It is very close to lots of accommodation for leeds met students and a big bar, few mins walk from city centre too so...

I'm used to waiting, for medicine it's the norm to wait for 5months, i apply in october and the earliest decision is in february, the last 3 were mid march =.=
I only applied the friday before the last so....Once again getting excited for un

Yeah, i hope it's what you expect cause i know the website is VERY misleading! Yeah i heard that James Baillie is mostly girls someone said that a lot of girls apply there so if your course its mostly boys then being in James Baillie will give you girl company! :smile:

Haha, oh right! :smile: Well i hope you hear back soon! So you can firm Leeds :biggrin:!!
Oh great.. if JB is full of girls & Tannery is full of medical students when my degree is only like 8 hours per week I'm going to have loads of fun :/
Original post by georgia246
Oh great.. if JB is full of girls & Tannery is full of medical students when my degree is only like 8 hours per week I'm going to have loads of fun :/

I reckon they'd be fairly even when it comes to gender. For the fairness character etc. And, even if there are a lot of med/dental students, you'd be fine! It won't solely be them, plus, as they say, work hard play hard. :gah:
Original post by lauramunday
Just confirmed the Tannery :smile:

I couldn't make the visit day on Saturday. But I think the Tannery looks SO nice! It even has double beds :biggrin: Kind of confused why not many people are talking about it :/ hope there isnt a catch. What was the journey to Uni like? Any buses for the freezing Leeds winters :s?

Sorry if some of this has been asked I can't keep up with this thread

Im off to tannery and im in 6 hours a week, its not that full of medics, its just a lot of medics and business students will go there, its the same with concept place when they had that and it had like 30% medics and business students 70% everyone else. You wont be alone, all horror stories :smile:
Reply 858

JB is full of girls? :ninja: The sentinel is for them as well and also Business students who might be in even less, I'm doing engineering and i'm only in for 2 and a half days so i really wouldn't worry, they do the matching up thing to make sure it turns out right
Yeah, i hope it's what you expect cause i know the website is VERY misleading! Yeah i heard that James Baillie is mostly girls someone said that a lot of girls apply there so if your course its mostly boys then being in James Baillie will give you girl company! :smile:

Haha, oh right! :smile: Well i hope you hear back soon! So you can firm Leeds :biggrin:!!

Girls are good :yep: but the whole of leeds uni is more girls than boys :60:40, so JB might not be worth the risk, if i'm stuck with guys mainly i'll simply asked to be moved or something. :lol:

I hope so! then start budgeting and sort out other things :biggrin:
Reply 859
Thanks so much 'PhilosophyIsMyGame' and 'dmz'. This is SO unrelated to accomodation however, since you are so kindly replying to questions... Are there any fit/hot guys at Leeds? lol Thanks

Latest