The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1040
Original post by Nicola.Garner
Ahaha positive :P im on you go as well, and the same worries have been said on there :P so i dunno :P ive made my decision x

You have as much chance as anyone else so go for it :biggrin:, I'm not the lucky type s Tannery all the way. good chance i'll have a few friends in JB and i'd be spending a lot of time there if needed :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by dmz
You have as much chance as anyone else so go for it :biggrin:, I'm not the lucky type s Tannery all the way. good chance i'll have a few friends in JB and i'd be spending a lot of time there if needed :smile:

yeahh i think everyone will have friends there :Px
Reply 1042
yeahh i think everyone will have friends there :Px

haha, fair enough. It didn't come out right, just had a 12 shift my brain's a bit dead, lol
Original post by dmz
haha, fair enough. Wasn't how i actually meant it

oh. my bad.... how did you mean it :P x
Reply 1044
oh. my bad.... how did you mean it :P x

I meant i didn't mean to make it sound arrogant :facepalm:
Original post by dmz
I meant i didn't mean to make it sound arrogant :facepalm:

ahah i didnt take it in an arrogant way :P but you can forgive me :smile: im blonde :biggrin: x
Original post by holly6946
I didn't get time to look around The Tannery, it's a tower block right? Opal something? Is it nice? I liked North Hill Court and James Baillie doodah. Hated Clarence Dock (reminded me of an old people's home) and Leodis, it reminded me of a hospital. Who's with me? x:smile:

I had Tannery as my main choice, but observations about it being in a bad area, being dark and cold put me off...also I'm an english student and the prospect of most people being dental students and always stuck inside kinda put me off...stereotype much? 8-) Anyway I thought I'd be daring and go for JBP, I figure if I don't get it then pot luck is much easier than actually having to make a choice! :biggrin:
Original post by dmz
Haha are you sure about that? how much do you want to risk it? a lot of people aren't on tsr and don't know it's oversubscribed either :tongue:

I'm down. Gonna rob your sig btw :tongue:

Haha I rob it off mask of sanity so he should get all the credit tbh :smile:
Btw that's just my opinion, if you want you can ask some more people to see what fits your needs best. For it's as close to perfect but then again nothing is perfect.
Reply 1048
ahah i didnt take it in an arrogant way :P but you can forgive me :smile: im blonde :biggrin: x

Oh right, that's good then :smile: lol. I'm so mentally exhausted i can't even get my speech right :laugh: Really? :sexface: (kidding)
Original post by dmz
Oh right, that's good then :smile: lol. I'm so mentally exhausted i can't even get my speech right :laugh: Really? :sexface: (kidding)

An yeah i know how you feel.... just passing through the days the brain hurts that much lol :P , and ahah are you sure :wink: i wonder what the boyfriend wouold say about that lolx
Original post by hoopyfrood199
I had Tannery as my main choice, but observations about it being in a bad area, being dark and cold put me off...also I'm an english student and the prospect of most people being dental students and always stuck inside kinda put me off...stereotype much? 8-) Anyway I thought I'd be daring and go for JBP, I figure if I don't get it then pot luck is much easier than actually having to make a choice! :biggrin:

Im not a dental student and im off to tannery, i LOVE it :smile:
Reply 1051
Original post by - Major -
Haha I rob it off mask of sanity so he should get all the credit tbh :smile:
Btw that's just my opinion, if you want you can ask some more people to see what fits your needs best. For it's as close to perfect but then again nothing is perfect.

SHE gave me the code as well :tongue:. I don't even watch harry potter but it feels like i'm an exclusive geeky club or something like that, lol.

yer, i've heard a lot about it and the concerns are pretty much of little or no concern to me, plus the rooms look newer than JBP likewise the bathrooms, only JBP had chairs other than wooden ones round the table from all the ones i was interested. It's really close to town, 20mins walk to college, direct bus to headingley and town so i'm sorted. There's 4 other halls close to it so i doubt social life is gonna lack all that much (besides i don't intend on hooking up with my flat mates anyway so just gonna be hitting the clubs :tongue:)
Reply 1052
An yeah i know how you feel.... just passing through the days the brain hurts that much lol :P , and ahah are you sure :wink: i wonder what the boyfriend wouold say about that lolx

haha i know, and working with old people who pretty much eat, sit and sleep just makes me feel even more dead, lol.

I'm sure :yep: i don't mind sharing really. I'm gonna stop now :laugh:
Original post by dmz
SHE gave me the code as well :tongue:. I don't even watch harry potter but it feels like i'm an exclusive geeky club or something like that, lol.

yer, i've heard a lot about it and the concerns are pretty much of little or no concern to me, plus the rooms look newer than JBP likewise the bathrooms, only JBP had chairs other than wooden ones round the table from all the ones i was interested. It's really close to town, 20mins walk to college, direct bus to headingley and town so i'm sorted. There's 4 other halls close to it so i doubt social life is gonna lack all that much (besides i don't intend on hooking up with my flat mates anyway so just gonna be hitting the clubs :tongue:)

Oh SHE?? Friskyy Nah i'm just messing. don't kill me :frown:
Loool at hooking up with your flat mates....Well that would be awkward....I just some cool flat mates who i can talk to and hit the clubs with now and then and not get bored with :smile:
Reply 1054
Original post by - Major -
Oh SHE?? Friskyy Nah i'm just messing. don't kill me :frown:
Loool at hooking up with your flat mates....Well that would be awkward....I just some cool flat mates who i can talk to and hit the clubs with now and then and not get bored with :smile:

haha yer, she confuses people like that :tongue:, some say she has no gender, all we know is....:getmecoat:

Haha, my ex tried using that to make me jealous, saying she's getting with him and i thought that's just stupid cos you'll break up and **** will be forever awkward, cos when you bring other people home...many possible scenario's, none of them ends well.

But yer, cool flat mates is the way forward :yep: maybe f buddies :tongue:
Original post by dmz
haha i know, and working with old people who pretty much eat, sit and sleep just makes me feel even more dead, lol.

I'm sure :yep: i don't mind sharing really. I'm gonna stop now :laugh:

yeahh i suppose, is thqat what your doing at the minute then??
and ahah that actually made me laugh out loud :P thats terrible :smile: x
Reply 1056
yeahh i suppose, is thqat what your doing at the minute then??
and ahah that actually made me laugh out loud :P thats terrible :smile: x

yer, tryna set up a trust fund towards alcohol! Fun :sigh:

:wink: haha, lol :tongue:. Just thought i'd throw it out there :laugh:
Original post by lauramunday
Im not a dental student and im off to tannery, i LOVE it :smile:

Have you been then? Is it as cold and dark as people say? I'll probably change my mind again, I'm rubbish :rolleyes:
Original post by dmz
yer, tryna set up a trust fund towards alcohol! Fun :sigh:

:wink: haha, lol :tongue:. Just thought i'd throw it out there :laugh:

Ive eventually secured a job now, so im set too :smile: and yeahh :P do it more often its funny :P :laugh: i think people who do that are the best :P x
Reply 1059
Ive eventually secured a job now, so im set too :smile: and yeahh :P do it more often its funny :P :laugh: i think people who do that are the best :P x

Oh nice, are you on a gap year or part time?
I'll do it when i come see you at JBP :wink:. Haha thanks for that :smile: (think you've woken up my brain now)
Original post by hoopyfrood199
Have you been then? Is it as cold and dark as people say? I'll probably change my mind again, I'm rubbish :rolleyes:

also off to the tannery and not a dentist student, not to say they won't be fun. If i had to be in all day i'd go crazy partying the moments i'm back home

Latest