The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1800
Original post by rachelll=)
Yup exactly. Not feeling either as well. Oh and don't worry, I defiantly haven't forgotten wild :wink:

And yeah it does :smile: Shame it's not a bit closer. but I already live in a crappy little village so it's going to seem close to things compared to here. What accom. did you go for? You've probably mentioned somewhere but I can't be bothered to search through the thread :tongue:

Haha good :wink:

the distance put me off straight away. Couldn't decide between Clarence and tannery but I'm going with tannery, close to town so should be easy to get back from night outs.

Was your gap year by choice?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
where was this thread 2weeks ago, ive settled for uni of liverpool now. accom in leedsdid look muchbetter though
Reply 1802
it's been here since march. What course?
Original post by dmz
Haha good :wink:

the distance put me off straight away. Couldn't decide between Clarence and tannery but I'm going with tannery, close to town so should be easy to get back from night outs.

Was your gap year by choice?

I didn't get a chance to look at Clarence, although it did seem nice. Was put off a bit though as it was far away from other accom so would be hard to maybe see people from other accom for pre-drinking or whatever. Didn't see Tannery either. Probably didn't even bother because of the price. It's so bloody ridiculous that the maintenance loan will only cover about 10% of the accom on offer :mad:

And yeah it was. Always wanted to go traveling and do volunteer work, but after looking at finances, it would have been possible, but I wanted savings for uni. Meh will just do it after uni I suppose. Was yours by choice?
Reply 1804
I didn't get a chance to look at Clarence, although it did seem nice. Was put off a bit though as it was far away from other accom so would be hard to maybe see people from other accom for pre-drinking or whatever. Didn't see Tannery either. Probably didn't even bother because of the price. It's so bloody ridiculous that the maintenance loan will only cover about 10% of the accom on offer :mad:

And yeah it was. Always wanted to go traveling and do volunteer work, but after looking at finances, it would have been possible, but I wanted savings for uni. Meh will just do it after uni I suppose. Was yours by choice?

twas good, the bar was really tannery either but it seems quite practical. Would have gone for JBP probably if guaranteed to get it cos it's in the middle of everything. Think it's about 4.6K i can try get and 1k off my parents plus maintainance loan to cover it. 2nd yr'll be a lot cheaper (hopefully)

got rejected for medicine. Didn't get on second time round by made enough money to stay wasted for a while so no regrets. Thought I'd travel too but I'd rather have money for uni
Reply 1805
It just had most of the things I wanted from my accommodation. I will admit that nowhere stuck out as an obvious choice for me. Although I didn't go and visit the more expensive ones as I knew it would be a struggle to afford it. Would rather have the money to go out and have fun :smile:

Was also attracted to it because it's generally not generally over-subscribed and I was really worried about getting stuck in Boddington :tongue:

I don't think distance will be too much of an issue. I spoke to someone who is there this year and he says it's not a problem at all as there are regular buses which are a 2 second walk away. And taxis are cheap if you miss the last bus on a night out. Also, after visiting a friend at a different uni who is about the same distance from uni/town as oxley is, it was not even an issue on our night out.

You should defo go for Oxley :tongue:

Thanks for the reassurance :smile: I'm definitely going to bump into you because I hear Oxley is very close knit :tongue: Are you going for an en-suite?
Original post by dmz
twas good, the bar was really tannery either but it seems quite practical. Would have gone for JBP probably if guaranteed to get it cos it's in the middle of everything. Think it's about 4.6K i can try get and 1k off my parents plus maintainance loan to cover it. 2nd yr'll be a lot cheaper (hopefully)

got rejected for medicine. Didn't get on second time round by made enough money to stay wasted for a while so no regrets. Thought I'd travel too but I'd rather have money for uni

I looked at JBP but for some reason just wasn't feeling it. And yeah hopefully, although would be interesting to know how much people are spending on rent in 2nd and 3rd year. Hmmm may have to do a bit of searching or make a thread.

And awww that sucks. What will you be studying now then?
Original post by T-Toe
Thanks for the reassurance :smile: I'm definitely going to bump into you because I hear Oxley is very close knit :tongue: Are you going for an en-suite?

Yup will be seeing you in about 4 months :tongue: And no, spending another £800 just to get a tiny toilet and shower didn't really appeal. I don't really mind sharing tbh. You?
Reply 1808
Yup will be seeing you in about 4 months :tongue: And no, spending another £800 just to get a tiny toilet and shower didn't really appeal. I don't really mind sharing tbh. You?

See you there! x

Me too, I liked the all girls/all boys scheme at Oxley too.
Reply 1809
I looked at JBP but for some reason just wasn't feeling it. And yeah hopefully, although would be interesting to know how much people are spending on rent in 2nd and 3rd year. Hmmm may have to do a bit of searching or make a thread.

And awww that sucks. What will you be studying now then?

it was the location that appealed to me the most plus reputation, nothing worth risking getting stuck elsewhere for.

Yea but now I'm only in 2days and i can have fun for now with this (engineering) and can still go after medicine. Whole thing's just a yr longer so I'm defo happy :smile:
Original post by T-Toe
See you there! x

Me too, I liked the all girls/all boys scheme at Oxley too.

Ahh I didn't like that so much. But I'm assuming there will be a lot of mingling, so hopefully won't be too bad.
Original post by dmz
it was the location that appealed to me the most plus reputation, nothing worth risking getting stuck elsewhere for.

Yea but now I'm only in 2days and i can have fun for now with this (engineering) and can still go after medicine. Whole thing's just a yr longer so I'm defo happy :smile:

Is Tannery quite under-subscribed as well then?

And yeah this way you can actually have some fun rather than working 24/7 :smile:
Reply 1812
Is Tannery quite under-subscribed as well then?

And yeah this way you can actually have some fun rather than working 24/7 :smile:

Yea, people usually get dumped in.

Yea :biggrin: just gonna party as much as i can
Reply 1813
Ahh I didn't like that so much. But I'm assuming there will be a lot of mingling, so hopefully won't be too bad.

Mixed or shared I wouldn't mind either way tbh :smile:

What course are you studying?
Reply 1814
Original post by Bella Occhi
The deadline is 1st July, I'm sure you'll have reached a decision by then :smile: Things to consider: do you have a price limit? Do you want catered or self catered? Ensuite or shared bathroom? Near or far from the uni? Which facilities are included?

Weeel kind of a price limit but if im to live there a year it may as well be right.
I would of preferred en-suite, for those hour long hung over "why mee" head against the wall showers :smile:...the price and social aspect of bodington (interflat football) is appealing, but as much as i love being social, i also enjoy some solidarity, as im sure most do.

IQ looks pretty good, although its not part of leeds..double bed, en suite, less than 100 pw and in the city. I might just stick a few in a hat and let chance decide :rolleyes:
just so your aware, there is 109 days until the 19th of september :biggrin:
thats 15 weeks and 4 days until university :smile: nice and excited now :smile: x
Original post by Dephect
Weeel kind of a price limit but if im to live there a year it may as well be right.
I would of preferred en-suite, for those hour long hung over "why mee" head against the wall showers :smile:...the price and social aspect of bodington (interflat football) is appealing, but as much as i love being social, i also enjoy some solidarity, as im sure most do.

IQ looks pretty good, although its not part of leeds..double bed, en suite, less than 100 pw and in the city. I might just stick a few in a hat and let chance decide :rolleyes:

Hahaha did not think about those post-drinking showers, I'm sure everyone will take one at least once ! Maybe ensuite would be best then :lol: Or yeah, randomly pick, whatever works :rolleyes: You can change it up until the deadline anyway AFAIK.

Original post by Nicola.Garner
just so your aware, there is 109 days until the 19th of september :biggrin:
thats 15 weeks and 4 days until university :smile: nice and excited now :smile: x

No way.... :eek:
Original post by Bella Occhi

No way.... :eek:

Hell yeahhhh :P its sooo good!! x :biggrin:
Original post by Dephect

Aww does only Boddington do interflat football? I'm going Clarence Dock and I really hope they do it there! I wanna show off my striking prowess :wink: you got any idea how we can apply for the Leeds football team?

I'm getting all excited but I really hope I get the grades to get in! I need ABB but for AAA I need 85% in my History exam, 87.5% in my Politics exam and just 80% in English. I'm so worried I hope I make it!
Reply 1819
Original post by Omiclops
Aww does only Boddington do interflat football? I'm going Clarence Dock and I really hope they do it there! I wanna show off my striking prowess :wink: you got any idea how we can apply for the Leeds football team?

I don't know about the applying for Leeds football team, but Clarence Dock definitely were setting up a football team this year if that helps.

Latest