Blocked Sinuses - help Watch

The Stig
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Well it appears I have blocked sinuses and subsequently my face, eyes, teeth hurt. Even more when I lean or bend forwards.

I went to the Chemist and was offered Sudafed which I can't take.

So instead I bought some tea tree oil which I've been putting into hot water and inhaling a couple of times a day along with paracetamol.

Is there anything else which would help?

( I really can't get ill as I have coursework to do which is in at the end of the week which carries a lot of weight! :unsure: )
aleathiel
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I have sinus problems too

Have you tried olbas oil? Has helped me many a time.. put it on a tissue and inhale... Or you can apply it to your pillowcase (although if you don't want it to stain maybe not) where you won't actually get it near your eyes and sleep.
rylit91
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I had a virus in December and ever since my nose has been constantly blocked. I've had to use nasal decongestants daily - went to the chemist the other day to buy another but the woman told me to inhale steam like you are. It kind of worked but I was back to normal, well I say normal, I mean blocked up, and now I have to use the decongestants again. I wonder whether it might be sinusitus? My teeth ache sometime and I've had headaches lately. It also hurts behind my eyes.
Tabers
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm sure I read somewhere to drink hot drinks like tea. Also go to your doctors, they can give antibiotics to try and sort it out. I got some when I had blocked sinuses and a headache with them.
The Stig
Rep:
?
Thanks for the replies. I've been drinking lots of tea but as you can probably tell from my avatar I'm a big fan of tea - I've only had it for a couple of days so I'm sort of hoping it goes but I have a feeling it won't. I'm going to go and ask again tomorrow to see if there's any nasal sprays or anything which may help :unsure:
Summer_fruits
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I used to put 1-2 teaspoons of vick vapour rub into some hot water, and inhale the steam.

Although my dad later got me this vicks sinex spray which was a MASSIVE help, he got it from Boots it's called "Vicks, sinex micromist aqueous nasal spray solution."

Also the doc told me to massage my face (lol) but it worked.
Aemiliana
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I have the same issue. Ow my cheekbones :cry2: Steaming works quite well but just not for long enough :sad:
Beth_F
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You probably have sinusitis. It tends to clear itself within a couple of weeks. If it doesn't or if it gets really bad, you should go to doctors and they will probably offer you antibiotics. I did and it sorted me out within a couple of days
The Stig
Rep:
?
(Original post by Beth_F)
You probably have sinusitis. It tends to clear itself within a couple of weeks. If it doesn't or if it gets really bad, you should go to doctors and they will probably offer you antibiotics. I did and it sorted me out within a couple of days
It's sorted itself out, pretty much. With the aid of tea tree oil and hot water
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (378)
37.35%
No - but I will (77)
7.61%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.02%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (486)
48.02%

Watched Threads