Blood brothers - help? Watch

chris_d
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I'm doing Blood Brothers as one of my set texts, but it's really hard to find any notes on it...

Can anyone explain the whole nature vs nurture thing as I sort of get what it means but I don't see how characters represent it or its importance.
Manitude
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Isn't it all about the twins? They're exactly alike at birth, but they have to be separated and end up living very different lives and I suppose you have to decide whether or not mickey (I think that's his name - I've not studied this in >3 years so I'm a bit rusty!) would have turned out the way he did regardless of his upbringing - is he essentially good but turned bad, or was he always bad?

I only studied it in drama so we didn't really go into too much depth about the meaning of the other characters so I can't help you there.
Kalliope
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Maybe
(Original post by Expecto_Patronum)
x
can help you?
Hopple
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Blood and brothers is nature. Nurture would be how they are treated by their parents.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by chris_d)
I'm doing Blood Brothers as one of my set texts, but it's really hard to find any notes on it...

Can anyone explain the whole nature vs nurture thing as I sort of get what it means but I don't see how characters represent it or its importance.
This is my favourite play EVER! :-) (I went to the same highschool as W.R, and the same university as it happens, so it's been drummed into me since I was in Y7 what "a school like ours can do for you" even though he's publically said it was rubbish as he's dyslexic and they never gave him any help and he hated every second of it.. but I guess they forget that now that he's their "success story")

Well nature vs nurture is best studied with twins.

What's the play about?

Twins.

So there's that one cleared up. You might want to take note of the differences between the brothers when they meet as children, and then the clear similarities between them as well- such as their feelings for Linda etc.

Also look at the role of Mrs Lyons & her unhealthy obsession with superstition, and how that affects her relationship with Eddie in comparison to Mrs Johnstone's slightly more relaxed attitude towards raising her 8 children :-)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (503)
37.65%
No - but I will (103)
7.71%
No - I don't want to (92)
6.89%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (638)
47.75%

Watched Threads