Possible careers in environmental sustainability!!?? Watch

FunkyDonkey
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Anyone got any suggestions for careers to do with sustainability and the environment? Or ANYTHING to do with sustainability that may be useful to a sixthform student eg. books, recommended courses etc. Thanks
Pendulum
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
That's a very broad area you're looking at there, what kind of work are you looking for?

Scientific work? Legislation? Engineering? There's thousands of jobs around.
fire2burn
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You could get a job at a recycling plant sorting cardboard from glass and plastic.
FunkyDonkey
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pendulum)
That's a very broad area you're looking at there, what kind of work are you looking for?

Scientific work? Legislation? Engineering? There's thousands of jobs around.
Ummm I'm not really sure (!) but maybe something more to do with legislation like working in a local authority. I also wondered if surveying would be an option.
Pendulum
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Well there are many options.

Legislation wise you would be looking at either working for a council or government body, or doing law then studying environmental law within that.

I have a friend who is studying his MSc in surveying and if that's really something you want to do it's a great way to get into it, he does 4 days on the job surveying so it's pretty active.
FunkyDonkey
Rep:
?
Cool thank you thats very helpful some options to definitely consider. Where is your friend studying surveying?
Pendulum
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
At Exeter, here's the link http://www.exeter.ac.uk/cornwall/aca...te-study/slem/
FunkyDonkey
Rep:
?
Thanks for your help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.86%
No - but I will (101)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (632)
47.66%

Watched Threads