The Student Room Group

Possible careers in environmental sustainability!!??

Anyone got any suggestions for careers to do with sustainability and the environment? Or ANYTHING to do with sustainability that may be useful to a sixthform student eg. books, recommended courses etc. Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
That's a very broad area you're looking at there, what kind of work are you looking for?

Scientific work? Legislation? Engineering? There's thousands of jobs around.
Reply 2
You could get a job at a recycling plant sorting cardboard from glass and plastic.
Reply 3
Original post by Pendulum
That's a very broad area you're looking at there, what kind of work are you looking for?

Scientific work? Legislation? Engineering? There's thousands of jobs around.

Ummm I'm not really sure (!) but maybe something more to do with legislation like working in a local authority. I also wondered if surveying would be an option.
Reply 4
Well there are many options.

Legislation wise you would be looking at either working for a council or government body, or doing law then studying environmental law within that.

I have a friend who is studying his MSc in surveying and if that's really something you want to do it's a great way to get into it, he does 4 days on the job surveying so it's pretty active.
Reply 5
Cool thank you thats very helpful :smile: some options to definitely consider. Where is your friend studying surveying?
Reply 7
Thanks for your help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending