Has any of you ever told a big lie (not on purpose)? Watch

This discussion is closed.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Somthing happened to me in year 8 (which is almost 9 years ago now!) that I regret.

It was a PE lesson and the ones that never did (including me) all had to sit on a bench and watch. Anyway I was asking these kids where their freind was who hasn't been in for a weeks, they told me he died. I believed them being very stupid and gullible at the time.

I went home and told my parents this they thought it was a bit odd but managed to convince them. Anyway a few days later the person that was supposed to be dead turned up in class. My mum had already told her friends that this lad had died. I could not now tell my mum that he wasn't dead.

It was such an emberassing thing at the time.

Has this kind of thing happened to anybody else?
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
your story is a cross between really sweet and funny.
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
or errr....nah I wont say it
]{ingnik
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by imasillynarb)
Lol, judging by your previous posts narb, i wouldnt recommend that you sully your good name any further.
AT82
Rep:
?
(Original post by imasillynarb)
Go on..you've started now
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I try not to lie...anyhow...because i'm a sweet innocent lil girl...
AT82
Rep:
?
(Original post by waiting2smile)
I try not to lie...anyhow...because i'm a sweet innocent lil girl...
Hehe glad to hear it. I also make don't tell my parents now somthing that major until I have heared it on good authority.
caz
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
Somthing happened to me in year 8 (which is almost 9 years ago now!) that I regret.

It was a PE lesson and the ones that never did (including me) all had to sit on a bench and watch. Anyway I was asking these kids where their freind was who hasn't been in for a weeks, they told me he died. I believed them being very stupid and gullible at the time.

I went home and told my parents this they thought it was a bit odd but managed to convince them. Anyway a few days later the person that was supposed to be dead turned up in class. My mum had already told her friends that this lad had died. I could not now tell my mum that he wasn't dead.

It was such an emberassing thing at the time.

Has this kind of thing happened to anybody else?
good god that sucks
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hehe glad to hear it. I also make don't tell my parents now somthing that major until I have heared it on good authority.
Yeah... especially if it's going to shock them.

This guy I know at school died last summer while we were on work experience. And when this one person told me he'd died, I thought it was a sick joke. And then people called me sick for thinking it was a joke! What you said proved that people really do joke about that stuff which is just sick.

I didn't tell parents, they just read in the end of term newsletter which was released a week later.

Anyway, we really had lost poor Zul. In fact they're thinking of having a memorial bench placed facing the cricket field for him... I donated money for it anyway.
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I also know someone who died... he was only 14, I couldn't believe it, he was always up to something in a cute mischevious kind of way, it's not fair... Still can't believe it 6 months later
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by me!)
I also know someone who died... he was only 14, I couldn't believe it, he was always up to something in a cute mischevious kind of way, it's not fair... Still can't believe it 6 months later
a girl that went to my primary school died last year, she had cancer...it was so sad...can feel a lump in my throat because she was such a good, lovely, kind person...and far too young...
AT82
Rep:
?
(Original post by me!)
I had a freind who died when he was 14, I he had a genetic dieseese so I knew it would happen. He wasn't like my best friend or anything but we were close. He had so much life considering who knew he was dying.
me!
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
a girl that went to my primary school died last year, she had cancer...it was so sad...can feel a lump in my throat because she was such a good, lovely, kind person...and far too young...
It doesn't seem fair, but also thinking about his mum and dad, big sis and lil sis... can't imagine what it must be like for them... and remembering all the times that me and him joked around and stuff, still can't believe it... and I've got tears in my eyes just thinking about him
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
this thread is starting to make me feel pretty tearful - dear me i'm such an emotional girl.
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yeah it's horrible having people you know die... the realisation that they will no longer be next to you, joking and laughing...

my grandfather died a couple of years back - I get a feeling of nostalgia whenever I visit my grandmother. As well as that, one of my primary school friends had some kind of heart seizure when he went cross country running, and died subsequently. Another person in my school year died because of an allergy reaction at a party a real shame...
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
yeah it's horrible having people you know die... the realisation that they will no longer be next to you, joking and laughing...

my grandfather died a couple of years back - I get a feeling of nostalgia whenever I visit my grandmother. As well as that, one of my primary school friends had some kind of heart seizure when he went cross country running, and died subsequently. Another person in my school year died because of an allergy reaction at a party a real shame...
me!
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
When I about 5 two of the people that I loved most in the world died, but I never really realised what was happening, but as I got older thinking of these people still makes me cry as this thread has now made me do I also wrote a poem when I was a bit younger about how my grandad would never be able to say 'happy birthday' to me ever again, my mum found the poem and it made her cry, but we never talk about him... god this thread is depressing me
AT82
Rep:
?
I'm feeling a bit sad now too. I never realised just how many people know young people that died. I only knew personaly of one so I guess I was lucky. The thing is though I don't believe in god or anything but I am pretty sure my mate that died is still with us. I just don't see how he can not exist anymore after such a short existance.
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm feeling a bit sad now too. I never realised just how many people know young people that died. I only knew personaly of one so I guess I was lucky. The thing is though I don't believe in god or anything but I am pretty sure my mate that died is still with us. I just don't see how he can not exist anymore after such a short existance.
i once pretended i was white - although it didnt pay off really.
me!
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Too many people die too young... it's not fair... I always think that these people can see everything we do...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (222)
60.99%
Yes- I don't like it (16)
4.4%
No- I want it (101)
27.75%
No- I don't want it (25)
6.87%

Watched Threads