Should I get a brazilian blowdry? pics Watch

sfitz1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
My hair is naturally very curly and I do like it sometimes but I wonder whether straight hair looks better on me...what do people think? Should I get a brazilian blowdry so my hair is straight all the time..or leave it curly..or straighten it myself and let it be wavy?

I have tried to include pics of it in all its different states..though I am not sure if I know how to upload properly
mosmof
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
deceiving thread
draikzer
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I read Brazilian and I was like... CLICK.

Disappointing.
inksplodge
  • CV Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
leave it as it is, its gorgeous!
Arekkusu
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Numbers one, four and six are the hottest, I don't have the faintest idea what a Brazilian blow dry is though.
inksplodge
  • CV Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Arekkusu)
Numbers one, four and six are the hottest, I don't have the faintest idea what a Brazilian blow dry is though.
i think its permanently [well til the hair grows] straightening your hair
doggyfizzel
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Wavy is good, I think the last two pics are the ones it looks best in
sfitz1
Rep:
?
(Original post by mosmof)
deceiving thread
yes I thought I'd get people to look by putting that as the title but I am seriously thinking about getting a brazilian (blowdry)
un-besito
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My hair is really curly and not very long either (I'm growing it though) and I once considered having it permanently straightened..but I'm so glad I didn't! I think you should leave it how it is because, as you said, you do like it sometimes, so it's better to give yourself more choice - sometimes you can leave it natural and when you want to, straighten it.
Now mine is getting longer I sort of like it curly, it has so much more volume/life than when I straighten it (which I used to do every single day when it was short!)
lazy smurf
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You're hot, leave it be.
CookieGhoul
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by sfitz1)
My hair is naturally very curly and I do like it sometimes but I wonder whether straight hair looks better on me...what do people think? Should I get a brazilian blowdry so my hair is straight all the time..or leave it curly..or straighten it myself and let it be wavy?

I have tried to include pics of it in all its different states..though I am not sure if I know how to upload properly
Wow. I hope you dont mind this, but you are very pretty
Aristotle's' Disciple
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Leave it as it is. <3 Hot stuff.
Alt__x
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I am considering getting this in the summer for festivals. Any advice would be appreciated. How long dothey last?
sfitz1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Alt__x)
I am considering getting this in the summer for festivals. Any advice would be appreciated. How long dothey last?
Apparently for a few months but I reckon it will last until your hair fully grows out and that could take years (in my case anyway as mine goes really slowly).. Ahh I really don't know what to do.. It would be so much easier to have it staight all the time (my hair gets everywhere) but if it'll never be curly again thats kinda poo... I wonder if anyone has had one done and could offer more advise...
beffnee
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Alt__x)
Apparently for a few months but I reckon it will last until your hair fully grows out and that could take years (in my case anyway as mine goes really slowly).. Ahh I really don't know what to do.. It would be so much easier to have it staight all the time (my hair gets everywhere) but if it'll never be curly again thats kinda poo... I wonder if anyone has had one done and could offer more advise...
For people saying it's permanent straightening - A Brazilian Blowdry is a protein (keratin) treatment which just puts the natural keratin back into your hair. It doesn't need you to grow your hair out as it doesn't alter the chemical structure of the hair or anything like that, it just adds back natural keratin. Therefore after a certain number of washes (on average 2 months, although it depends how much product you use, how often you wash etc.) it just wears off.

OP: I had it done in the summer because I was going to Africa for five weeks and my hair is awful when not straightened, and I have to say it was possibly the biggest waste of money I've made. My hair isn't as curly as yours, more wavy and very frizzy, but I can't say I noticed that much of a difference. Your hair is lovely as it is, and I think you would be better just straightening it as and when you want, because (from my experience) it didn't make that much difference - I know when you Google it, there are pictures which suggests it is like a wonder-treatment, but I know other people who have shown similar results but only when they first had it done as it wore off so quickly. If you have the money to spare then by all means give it a go and see if it makes a vast difference, since it will wear off naturally and you won't need to wait for it to grow out, but I think it's a lot of money for something you can do yourself as and when you want it, reasonably easily.
sfitz1
Rep:
?
bump
Uzzy?
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Leave it I think it looks nice the way it is!
.Heather.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I think you've got lovely hair. You should leave it the way it is.
mosmof
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
yes I thought I'd get people to look by putting that as the title but I am seriously thinking about getting a brazilian (blowdry)
let down. well the first and fourth pictures look the best
nofuture
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
5th pic is stunning wish my hair was like that, keep it like it!
Btw is that your natural colour or did you have it coloured to get it like that? I want my hair dyed exactly like this.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (314)
37.83%
No - but I will (64)
7.71%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.47%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (390)
46.99%

Watched Threads