?
Report 8 years ago
Could you tell us your thoughts first?
zuoci3
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Well i know that Andy made an inquiry and wanted information, VSS replied with with an offer. But I don't know if he accepted or made a counter offer and if it was valid. Is there a breach of contact or is it just frustration and do I include remedies?
estherloca
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I would say the email was an offer, Andy's a counter-offer which he revoked & then accepted the original offer? which would give him a claim for damages, otherwise we wouldn't have much to write for the assessment.

the alternative is the email was an invitation to treat, Andy's reply an offer...then another offer then rejection by VSS.
legendstar
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
How about doing your own work...?
viveksharma15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm also having trouble with this question, I cannot see where a contract has even formed for the grounds for these allegations to be made! VSS only said to ACS "How does this sound to you?” to which ACS then replies with two different emails. I cannot see where the contract agreement is made but that sounds too simple to be true.

Any other ideas? Like where are the grounds for which all these allegations can be made? Surely the third-party solicitors would have turned round and said well no contract was ever formed so you cannot sue for any damages?
NISHI
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I also have the same problem with the above question.can somebody plzzzz help
estherloca
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Lol exactly, I'm not seeing how a contract has been formed tbh. But why would there be a whole section on damages then?

I think it's just an opportunity for us to show what we know about remedies & if they can be applied in this situation, probably more simple than we're making it out to be
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (558)
37.8%
No - but I will (115)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (103)
6.98%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (700)
47.43%

Watched Threads