What do you think about stem cell research? Watch

Lindchen
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hey.
What do you think about stem cell research?
Do you have ethical beliefs which make it impossible for you to accept this way of research?
Personally, I support stem cell research because the possibilites of healing a lot of diseases is a big hope for me. It would be nice if this therapy could end a lot of pain and suffering. I think we will see if this is something to hope for or not in the next 10 years, but what do you think? Are you excited or just bored/angry about this "waste-of-money" (heard that before)
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Well, there are adult and foetal stem cells. I find it hard to believe that anyone could be against adult stem cell research. Foetal research would have to actually yield some results, rather than vague and distant promises, before i'd ever make a solid opinion. But at the moment it seems adult stem cell therapies will be very successful.
didgeridoo12uk
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i don't really see an issue with any of it :/
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm all for it.
Lindchen
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
You wouldn't believe it, but I heard on another board that ADULT stem cell research was bad because it is against nature etc. because human race was not made for living longer than 30 years, so disieases that come with age etc. are not to be cured... I thought that guy was crazy, but some people agreed with him.
I mean, I am all for it, I am still quite young, but if I see how my grandparents have to suffer..I wish the cure was here already.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (179)
39.43%
No - but I will (25)
5.51%
No - I don't want to (32)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (218)
48.02%

Watched Threads