Ashurst TC 2013 Online App Watch

Med2Ky
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Anyone got any tips for the Ashurst LLP TC 2013 online application?

No word counts are listed, so how much would be expected?
Christopher343
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I thought it's not opened up until March ?
eve_22
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
When I applied for the VS (assuming it's the same cover letter format), I think I wrote about 800 words +, as well as the additional question on EC's of approximately 400 words. I ultimately got the offer.
TommehR
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My cover letter was around 650 and EC question was 500.
billybob13
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My cover letter was 600 and my EC question was 300 and I got offered a TC interview. Also, Christopher343, the OP is probably non-law in which case applications have been open for a while.
Christopher343
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You all mention EC question, I do not recall answering any of these ?! Have you applied for vac schemes for the summer 2011 ?? Where was that additional EC question ? :O :O
GoBigOrGoHome
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Christopher343)
You all mention EC question, I do not recall answering any of these ?! Have you applied for vac schemes for the summer 2011 ?? Where was that additional EC question ? :O :O
Extra-Curricular.

The one about the things you do outside of the library.
Christopher343
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Oh my thanks! I thought that there was some additional question on European Community....
GoBigOrGoHome
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Christopher343)
Oh my thanks! I thought that there was some additional question on European Community....
hahaha! love it!
Frances99
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My successful vacation scheme application included an 800-word cover letter and 350 words on my extracurricular activities.
Tanya_Dzirigorova
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I am thinking of applying to Ashurst for a TC, however, I am slightly confused about to whom I should address my application. The new Ashurst’s brochure says S. Trowbridge : http://content.yudu.com/A1p789/166As...Fsolicitors%2F
Lawcareers says the Graduate and Development Team http://www.lawcareers.net/Solicitors/Detail.aspx?r=166 (when I was applying for vac scheme it said S. Trowbridge as well).
And the Ashurst’s official site says “You should apply to Amelia Pearce, Graduate Recruitment and Development Officer.”
It seems that I should address it to Mrs Pearce then, but I am still unsure, since the brochure provides otherwise..
billybob13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think Stephen Trowbridge has left or is leaving Ashurst so I would address it to Ms Pearce.
eve_22
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Definitely Ms Pearce.

I did a vac scheme there. Stephen Trowbridge left in mid April.
Tanya_Dzirigorova
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Thanks!
Gunned
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's a shame he left, he's a really nice guy!
Tanya_Dzirigorova
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Maybe Ms Pearce is as nice :P or is she not ?
Btw, correct me if I am wrong but I reckon that there is a whole team that makes the decision, and then the final word goes to the person to whom the application is addressed to ?
That would mean that the team remained the same, but the person in charge finished ?
billybob13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah, there'll be a few HR people reviewing the application forms, but if you get to interview then it'll be the partners who have the final decision.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.6%
No - but I will (103)
7.72%
No - I don't want to (92)
6.89%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (638)
47.79%

Watched Threads