Turn on thread page Beta

Do you ever look round and feel guilty about how much you have? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    Yes, I can sympathise with her, but it was pretty stupid to actually announce such a controversial opinion like that. Any politician should know that they should keep their actual views to themselves.

That bit where they shot the Geologist was quite sad, actually, and when the religious music started and the bright light was shining down from the heavens, it was quite moving.
    Yeah I guess politics wasn't the right career for her.. from what I can make out politicians are all (apart from Tony Benn) cold hearted, cruel and evil

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    Yeah I guess politics wasn't the right career for her.. from what I can make out politicians are all (apart from Tony Benn) cold hearted, cruel and evil
    With the added exception of Oliver Letwin, of course - he's just lovely.

ReputationRep:
    What about 'two jags' Prescott?

ReputationRep:
    Don't be fooled by the rocks that I've got, I'm just I'm just Dave from the BLOCK.

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes: lol

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I do.

I don't think I'm ever going to be able to fully work out the selective morality on which this world seems to be based.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammyd)
    What about 'two jags' Prescott?
    He's funny. I reckon that he doesn't actually exist - he's just a fabrication created by the Labour spin machine to make the rest of the party members appear restrained.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    tony benn would be like blair if he got into power, he is the same as Michael moore - self righteous

ReputationRep:
    Hell no, you deserve everything you get and you have to make the most of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    tony benn would be like blair if he got into power, he is the same as Michael moore - self righteous
    Aren't all polticians self-righteous?
    Tony Benn and Michael Moore are the total opposite to Tony Blair.. I think you must be thinkng of your hero, Thatcher..

ReputationRep:
    Damn server busyness, already replied to this *sigh*.

Both of those episodes felt like a film rather than a TV show, they were just that good.
    Yes, they were good. I hadn't realised I actually missed half of the last series.

---

As for the actual thread topic, I don't feel guilty so much, more irritated that we don't do more (in school etc) to raise money for charities- we could be doing a hell of a lot more than we are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    Aren't all polticians self-righteous?
    Tony Benn and Michael Moore are the total opposite to Tony Blair.. I think you must be thinkng of your hero, Thatcher..
    theres another s word iwanna use but i have forgotten it - aaargh. thatcher was smart, funny and good looking ,well as gd looking as u

tony benn would be the same as blair if he was in governmetn, for gods sake he is just opposition for the sake of being opposition and michael moore, well he is an idiot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    theres another s word iwanna use but i have forgotten it - aaargh. thatcher was smart, funny and good looking ,well as gd looking as u

tony benn would be the same as blair if he was in governmetn, for gods sake he is just opposition for the sake of being opposition and michael moore, well he is an idiot

lol.. u need to work on your insults.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    lol.. u need to work on your insults.
    no not really, cos they both get romaticised but tak complete and utter rubbish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    no not really, cos they both get romaticised but tak complete and utter rubbish
    ....in your view (which doesn't carry much weight with me- no offence)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)

man, how about that for political analysis..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)
    I'm sitting in my warm well lit university room now.

I have a fridge full of cold beer and soft drinks. I'm sitting on a leather chair with my wireless keyboard and mouse, staring at my 19" monitor listening to my subwoofer.

I sometimes think that I don't deserve all of this, and even feel a bit guilty. I never felt like this when I was younger, it is something I have only came to realise these past few weeks.

Anybody else get the same feelings?

Adam
    nah, its all luck of the draw. feeling guilty isnt going to solve famine and poverty etc, so why feel guilty. if there is nothing before birth then how can we 'deserve' or indeed 'not deserve' what we are born into? because to deserve or not deserve something you have to have been bad or good before, which isnt possible whence you're a foetus.

Unless you believe in previous lives, that build up to the sort of life you have now. in which case you actually do deserve what you have now. QED... sort of

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes i feel guilt when i buy an excess of things or things i dont need just because i like them...because there are some people in the world that dont even have what they need...they dont even have a choice!

But i dont tend to think of that very often...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)
    I'm sitting in my warm well lit university room now.

I have a fridge full of cold beer and soft drinks. I'm sitting on a leather chair with my wireless keyboard and mouse, staring at my 19" monitor listening to my subwoofer.

I sometimes think that I don't deserve all of this, and even feel a bit guilty. I never felt like this when I was younger, it is something I have only came to realise these past few weeks.

Anybody else get the same feelings?

Adam

No. Who buys it for you? If you have worked and paid for it yourself then what is there to feel guilty about, it is your own hard-earned cash. I don't get what you mean aboyut feeling guilty, what compared to Ethiopians or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThornsnRoses)
    Sometimes i feel guilt when i buy an excess of things or things i dont need just because i like them...because there are some people in the world that dont even have what they need...they dont even have a choice!

But i dont tend to think of that very often...
    ahh, not the best of sigs for this thread, eh ThornsnRoses.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2004
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.