Do you ever look round and feel guilty about how much you have? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Moochy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by byb3)
I'm sitting in my warm well lit university room now.

I have a fridge full of cold beer and soft drinks. I'm sitting on a leather chair with my wireless keyboard and mouse, staring at my 19" monitor listening to my subwoofer.

I sometimes think that I don't deserve all of this, and even feel a bit guilty. I never felt like this when I was younger, it is something I have only came to realise these past few weeks.

Anybody else get the same feelings?

Adam
yeh quite a lot. i just look around me when i feel angry or annoyed and realise that i am sooo lucky compared to most of the world. i can go home to a warm home at night, sleep in a bed feelin safe, go to a good 6th form, and am able to get access to good higher education/uni soon, i am well fed/clothed.
isnt that something to be happy about!
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
No. Sometimes I get bitter and twisted because I don't have more. BUT, I never feel guilty for what I have because

a) I earn't it and it's MINE!
b) Greed is Good, Greed is Right, Greed Works!
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by onearmedscissor)
Don't be fooled by the rocks that I've got, I'm just I'm just Dave from the BLOCK.
very good. very good. a round of applause to dave.
nikk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by byb3)
I'm sitting in my warm well lit university room now.

I have a fridge full of cold beer and soft drinks. I'm sitting on a leather chair with my wireless keyboard and mouse, staring at my 19" monitor listening to my subwoofer.

I sometimes think that I don't deserve all of this, and even feel a bit guilty. I never felt like this when I was younger, it is something I have only came to realise these past few weeks.

Anybody else get the same feelings?

Adam
I don't cos I have worked bloody hard for everything I have.
nikk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If you are feeling guilty then do something to help those worse off than you - simple!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (530)
66.75%
No (264)
33.25%

Watched Threads