Attractive people and BS Watch

nativeLondoner
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Do people generally forgive superficially good looking people poorly thought out opinions? Even the BBC news team is a joke; most of them are Sri Lankan, Welsh or ex trolley dolleys, and some have even appeared on low rent progs like 'Dancing on Ice'. Why is it so hard to find a 50 year old English born oxbridge male? Our musicians are also nearly always white liberal oriented or foul mouthed creatures from Peckham.

Should society make more of an effort to listen to the analysis of those not so well endowed, or are we hellbent on instant gratification?
ktlaurenroe
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Those were some stunning generalisations you just made.
nativeLondoner
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
delete pls
Onge
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
who wants to watch ugly people?
DdotT
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Peckham is a **** area, too many africans, im not being racist im being serious, no offence to africans intended, but the area is disgusting and so FOBISH
rajandkwameali
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Such is life, get over it. It's human nature, but i would say our modern pop culture emphasises looks.
cambio wechsel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by nativeLondoner)

Should society make more of an effort to listen to the analysis of those not so well endowed....?
I read to the end of your post, if it helps.
Lamptastic
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Really I'd say there are enough middle aged toffs in government. :awesome:

I'd prefer to look at an attractive person in the morning tbh so I don't regurgitate my cereal & OJ...this is precisely why I don't have a mirror near me when I've just woken up...or ever even lol.

EDIT: That said, I often find the weather woman really annoyingly jolly. Oh Look there's rain...yaaaay! ARGH!GHGHG:N!
Steph90
Badges: 9
Report 8 years ago
OP is a champ.
Lamptastic
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by DdotT)
Peckham is a **** area, too many africans, im not being racist im being serious, no offence to africans intended, but the area is disgusting and so FOBISH
I dunno...I guess when you leave the station it's a bit heavy but I found the area was annoyingly arty farty.

Don't like Peckham it's a **** hole..houses can be pretty nice though and the common is nice in daylight.
ShinyT
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Do people generally forgive superficially good looking people poorly thought out opinions? Even the BBC news team is a joke; most of them are Sri Lankan, Welsh or ex trolley dolleys, and some have even appeared on low rent progs like 'Dancing on Ice'. Why is it so hard to find a 50 year old English born oxbridge male? Our musicians are also nearly always white liberal oriented or foul mouthed creatures from Peckham.

Should society make more of an effort to listen to the analysis of those not so well endowed, or are we hellbent on instant gratification?
What are you trying to say ?
SophiaKeuning
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

Dude, what's wrong with Welsh presenters? They have pretty voices. I'm sick of monotone monochromes ruling the media anyway.
Bongboy6969
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

Because 50 year old Oxbridge males are BORING and UGLY...

I think you're just annoyed that academia doesn't mean **** when you get to a certain age in the real world
lolawonder
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Ever heard the phrase 'politics is showbusiness for ugly people'? Loads of WASPs there.

However, showbusiness is politics for beautiful people. Keeps them occupied.
sfitz1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by I<3LAMP)
Really I'd say there are enough middle aged toffs in government. :awesome:

I'd prefer to look at an attractive person in the morning tbh so I don't regurgitate my cereal & OJ...this is precisely why I don't have a mirror near me when I've just woken up...or ever even lol.

EDIT: That said, I often find the weather woman really annoyingly jolly. Oh Look there's rain...yaaaay! ARGH!GHGHG:N!
THIS!!
theguru
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Why is it so hard to find a 50 year old English born oxbridge male?
ehh try Stephen Fry.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (236)
39.14%
No - but I will (41)
6.8%
No - I don't want to (45)
7.46%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (281)
46.6%

Watched Threads