Turn on thread page Beta

bullying watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i was watching on the evening news that they are trying to stop kids from being bullyed and are doing things to prevent it,

does anyone agree with me that there is nothing any politian or member of the goverment can prevent, they say that violence in the classroom is gettin worse,

the thing they didn't mention is that bullying isn't only in classrooms and no matter how hard they try they can't stop people disrespecting, harming and bullying each other, its everywhere we go!!

does anyone else agree that if kids get violent and attack some other pupil with a knife or something should be banned from every school!! i think it would be a good idea and too take away the bad kids rewards (day relise to college) and let the good kids have some rewards!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laursy)
    no matter how hard they try they can't stop people disrespecting, harming and bullying each other, its everywhere we go
    They can't stop it totally but they can reduce it by bringing in bigger punishments, obviously outside school theres not much punishment you can give for disrespect or verbal abuse, but in schools and work you can.

does anyone else agree that if kids get violent and attack some other pupil with a knife or something should be banned from every school!
    Well banning them from every school just like that would be very harsh, because maybe the attacker did it due to being bullied themselves, or maybe they have some kind of mental disorder and in these cases they should be given professinal help and so it wouldnt be fair to punish them that drastically.
    But if they attacked someone and they also did all the bullying and abuse then yes it should seriously considered that person being banned.

i think it would be a good idea and too take away the bad kids rewards (day relise to college) and let the good kids have some rewards!!
    I agree with this one again depending on circumstances, of course good hardworking kids should always be rewarded.
    But bad kids should only be banned if they cause trouble or violence just for the fun of it when they have no kind of emotional or mental disorder,

ReputationRep:
    i didn;t mean it to sound so harsh i just think they really aren;t doing enough in schools, my mum and dad both work at schools and they say the behaviour is just terrible, with a kid stabbing another one with scissors and attacking teachers,

my mum thinks the same that detenions and takin away privileges isn;t enough and kids reduce themselves to sucide through bullying

i do admit i did bully when i was at school this one girl used to wind me up and joked about my nan dying and that was unfogiveable i made her life hell!!
    and i ended up pushing her down a flight of stairs (luckily she wasn;t hurt)
    but none did anything about it!! not even battered an eye lid i know it was immature but ive grown up alot since then!!

ReputationRep:
    i do admit i did bully when i was at school this one girl used to wind me up and joked about my nan dying and that was unfogiveable i made her life hell!!
    and i ended up pushing her down a flight of stairs (luckily she wasn;t hurt)
    but none did anything about it!! not even battered an eye lid i know it was immature but ive grown up alot since then!!
    Ahhh but you see on what i said before, your situation would of been put as "It would be very harsh to ban her from all schools, as the other girl provoked her by winding her up and joking about her nan, therefore we should seek both with joint counselling maybe"
    you see my point???

But your right they need to give teachers more powers to tackle the problem and defend themselves

ReputationRep:
    yer totally all they did when i was there was send them out into the corridor for 10 minutes!!

its not good enough kids are to scared to even talk to people, and they can;t trust anyone, i was so niave at school i thought people only self harmed on the telly i was never too bright, and i was think how i could have drove that girl to start sliceing herself up as i may have ruined her life, and young people are doing that taking drugs and sliceing themselves up because they can;t stand there lives and not many people see this in young people untill it is beyond control,

theres no way a child being bullied would speck to a school concellor that will petrify them even more!!

these goverment people don;t do anything that makes sense to stop it!!
    imaybe not bann them as you say it is harsh maybe there shout be special schools for people like that (im sure there are), but if you take a trip to every school i bet everyone school has a child to scared to even attend!!

ReputationRep:
    theres no way a child being bullied would speck to a school concellor that will petrify them even more!!!!
    Sometimes yes of course they would be to scared to speak to a counsellor, but maybe they would like to finally be able to talk to someone so its worth atleast giving them the option.

these goverment people don;t do anything that makes sense to stop it!!
    i maybe not bann them as you say it is harsh maybe there shout be special schools for people like that (im sure there are),!
    There are special schools for kids with major mental disorders and someother special needs, like i said thats why in major bullying cases before banning them they should find out if they have some sort of condition.

but if you take a trip to every school i bet everyone school has a child to scared to even attend!!
    Yes im sure your right, but not all of them would be bullying related im sure.

ReputationRep:
    i think that kids shouldn;t keep it to themselves but bullying will stop them trusting anyone!!

someone bullied me once i had the guts to stand up and say its get lost but hey some people aren't that brave or confident

sounds stupid that i bullied then was bullied what goes around comes around

ReputationRep:
    i think that kids shouldn;t keep it to themselves but bullying will stop them trusting anyone!!

someone bullied me once i had the guts to stand up and say its get lost but hey some people aren't that brave or confident

sounds stupid that i bullied then was bullied what goes around comes around
    Your right kids shouldn't but unless they know the benefits of talking about it then most will still keep it to themselves.
    You bullied someone because you was provoked, sure maybe you took it to far but that was the reason.
    Maybe because you had bullied before you knew how the person bullying you was thinking therefore knowing how to handle it???

ReputationRep:
    Both inside and outside of school, they should be more willing to report things like this to the police and the children's panels and what have you should be able to give out proper punishments that don't affect someone's criminal record until they are at least 12.

ReputationRep:
    i was watching on the evening news that they are trying to stop kids from being bullyed and are doing things to prevent it,

does anyone agree with me that there is nothing any politian or member of the goverment can prevent, they say that violence in the classroom is gettin worse,

the thing they didn't mention is that bullying isn't only in classrooms and no matter how hard they try they can't stop people disrespecting, harming and bullying each other, its everywhere we go!!

does anyone else agree that if kids get violent and attack some other pupil with a knife or something should be banned from every school!! i think it would be a good idea and too take away the bad kids rewards (day relise to college) and let the good kids have some rewards!!
    They can always do things to stop themselves from being bullied.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zooropa)
    They can always do things to stop themselves from being bullied.
    No they can't. I was bullied all the way through school - all psychological stuff, although in science once someone did try to pour burning ethanol onto me.
    I had one friend in the entire school. The teachers respected me and tried to help me out, but when their authority is not respected what can they do?
    How am I supposed to stop myself being bullied then? Standing up to them? Trust me I tried, and things merely got worse. Backing down and running away? A continual strategy, as was 'ignore them' - which never EVER works.
    So do tell, what do you do?

ReputationRep:
    No they can't.
    Yes they can!

If you're being a loner, then people would take advantage of that. If you appear to lack confidence, people would take advantage of that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poica)
    How am I supposed to stop myself being bullied then? Standing up to them? Trust me I tried, and things merely got worse. Backing down and running away? A continual strategy, as was 'ignore them' - which never EVER works.
    So do tell, what do you do?
    I sympathize for I have experienced bullying to the extreme, I feel it as changed my life to the worse.

And the answer is not to stand upto them, nor tell anybody .. the answer is somewhat complex to explain ... 'psychological stuff'

ReputationRep:
    There was something in the news the other day about a 12 year old trying to kill herself because she was being "Bullied"... surely a 12 year old should not even know how to kill herself? If you ask me I think she's watching too much television/ is attention seeking or has a mental illness herself.

ReputationRep:
    Yes they can!

If you're being a loner, then people would take advantage of that. If you appear to lack confidence, people would take advantage of that.
    I don't lack confidence, and I had few friends because there were few people in the school who I really got on with and would call a 'friend'. I was bullied because I'm intelligent and therefore different.

ReputationRep:
    So?

Psychologists would mention methods to prevent yourself from being bullied. Often people who are loners and lack confidence are the ones who get bullied.

ReputationRep:
    I can feel the love...

ReputationRep:
    So?

Psychologists would mention methods to prevent yourself from being bullied. Often people who are loners and lack confidence are the ones who get bullied.
    Or people who are different in some way. And please, if I'm not lacking in confidence or particularly a loner, how do I prevent myself being bullied? Please give some evidence for your 'psychologists would mention methods'.

ReputationRep:
    don't stick all the bad anoying kids in college... there enough of them there allready... seriously!
    i got bullied for like 5 years cause of various things ranging from my colour to the fact im from bleeding wales or becuase p;eople were bored.... yeah its bleeding pathetic.
    seriously i think kids that do nothing but prat around and try and beat people up in school shouldn't be forced to go to school. and then when they want to get a job and get asked what qualifications they have and they say none there stumped.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poica)
    Or people who are different in some way. And please, if I'm not lacking in confidence or particularly a loner, how do I prevent myself being bullied? '.
    I dunno. Life is tough.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 17, 2005
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.