What do you do to keep your teeth healthy and what's the best way to whiten my teeth? Watch

Sadian
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
My teeth have always been quite unhealthy and dull in whiteness for the majority of my teen life and I envy my young kid self for having such nice teeth.

I also blame him for ruining my teeth as he often failed to brush regularly! Anyway, I'm getting braces soon and I wanted to know what are the best things to use/do to keep your teeth healthy? And what's the best and cheapest thing to use that's easily accessible to help whiten/bring back the natural whiteness of them without damaging them?
Sadian
Rep:
?
Hmmmm, is this the wrong place to talk about teeth?
Wilzyy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Brush twice a day.
When you get braces taken off, I think they intensively clean your teeth which makes them whiter.
Sadian
Rep:
?
Hmmm, but that'd be years away. :/

I want to get them whiter ASAP. They're just really yellow/dull and I hate it.
Mask Of Sanity
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You could always get them whitened I suppose?

However, brushing them twice a day seems to work quite well. Make sure you also use inter-dental brushes, especially if you're going to be getting braces. Flossing regularly too if you really want.
TomInce6666
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
brush with whitening toothpaste?

i dont know if your orthodontist would like you getting them bleached tbh, so im not too sure what you could do.
Sadian
Rep:
?
I guess I'll just continue brushing like usual. Anyway, what are inter-dental brushes and would you guys recommend mouthwash?
Pinball_heart
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I wish my teeth were white enough to be able to wear bright red lipstick
But considering I drink 3 cups of coffee a day, smoke at least 10 a day and only brush them once/twice, I'd say I'm doing quite well.

Tea is supposed to be terrible for them, so don't drink tea.
You can get your teeth whitened.
Or try bicarbonate of soda:
http://www.whiterteethwhitening.com/...whitening.html

P.S I haven't tried either, but eventually I will.
Sadian
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pinball_heart)
I wish my teeth were white enough to be able to wear bright red lipstick
But considering I drink 3 cups of coffee a day, smoke at least 10 a day and only brush them once/twice, I'd say I'm doing quite well.

Tea is supposed to be terrible for them, so don't drink tea.
You can get your teeth whitened.
Or try bicarbonate of soda:
http://www.whiterteethwhitening.com/...whitening.html

P.S I haven't tried either, but eventually I will.
Oh, that sounds quite good! I've heard of using bicarbonate of soda but wasn't exactly too sure. I'll give it a try! Thanks for the link!
eve_bg
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My teeth aren't perfectly white either, so I brush them 3 times a day! There is usually some visible improvement after a week and a half.. Apart from this, there's not much I can say about it.
Khodu
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I brush my teeth twice a day, spend a long time brushing, and the correct way to brush your teeth. Some people don't know the way to brush one's teeth to get the best affect.
Sadian
Rep:
?
(Original post by Khodu)
I brush my teeth twice a day, spend a long time brushing, and the correct way to brush your teeth. Some people don't know the way to brush one's teeth to get the best affect.
I think I might not be brushing the correct way. What exactly is the correct way?
Khodu
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Sadian)
I think I might not be brushing the correct way. What exactly is the correct way?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+to+brush+yo...he+correct+way
Cable
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Ouch! That was pretty cold. But slightly funny at the same time.
Khodu
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Cable)
Ouch! That was pretty cold. But slightly funny at the same time.
lol. Negged me after that too...
Cable
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Khodu)
lol. Negged me after that too...
Hahaha. I didn't neg you at all. I even said I found it funny. I actually laughed about it so don't get so worked up. It's only rep. Not the most important thing in life. Did you do it as joke or were you seriously trying to make him look like an idiot (which was quite cold/harsh)?
Khodu
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Cable)
Hahaha. I didn't neg you at all. I even said I found it funny. I actually laughed about it so don't get so worked up. It's only rep. Not the most important thing in life. Did you do it as joke or were you seriously trying to make him look like an idiot (which was quite cold/harsh)?
LOL. I meant he negged me. It was a joke. He posts quite a lot of threads and people don't really reply because it's an easy google search or click on the help button question.
Sadian
Rep:
?
Ahah, yeah. I could Google it but I'd much rather get the information from someone who was just talking to me about it so I could further ask them questions instead of getting it from a guide. It's much more easier to get the exact information you want instead of Googling it and finding the information you want but not being able to go further than that. Having a person to talk to about it feels much more reliable, y'know? I'd rather hear it from someone instead of just simply searching and finding the information when I could get it from a live person who I could actually communicate with.

And I didn't neg rep you. Just to prove it, I'll positive rep you on that post.
Abused Tampon
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Crest whitening strips
youtube/google them.
they can only be bought online.

they really work, only takes half and hour to notice a massive permanent change
Sadian
Rep:
?
(Original post by Khodu)
LOL. I meant he negged me. It was a joke. He posts quite a lot of threads and people don't really reply because it's an easy google search or click on the help button question.
And where'd you get that assumption from? I only started posting often a few days ago and before that, I only posted once a month just to get some school-related help. Most of my topics consist of stuff that asks for people's own experience/knowledge instead of 'google searches' like advice on things and such.

(Original post by Abused Tampon)
Crest whitening strips
youtube/google them.
they can only be bought online.

they really work, only takes half and hour to notice a massive permanent change
Wow, half an hour to notice a massive permanent change? Those sound good but not only are they quite expensive, they don't really sound too safe seeing as you can only buy them online. :/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (269)
38.54%
No - but I will (47)
6.73%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.31%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (331)
47.42%

Watched Threads