Who uses Microsoft Office Word? Watch

daedalos
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I still use the 2002 version. I really really hate the horribly difficult to navigate menus in the newer versions. Too many fancy graphics, large picture menus, features most users never use, etc. Anyone else hate MS Word 2011?
RightSaidJames
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The new version is much better than the older one once you get used to it.
whyumadtho
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by RightSaidJames)
This. I shared your sentiment, OP, until I forced myself to use 2007 (when it came out) and discovered it was much better than the older ones after using it properly.
ily_em
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I like the new one. It's pretty simple
Mr Inquisitive
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The improved interface makes it bearable, but it's quite an annoying transition to make.
.Theory
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
it's normal to dislike change, but give it a go and I think you'll like it once you get used to it
Broderss
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
When I first started using 2007 I hated it and thought it was retarded and pointless, but actually it's much easier to use and pretty useful.
ElMoro
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I've used 2007 since it came out and now use 2010 but I hate them I much prefer the 2003 version. :banghead:
ch0llima
Report 8 years ago
Word 2007 is a disaster. Get 2010 if you can, or roll back to 2003. 2007 is so bad that it harms my productivity and is just plain frustrating to use.
MrStick
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by daedalos)
I still use the 2002 version. I really really hate the horribly difficult to navigate menus in the newer versions. Too many fancy graphics, large picture menus, features most users never use, etc. Anyone else hate MS Word 2011?
I don't use Microsoft Office anymore.....

For the past ermm..... 6+ months, I've been using Notepad =D
DarkWhite
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Use OpenOffice at home. In work and uni, have to use Office 2010, and even after months of using it, I can't stand the ribbon interface.

Shortcuts ftw.
ArjunT
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by MrStick)

if you want something free you could try open office its free and its quite simular to office.

Also I use word 2007 sometimes but since ive started my comp sci course, I rarely use word for anything other than looking at time tables.
thomasp
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I prefer the Mac version of Word (2011) to the Windows versions (2007 & 2010), because you can just use the normal menubar, which OSX insists is still present, so all functionality of the ribbon is duplicated in the normal menubar. You can then disable the ribbon and use it like "classic word".
Spexzzz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Once you get use to it, its pretty nice but for serious heavy users that tap into every function, might get a little confused when trying to find certain functions as quoted by my lecturer.
MrStick
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ArjunT)
if you want something free you could try open office its free and its quite simular to office.

Also I use word 2007 sometimes but since ive started my comp sci course, I rarely use word for anything other than looking at time tables.
Aha. I have Open Office. ^_^
I use Notepad - quicker to get to, loads quicker, and simple to just type short things.
Lord Jon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I keep promising myself to get MS office 2011. I have 2010 atm.

Is the interface that different? :lolwut:
Lord Jon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by MrStick)

I ditto Arjun! Open Office would be good for you. I think it's files are compatible with MS Office.

Have not used OO in a while so :shrug:
LaughingBro
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I have 2007. I think I wasted £60 buying the whole office package.
favouriteworstnightmare
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I much prefer 2007 over 2010

2010 is so over-simplified, it makes it difficult to use in some way D;
markrush
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by RightSaidJames)
Agreed. I hated the new version at first. Then after a while developing programs in Access I got used to it and concur it is better. But really did they have to change the way it works soo much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (112)
38.89%
No - but I will (13)
4.51%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.94%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (143)
49.65%

Watched Threads