The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Film & TV Open Day?

Hey everyone
Just received my offer from Herts, which is pretty much my first choice at the moment!

I've already got the conditions I need for my offer so all that's left for me to do is firm it and get the ball rolling, but obviously first I want to see the uni - probably a good idea if I'm going to be living there for 3 years!

I was invited to an Open Day, but it doesn't give a date. I visited the website and chose the faculty I assumed Film & TV would be under (School of Creative Arts) but there is no date for the next open day.

I'm not sure whether this is due to the website not being updated or me just barely missing an open day, so there isn't one for a while. Would anyone be able to shed some light?

I'm only asking on here because I know that some Herts students/lecturers use these forums so I may receive a quicker response than if I e-mail admissions.

Thanks a lot :smile:
Seb
Reply 1
Out of curiosity, which of the Film and TV courses have you applied for?

Is it the BSc or one of the BAs?

I've applied for Film and Television Entertainment :smile:

If you check your e-mail inbox there should be one from UH inviting you to the open days.

Or, alternatively, there should be a blue 'open day' application form that accompanied your offer that came in the post.
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Original post by GBateman
Out of curiosity, which of the Film and TV courses have you applied for?

Is it the BSc or one of the BAs?

I've applied for Film and Television Entertainment :smile:

If you check your e-mail inbox there should be one from UH inviting you to the open days.

Or, alternatively, there should be a blue 'open day' application form that accompanied your offer that came in the post.

Awesome :smile:
I applied for Film and Television Fiction, I think it's more suitable for me because I want to go into editing, visual effects etc.
But I'm sure the courses are pretty close anyway. I only received my offer a few days back so I'll probably receive my offer in the post soon, I got the e-mail but it just tells me to login to the website, where there isn't a date D:
Reply 3
I'm hoping to go into editing and scriptwriting :biggrin:

I'm sure if you log into your VIP page there's a drop-down menu somewhere with all the dates.
Awesome! :smile:
Looks like a really decent course.
There are 2 dates, but in mid April and it's for 'Art and Music Open Day'. Not 100% if it should be that or Creative Arts open day. I know they're kinda the same thing but still O_O

Even so April is a looong time away and I'm going travelling on the 15th April! I was hoping there would be one early March or something! *crycry*
Hi Seb

You should have recieved log in details to your VIP page in the letter. On this page you will be able to choose an open day date.

If you're still having problems please give me your full name and we can book you in at this end.

Feel free to email me directly.

Kind regards
Sadiya
[email protected]
Original post by S.adam-saib@herts.
Hi Seb

You should have recieved log in details to your VIP page in the letter. On this page you will be able to choose an open day date.

If you're still having problems please give me your full name and we can book you in at this end.

Feel free to email me directly.

Kind regards
Sadiya
[email protected]

Hi Sadiya!
Since I posted this I received my pack in the post which gave me Open Day info... But unfortunately I'm going travelling from 15 April - 15 June so I'm going to miss both of them! :frown:
Do you think it would be at all possible to come to an open day for another subject to see accommodation, campus, etc, then maybe have a quick tour of the facilities or something? Or is that not something that could be arranged?

Many Thanks :smile:
Reply 7
Could you not go to the general open day on 12th March? That should have all the tours etc.
Original post by flipshot
Could you not go to the general open day on 12th March? That should have all the tours etc.

As far as I'm aware I will be manning the Film and TV Course talk for that Open Day....
Original post by flipshot

Original post by thecurators
As far as I'm aware I will be manning the Film and TV Course talk for that Open Day....

I wasn't aware there were 'general' open days, must've missed that on the website! It wasn't in the pack containing open day dates so I didn't know :smile:
I will definitely be there!
Thanks very much for your help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending