Nissan Micra lover, AND PROUD! Watch

Roocky
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hey all,

basically, i want my first car to be a little Nissan, i just think they're sturdy, whilst at the same time retaining a certain cuteness to them, as well as cheap to run.

However, everyone from my mom to my friends is constantly cussing them out, for what reason??

Someone i know even said she looks down on another girl at her uni because she drives one

TSR, where is all this irrational hate coming from?? Are they somehow very faulty in their design or something?
Emma:-)
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I have a nissan micra (2000 reg). I love mine.
It is reliable (unlike my old car), cheap to buy and run. What more could you want from your first car. Mine is only 1.0l, which can be a bit underpowered when theres a few people in the car, but as its only me in the car most of the time its fine.
Normandy114
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
A friend of mine had one, don't think anyone saw anything wrong with it, just the fact he crashed it 4 or 5 times...
yokabasha
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yh I've got one and I get loads of stick for it, your choice.
ch0llima
Badges: 14
Report 8 years ago
My driving instructor had an '03 Micra (53 plate IIRC). It was a great little car for learning in, as it wasn't too powerful and had fairly decent handling. Passed my test in that car too

Not sure if I'd have one full time though.
JC.
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I suppose if you must have a micra, a Figaro would be worth a look? 50's styling on a micra chassis.
Dirac Delta Function
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Roocky)
Hey all,

basically, i want my first car to be a little Nissan, i just think they're sturdy, whilst at the same time retaining a certain cuteness to them, as well as cheap to run.

However, everyone from my mom to my friends is constantly cussing them out, for what reason??

Someone i know even said she looks down on another girl at her uni because she drives one

TSR, where is all this irrational hate coming from?? Are they somehow very faulty in their design or something?
Nope, they're good cars.

The first car that I bought with my own money (as opposed to parents) was a small Japanese Hatchback. Not a Micra, but not dissimilar.

They're reliable, cheap to maintain and run. They're as common as muck, so you can probs find a good deal too.
asdfg0987
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
They is ****, get a nissan nismo 370z like me
Alt__x
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

Because most people who drive Micras look like this.
bhonfranco
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yeaaaa i love Micra!
superturtle
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by JC.)
I suppose if you must have a micra, a Figaro would be worth a look? 50's styling on a micra chassis.
Whats wrong with just getting a micra?

In my opinion, they are a great little car! My mum has had 3 of them, and they have passed every MOT every time, no problems at all. Originally my mum had a 1994 Purple shape which she had for 11 years, then upgraded to a 2005 red new shape model which she had for 2/3 years and just before christmas, she upgraded again to a 2011 top of the range Micra. She has never had any problems with them!

Currently I am learning to drive in her car, and it does seem like a nice little car to drive, but I guess I cant compare that to anything else, seeing as it is the only car I have ever driven! haha

If you want one get it! Good car, and good MPG. I personally won't get one, because I can get a car that suits me more, with just as good MPG, but it all depends on what you want!
asdfg0987
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Alt__x)

:ahee:
.snowflake.
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Emma:-))
I have a nissan micra (2000 reg). I love mine.
It is reliable (unlike my old car), cheap to buy and run. What more could you want from your first car. Mine is only 1.0l, which can be a bit underpowered when theres a few people in the car, but as its only me in the car most of the time its fine.
WE've got a blue Nissan micra, also 2000 reg. Had a new set of tyres twice, and dad replaced some brake thingies a few weeks ago. That's all its needed doing to it. Boot is HUGE (we managed to get a proper sized fridge into the back to take it to the tip.) Ford KA on the otherhand, no boot or legroom in the back.
superturtle
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by .snowflake.)
WE've got a blue Nissan micra, also 2000 reg. Had a new set of tyres twice, and dad replaced some brake thingies a few weeks ago. That's all its needed doing to it. Boot is HUGE (we managed to get a proper sized fridge into the back to take it to the tip.) Ford KA on the otherhand, no boot or legroom in the back.
OMG! I forgot all about that! The car I swear to god is like a tardis! That thing has taken some expensive IKEA trips, and never become full. We have had a 42" plasma in there (standing up, not laid flat, cant do that with plasmas), A king size mattress, washing machines, load of flatpack stuff, all still whilst carrying 2 people!
Emma:-)
  • Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I totally agree. You cant really fit anything into the boot either they are so small. And they rust mega bad.
asdfg0987
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
That's like pimp my ride yo!
.snowflake.
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Emma:-))
I totally agree. You cant really fit anything into the boot either they are so small. And they rust mega bad.
My physics teacher ended up with one as a courtesy car. Pretty much filled the boot with 2 briefcases and a plastic box.
ocelotrevs
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
113000 and still going strong.
My Micra has got a Nismo sticker on the back :cool:
Roocky
Rep:
?
(Original post by Alt__x)

Aha, that came up once or twice, so what? She's fit
Roocky
Rep:
?
Agreed KA's can kiss ma ass
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (124)
39.62%
No - but I will (17)
5.43%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.39%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (152)
48.56%

Watched Threads