Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SlyPie)
    To be honest, because my mother put in shitloads in her marriage and my father mentally abused her and took her for granted while walking all over her and she wasted 16 years of her life on that marriage. Not to mention she held a full-time job, worked in his company, and raised me all by herself. Not only this, he took half of her retirement fund at their divorce.

Er okay, uh did you want another explanation? hehe
    Nice, psychologists must be well chuffed with you. Not all men are your father.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous_Girl)
    And please, please, please don't hurl abuse at me - I'm not a horrible person, I swear!
    Yes you are.

You should break up with your boyfriend because you were all touchy-feely with this guy and it happened several times and it was hardly a little "accident". Plus, the fact you say "no tongues" as if it made it less serious is immature and a bit dishonest. What matters is what's in your head and clearly it wasn't your boyfriend when you were with this guy. Plus I would be pissed off if my girlfriend were going around telling guys she'd date them if she wasn't with me.

You should break up with your boyfriend, not just because you're sure there's something to fall on after him. It seems like you're hesitating to break up because you're not sure if there's something to fall back on. I don't think that's an honest way of behaving.

Plus, like, some of the people here, I question the intentions and the integrity of this guy.

ReputationRep:
    I think Anonymous_Girl deserves a bit of a break. Ok, so maybe she did and said some things that she shouldn't have, but I find it hard to believe that everyone contributing to this thread has a led a perfect, innocent, idealistic life. As Anon_Girl mentioned, every situation is different, and although that is not an excuse, it certainly highlights the fact that these things aren't clear cut. My advice to Anon_Girl would be, back off from the guy you like: tell him you need some time to sort your head out. If he's genuinely interested in you this won't be a problem. It may also give him some time to think about/deal with his current relationship. Concentrate on sorting out with your boyfriend for the moment. Whether that's finishing it, or whatever you feel you need to do. It seems as though there are issues in your relationship that need sorting out before they hurt/affect either of you anymore, without bringing in a third party to complicate things. If you do end the relationship with your boyfriend, then is the time to think about the new guy, and take things from there.

To be honest, people can give you all the advice in the world, but you will do whatever you need to do. Good luck. x

ReputationRep:
    What it all boils down to in the end is that both of you are filthy cheats. Hope you feel good when your boyfriend finds out and his girlfreind does. I'm sure you find pleasure in others misery.

Oh btw, the guy is blatantly using you. You will just end up being a booty call. Would you believe him if he said he has broken up with his gf and wants you?... Once a cheat always a cheat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemistBoy)
    It was an example, genius.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemistBoy)
    No, but all men are evil.

See: I have no distorted perceptions of men.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psycho(logist))
    Right... that statement was a contradiction in itself. You see him cheating on his girlfriend of 2 years openly, and you expect that he won't cheat on you? Well, in real life....

I think you know the answer to your own question. Then again, if two people are willing to cheat on their partners... maybe they do belong together.
    maybe you (or anyone in this situation) belong together, but you still need to say stop..when it comes to anything physical and talk about it first. and then you should have a better idea of whether hes what you originally thought he was or not (i.e if he can respond to your questions maturely and therefore prove his feelings)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)

You should break up with your boyfriend, not just because you're sure there's something to fall on after him. It seems like you're hesitating to break up because you're not sure if there's something to fall back on. I don't think that's an honest way of behaving.
    This is not the reason - the reason is because I love my boyfriend (although I feel I'm not 'in love' with him anymore, because of all the bad stuff that's happened between us)... before I always put him first, but now I've just decided that he doesn't show respect for me, so I've put myself first for a change. He has pushed me away, we nearly broke up a couple of weeks ago but didn't in the end, and I haven't seen him much since. I've just realised that, as a major gambling addict, there's very little chance he is ever going to love me properly.

ReputationRep:
    I think you've made it clear that you should and want to end it with you boyfriend. If you and this other guy really like each other it won't do any harm to stay away from each other for a bit and sort out your relationships. If he cheated on his girlfriend with you, what's to say he wouldn't do the same to you with another girl who flirted with him? It's something you should be wary of.

If you truly have a future together, time apart won't do any harm.

ReputationRep:
    In that case you really should just end it then, rather than continue to hurt yourself. You really do keep answering your own question.

Although I suppose it's understandable... sometimes you just refuse to realize the truth even when it slaps you in the face. In that case, you need friends or other people to point out the blatantly obvious. It forces you to face the truth.

But honestly... this is a forum full of barely-adults and more or less adolescents.... not the best place to turn to for advice, I can tell you that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clomoo)
    I think you've made it clear that you should and want to end it with you boyfriend. If you and this other guy really like each other it won't do any harm to stay away from each other for a bit and sort out your relationships. If he cheated on his girlfriend with you, what's to say he wouldn't do the same to you with another girl who flirted with him? It's something you should be wary of.

If you truly have a future together, time apart won't do any harm.
    The thing is, I don't think he sees what he did with me as 'cheating'... I do in a way, but I know that me and my boyfriend are going to be finished soon. I don't really get what he' doing. I hugged him and said 'do you mind me doing this?'... he replied, 'No, I just don't feel like I can reciprocate at the moment'... it's as though he sees me and him as having something in the future, but then he said he was going to see his girlfriend at the weekend... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    the subject of cheating really annoys me because i dont see it as bad because you went with someone else or that you lied to your partner (even though this is wrong)but the fact that if you love someone and it is real love then you shouldnt want to be with anyone else. and as in this case if you do happen to cheat then you like this person so therefore you do not completely love your partner and should finish it with your partner straight away because you are not with them because you love them. ok bit messed up with the words but i think you will all get the general point

ReputationRep:
    many a time i have said this people may jduge me for this but i am not reallty bothered

'you cannot help who you fall for'

im sure we all meet new people all the time but we don;t fall for all of them maybe just that one, you need to talk to him about how you feel otherwise you will keep it bottled up and explode!!

ReputationRep:
    Hes obviously the sort of guy who messes with girls heads if he was the decent guy you wish he was, then he would atleast wait till hes 100% split with his girlfriend before making moves for you.

He says she dont love him and hes like oh i gota gf UNFORTUNATLEY i mean come on if that was true he would of dumped her by now sounds abit suss if you ask me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daniellejuson)
    I think Anonymous_Girl deserves a bit of a break. Ok, so maybe she did and said some things that she shouldn't have, but I find it hard to believe that everyone contributing to this thread has a led a perfect, innocent, idealistic life.
    I have never cheated on anyone though, so in this particular case, I have led my life exactly as you have described.

--------------

(Original post by psycho(logist))
    It was an example, genius.
    What is that supposed to mean?

--------------

(Original post by SlyPie)
    No, but all men are evil.

See: I have no distorted perceptions of men.
    I'll speak your language:

Whatever...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.