City and Islington College

Scroll to see replies

Original post by katylam96
I'm taking - maybe see you guys
Maths
Biology
Chemistry
Economics

I'm also taking Maths, Biology and Chemistry!
Reply 81
Original post by solorespira
Can I just ask , are you lot coming with someone (e.g group of friends) or by yourself? (Taster Day)

I doubt anyone is coming with a group, me and my mate are in the same class and time which was a coincidence xD
Reply 82
Are the taster days more like one lesson only (approximate 2 hrs) or the whole day?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 83
Yeah it was just 1hr and 30 mins, thought it was the whole day -_-
It's just one lesson unless you are applying for the International Baccalaureate in which case it's half a day. I will be sitting in the library, either desperately trying to put together an extended essay or more likely procrastinating as ever scaring you guys by talking to you as well as all the current IB Students sleep-deprived maniacs :P
Reply 85
I missed the induction today by accident but I called the college and they said it was okay and continued my application.

Could anyone tell what happened in room 329 at 9:30 am?
And what the work was that they handed out, if anything?
I'd really appreciate it :smile:
Reply 86
^ See your pm.
Reply 87
Ditching the tester lesson today. Cba to go for just an hour

Reply 88
Original post by notsure
Ditching the tester lesson today. Cba to go for just an hour

Inform them though, that is if you are actually gonna enrol lol
Reply 89
ok#:smile:
Original post by ilyking
6 a levels is a bit much, only do this if you are willing to revise from day 1

and the place isn't too brilliant, the biology dept is very bad. I was doing 5 a levels then I dropped biology. It had zero relevance for what I wanted to do so no harm done.

a lot and I mean A LOT of my friends don't agree with the biology dept too. But then again.. some people absolutely love it and their enthusiasm is somewhat fiery and they're the ones getting A*s. So it's really up to you

What are the chances of me getting more than 3As if I go there. Is the teaching any good for; Physics, Biology, Chemistry and Maths
Original post by CLS94
It's just one lesson unless you are applying for the International Baccalaureate in which case it's half a day. I will be sitting in the library, either desperately trying to put together an extended essay or more likely procrastinating as ever scaring you guys by talking to you as well as all the current IB Students sleep-deprived maniacs :P

I wanna do IB but I suck at English Language so fuuuck!
Original post by Can't think
I wanna do IB but I suck at English Language so fuuuck!

You don't have to be amazing at English to do it. If by English Language you mean the subject you're fine as it is completely a Literature course. In our year group, we have people who don't speak English as their first language, including some who had only been in the country for under a year before they started the course. If you work hard at it you'll be fine :smile:
Hey guys kinda late, but what time does tutorial finish on 7th September 2012?
Reply 94
They said its only an hour long and it starts at 9 so finishes at 10 I guess.

Original post by sonia_leon
Does anyone know what I should buy, like stationery etc? I'm totes baffled :tongue:

samee, but i'm just bringing in pens, pencils (the usual stuff) and maybe a small notebook? (:confused: if you do an art subject you'll probably need art supplies later on. they might tell us what we need on friday though.
Original post by sonia_leon
Does anyone know what I should buy, like stationery etc? I'm totes baffled :tongue:

All you really need is a pen and paper. Teachers usually gave us folders.

Sent from my GT-I9100
Reply 97
how is city and islington college applied science campus like and how is the student are they friendly and what about the teaching is it good

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending